List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

2MP is the major one -show him the money and have him sign extension before next season. My bet is he won't commit though...will be very valuable by end of next season.

Just give him $700k p.a. right now which he couldn't hope for much more anyway. Give his mate Touk $550k p.a. while they are at to keep them happy.

I've got to say, I thought the talk from some on here that he will be in our best 22 by round 1, 2017 was downright ridiculous, and it would take him a couple of seasons to even start looking like a player. But alas, even after injury struck him down, he has found a way to prove in particular you and Ben Drever right, and I wouldn't be surprised if he in fact was entrenched in the 22 next season. I'm sorry for doubting you guys.

But, I mean hey, throw enough s*** at a wall and eventually some of it will stick, right? ;)

It was pretty plain to see after the 1st quarter of that NT Thunder NEAFL game up there - it was like the Matrix in how he was playing compared to everyone else at that level.

Don't trust my judgement until my shares in McKenzie Willis come good. I will buy some of Greendogg's shares in him if he is selling.

It was pretty plain to see after the 1st quarter of that NT Thunder NEAFL game up there - it was like the Matrix in how he was playing compared to everyone else at that level.

Don't trust my judgement until my shares in McKenzie Willis come good. I will buy some of Greendogg's shares in him if he is selling.
No! Not selling, Willis is going to be a jet, love the way he takes the game on...
But agree, he hasn't proven us right yet OB... I hope both he and Ainsworth prove we are not complete idiots next season..

No! Not selling, Willis is going to be a jet, love the way he takes the game on...
But agree, he hasn't proven us right yet OB... I hope both he and Ainsworth prove we are not complete idiots next season..

I can bask in my Fiorini triump for the next 6 months based on that last game ;)

Still love Willis - hopefully a solid pre-season will set him up (read somewhere on here where someone saw the team down the beach and he was the only player without ripped abs). Hopefully he can get a game as a lock down back pocket for starters as it is a role we need to fill.

Love Ainsworth ever since I saw a highlight of him when he kicked 4 goals in a quarter this year and he did a stationary standing jump off both feet to take a contested grab in the goal square against a bigger opponent. He has springs in his heels that kid.

Last edited:
When do clubs start the Cull?
Mid this week?
Or is it after grand final week?

IIRC they normally start ASAP after the season for those who are not expected to have any trade value or are out of contract and have been told they will not be renewed. But I think those players will know who they are and have already been talking to club management.

So we should start hearing about them this week/next week. Still got to get through mad monday/post season celebrations first. (Fingers crossed for no negative news for once) and then the announcements should start coming in.

When do clubs start the Cull?
Mid this week?
Or is it after grand final week?
the players who are being delisted have been told already so there will be an announcement this week, those being traded are a different story as there is more strategy to that and it varies depending on who the player is and his prospects

If you jump on Nicholls snapchat looks like a goodbye about 20mins ago. Couldn't tell who, my guess it was Luke Russell.

Goodbye from Nicholls?? Or to Luke?

It definitely was Luke Russell, in a huddle with all of the players at the bowls club. It sounded like he was saying his farewells to the team and said something along the lines of 'to all the guys staying on next year and in the future I wish you all the best', and talked about his time at the club. Nicholls was just filming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure there are plenty of examples, but are there any recent examples of players re-signing after the end of round 23? Just seems weird that Nicholls appears to be re-signing so late in the season.

I'm sure there are plenty of examples, but are there any recent examples of players re-signing after the end of round 23? Just seems weird that Nicholls appears to be re-signing so late in the season.

Not 100% , but Cloke was after the season i think , your right not many though.

Maybe had something to do with waiting on JOM and Dion to see what cash was left over to get the deal done.

Maybe had something to do with waiting on JOM and Dion to see what cash was left over to get the deal done.

Hope not.
Nicholls ain't worth the paper his contract is written on.
Currie will be number 1 next year
Nicholls will hyper extend his knee again in the NEAFL because he jumps 3sec to early

Hope not.
Nicholls ain't worth the paper his contract is written on.
Currie will be number 1 next year
Nicholls will hyper extend his knee again in the NEAFL because he jumps 3sec to early

Yet Currie breaks his hand 3 times this year , whats the difference ? the only thing consistent with our players is injurys.

Good point - I hadn't actually considered that. Maybe the Suns waiting for JOM/Prestia in order to make a front loaded offer to Nicholls?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back