List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate backing over past trades and draft selections and non selections. You could make a case for every club at some point where they should have picked someone instead of the one they did. At the time we were desperate for a good player to commit long term. We had no confidence in retaining draft selections and weller showed all the signs of becoming an elite player.

Hate backing over past trades and draft selections and non selections. You could make a case for every club at some point where they should have picked someone instead of the one they did. At the time we were desperate for a good player to commit long term. We had no confidence in retaining draft selections and weller showed all the signs of becoming an elite player.
Exactly. Since then we really haven't had any young kids leave, we have a great club culture and a leadership group that wants to stay and create success.
Lynch and May leaving might of hurt at the time but in the long run it has done more good then realised.

Guys like touk, witts and swallow have been instrumental in the change of attitude i believe. True leaders who weren't just given the captain tag because they are good players.

From the outside it appears these guys have changed the culture. Weller trade signalled the club were trying to change but it's still a bad trade as Swallow, Witt's and Miller were the agents for change not a player that took big money, cost us an elite player (not his fault, the list management department made a trade it knew was historically bad in the moment) and then delivered at best average AFL performance on big dollars.

Good luck to him as he capitalised on the club's weakness at the time, to secure his future when no one else was prepared to come here. Smart move by him.

From the outside it appears these guys have changed the culture. Weller trade signalled the club were trying to change but it's still a bad trade as Swallow, Witt's and Miller were the agents for change not a player that took big money, cost us an elite player (not his fault, the list management department made a trade it knew was historically bad in the moment) and then delivered at best average AFL performance on big dollars.

Good luck to him as he capitalised on the club's weakness at the time, to secure his future when no one else was prepared to come here. Smart move by him.
Also the fact that we wanted to come ‘home’.

He obviously weighed up what was important to him.

Securing himself a good payday and play at home was important.

Keep in mind that Freo also haven’t played finals since he left so not like he has missed out in that regard - so far anyway.

Surprised we haven't had any Rankine news in the bye week, I can understand holding back on Luko if he has re-signed given he is still out injured but seemed like a good opportunity to provide some good news.

Surprised we haven't had any Rankine news in the bye week, I can understand holding back on Luko if he has re-signed given he is still out injured but seemed like a good opportunity to provide some good news.
Reckon it makes a heap of sense to announce it in the lead up to the Adelaide game. Double-barrelled too, both of them at the same time just to get a bit back at the SA teams for openly (and disrespectfully) targeting them as soon as they were drafted.

Reckon it makes a heap of sense to announce it in the lead up to the Adelaide game. Double-barrelled too, both of them at the same time just to get a bit back at the SA teams for openly (and disrespectfully) targeting them as soon as they were drafted.

One for Adeliade (Rankine)
And one for Port (Luko)

Screenshot_20220623-165358_One UI Home.jpg
Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow 4 years for Luko! One of, if not the biggest statement re-signings the club has ever made IMO. No more of this two years and see how things are in 18 months business.
Collins, Powell, Ballard, Miller, Swallow, Witts, Thompson, Budarick, Bowes did the same.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be opposed to a 3 or 4 year deal on a veterans minimum contract - like 150 - 200k a year

Even if he’s not able to contribute at AFL level he would be a great VFL player with a tonne of experience
I don't think that risk is necessary. Let's just take it year by year. I'm sure Levi is happy with that.

I kinda get the sense from Levi that he is unsure whether he will play on.
Not based on much, but I saw earlier in the year him saying he would chat with his wife and work out what's best with for him and his family.

He is driving from Pottsville to Metricon every day?
90 mins in the car each day plus would have spent many weekend away from home, probably not used to that from Melbourne.

If Kingy is back and firing, I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to hang the boots up.

In saying that, if he could recruit Liam Jones to the club, he might want to play one extra year with his former team mate.

I kinda get the sense from Levi that he is unsure whether he will play on.
Not based on much, but I saw earlier in the year him saying he would chat with his wife and work out what's best with for him and his family.

He is driving from Pottsville to Metricon every day?
90 mins in the car each day plus would have spent many weekend away from home, probably not used to that from Melbourne.

If Kingy is back and firing, I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to hang the boots up.

In saying that, if he could recruit Liam Jones to the club, he might want to play one extra year with his former team mate.
Levi wants to continue playing with Suns. The club and Levi will talk at the end of season, one year proposition. According to Herald interview 1-2 months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back