List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I can't seem to find out
Yeah there trading thread , you cant miss it itss consuming for them at the moment , and for anyone thinking it is remotely true i can assure after talking to the man at B&F for 10 mins he is very happy where he is , not so much first season though.

His just recently signed a lease with Touk for a place, don't see him leaving

One of the great circle jerks in Bigfooty history is happening on the Magpies board , with someone having info 2MP is about to request a trade to Collingwood , very entertaining over 100 posts , if you want to kill 15 mins i recommend a visit.
Nah already banned from the Jaeger thread,

Don't get to excited it is only Damien Barrett reporting so Tnichs could request a trade tomorrow

yes it was...................

Tom has re-signed....

Lynch joins captain Gary Ablett as a multiple club champion at the Suns.

The 23-year-old won the award in a landslide on a night that also saw the Suns announce a new two-year deal for ruckman Tom Nicholls.
Purple now just reading our website :S

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His just recently signed a lease with Touk for a place, don't see him leaving
I can unequivocally say from the guy who told me about the Barlow deal Peter Wright LOVES it here, I have been to the club twice in the previous month before training started and he was there in the gym both times, that kid is focused and determined

I can unequivocally say from the guy who told me about the Barlow deal Peter Wright LOVES it here, I have been to the club twice in the previous month before training started and he was there in the gym both times, that kid is focused and determined

And we love Peter. Mammoth and a jet. Cannot wait to see what a monster he becomes.

I'm sure all the young guys love living on the coast , who would'nt , but we need success to keep them no matter how much they love it here , they only have small careers , thats why this year is big for us .

Hopefully Touk n Pete deals get done early. Contract length did get a mention in Touk's recent interview but the subject changed pretty quick!

Gold Coast product Rory Thompson signs two-year contract extension with the Suns
2b856af7b607d3c1137f40f2e506568d

Terry Wilson, Gold Coast Bulletin
November 12, 2016 12:00am
2b856af7b607d3c1137f40f2e506568d

HOME-grown product Rory Thompson remains indebted to former Gold Coast coach Guy McKenna for plucking him from reserve grade and setting him on the path to the AFL.

Thompson, 25, yesterday reflected on the role McKenna played after the tall defender signed a two-year contract extension that will keep him at Metricon Stadium until the end of the 2019 season.

The story goes that Thompson was not exactly on the radar of the Suns when they first set up a playing roster for their entry into the 2009 TAC Cup competition.

The Suns had special recruiting access to seven Queenslanders and Thompson was not among them – until McKenna asked why not.

The Gold Coasters selected before Thompson were Marc Lock, Joel Wilkinson and Jack Stanlake.

“Apparently the Suns got special permission from the AFL to get another player and I was the eighth,” Thompson said. “I think that’s the story but, anyway, I was playing in a reserve grade grand final for Southport (QAFL) at the old Carrara Stadium and Bluey was there. I kicked four or five goals and was invited to a draft combine.

“I played my first AFL game under him and I’m very grateful for him to give me the opportunity.”

bc14773ecb7d6ebc9d5475547e2b2dcd

Home-grown Gold Coast Suns defender Rory Thompson. Photo: David Clark
Since then Thompson had completed 79 AFL games with the Suns and has formed a formidable defensive combination with Steven May.

The redhead is proud to be a trailblazer for local talent and was only too keen to prolong his time with the Suns.

“Obviously I’m very excited to be staying at home on the Gold Coast,” Thompson said.

“I was born and bred here and looking forward knowing I’m going to be here for a few more years. I love the lifestyle here. I’m into my surfing, fishing, golf and all that sort of stuff out in the sun and I’m very excited where the club’s at as well. The future’s looking pretty bright up here and it was a good time to re-sign.

“We made some key signings in the trade period in Pearce Hanley, Jarryd Lyons and Jarrod Witts – they can all come in and play roles and have an immediate impact for us. As long as we keep a full team on the park and our younger players keep developing I don’t see why we can’t make the finals.

“I feel great and pretty honoured to have stayed here for as long as I have.”

Suns football manager Marcus Ashcroft said the club is thrilled to be able to extend Thompson’s contract.

“We are rapt that Rory has recommitted to the club until the end of 2019. It is evident that he is an important player for us going forward and as a Gold Coaster he is a player who junior footballers across the Coast can look up to and aim to follow in his footsteps.”

Just had a look at page 1 in contacts and counted 15 players out of contract in 2017. Interested in who GCS BF followers think might be in the list of players that might be in trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back