List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

With trading and what not it could be true. I'd say closer to the 10 mark!

ok - here is a quick 14 ...

1 krakoer
2 moss
3 fraser
4 jolly
5 flanagan
6 toy
7 hutch [injuries]
8 nicholls [lack of opportunities]
9 horsley [isn't he supoosed to be out of favour]
10 isles [out of favor for whatever reason]
11 magin
12 weller [rumour he wants out .. ]
13 caddy [hope not !!]
14 brennan [traded ??]

ok - here is a quick 14 ...

1 krakoer
2 moss
3 fraser
4 jolly
5 flanagan
6 toy
7 hutch [injuries]
8 nicholls [lack of opportunities]
9 horsley [isn't he supoosed to be out of favour]
10 isles [out of favor for whatever reason]
11 magin
12 weller [rumour he wants out .. ]
13 caddy [hope not !!]
14 brennan [traded ??]

All I guess are distinct possibilities, and you could easily throw in another half dozen more if you include rumours and speculation!

Was told the other day between 10 and 14 players to go and there are some surprises amongst them (whatever that means) !! LOL I think everyone has a friend of a friend in the know. I suppose time will tell..
Where did you get that from? These are the official rules the Gold Coast have to abide by:

2011 - 48 senior list, nine rookies with $1m TPP extra allowance
2012 - 46 senior list, nine rookies with $800k TPP extra allowance
2013 - 42 senior list, nine rookies with $600k TPP extra allowance
2014 - 40 senior list, nine rookies with $400k TPP extra allowance
2015 - 38 senior list, nine rookies in line with other AFL clubs

Now lets look at what happened at the end of 2011 (47 senior players and 5 rookies) -

Retirements: Daniel Harris, Rex Liddy
Delisted players from senior list: Nathan Ablett, Michael Coad, Joseph Daye, Mark Lock and Jack Stanlake.
Delisted players from rookie list: Roland Ah Chee, Jack Crawford, Jack Stanley and Joel Tippett.
Acquired in the trade: Matthew Warnock
Acquired in the mini-draft: Jaeger O'Meara
Drafted: Henry Schade, Alik Magin, Alex Sexton and Jackson Allen.
Pre-Season drafted: Aaron Hall.
Rookie Drafted: Kyal Horsley, Andrew McQualter, Michael Coad and Josh Hall.
Current List: (46 senior players and 4 rookies)

Now there needs to be at least 7 players delisted given the list needs to be shaved of 4 players and 3 draftees added (minimum requirement). Given Nathan Krakouer's retirement and Jaeger O'Meara's promotion they cancel each other out. I'm not convinced the Suns would want anymore than 3 draftees this year so I would lean towards them only delisting 7 players. Josh Fraser being delisted/retiring is a pretty safe bet and on the back of the Bulletin today it had an article about Jared Brennan being delisted/traded as well so I guess that is two places that should be given up at the end of this season. Side note: Jared Brennan's contract is rumoured to be worth around 700k per season so perhaps they really are gearing up for a proper crack at Tippett? If a deal was done for Tippett I think a Gold Coast player would be traded along with a pick so that shouldn't make a difference to the list numbers. This is who I predict to be delisted/traded/retire:

1. Josh Fraser (retired)
2. Jared Brennan (delisted/traded)
3. Josh Caddy (traded)
4. Josh Toy (traded)
5. Sam Isles (delisted)
6. Jack Hutchins (delisted)
7. Lewis Moss (delisted)
8. Hayden Jolly (delisted)
9.Tom Nicholls (delisted)

I added two extra player in case they get another player through the Caddy/Toy trade or if one of the rookies are promoted on to the senior list. I think the Suns will get off relatively light with this years delistings and won't have to cut any of their important young guys besides Caddy (they will be compensated with the trade).

I have updated Charlie's new extension on the first page after the good news this morning. He, along with Gary Ablett, now hold the longest contracts at the club (until the end of 2015). It's a pretty exciting story given he was literally one of the first three players ever signed by the Suns. He has been a part of the club for 4 and a half years now and has signed on for another 3 so you cannot fault the mans commitment. In the paper today it stated Charlie was offered a three year deal by the Hawks worth $1 million and also stated he wants to be a one club man. Exciting news on the back of the Gold Coast's best win to date.

Heard on the news tonight that both Liam Patrick and Kyal Horsley are poised to sign two year extensions. Both have been good this year so you'd have to be pleased about this news if you were a Suns fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The contract status will be updated once the final squad for 2013 is revealed. Just for future reference - Tom Murphy has been signed to a two year deal starting 2013. With Clay Cameron officially becoming one of the Suns draft picks two minimum remain for the Suns. That now means that with Krakouer and Fraser and Caddy coming off the list plus Murphy and O'Meara coming on to the list six players still need to be traded/delisted.

With Weller's alleged signing coming shortly you would have to think Moss, Iles, Gilbee, Nicholls, Hutchins, Jolly and Flanagan are all good chances of being delisted. Would anyone be terribly disappointed if six of those seven I just listed got delisted?

Did you include Horsley being upgraded from the rookie list to the senior list?

And don't forget Ashcroft is still hinting we may be in the market for 1 more experienced player this trades period...

Tough times for the Suns list management.

Did you include Horsley being upgraded from the rookie list to the senior list?

And don't forget Ashcroft is still hinting we may be in the market for 1 more experienced player this trades period...

Tough times for the Suns list management.

I did not. That makes it seven players needing to be cut. I guess we'll see if their chasing of another experience player comes to fruition but at the moment it is still seven players.

For me it will be Moss, Magin, Flanagan, Gillbee, Toy (possibly traded), Iles, Jolly (traded/delisted)...

Wilkinson gone if Toy stays.

Nicholls to stay now Hickey is going.

The club may aswell try to bundle some of these guys into interest free, free delivery package deals!

For me it will be Moss, Magin, Flanagan, Gillbee, Toy (possibly traded), Iles, Jolly (traded/delisted)...

Wilkinson gone if Toy stays.

Nicholls to stay now Hickey is going.

The club may aswell try to bundle some of these guys into interest free, free delivery package deals!

Gillbee was given a 1 year contract for 2013. Very Interesting!!!!!!!!

The contract status will be updated once the final squad for 2013 is revealed. Just for future reference - Tom Murphy has been signed to a two year deal starting 2013. With Clay Cameron officially becoming one of the Suns draft picks two minimum remain for the Suns. That now means that with Krakouer and Fraser and Caddy coming off the list plus Murphy and O'Meara coming on to the list six players still need to be traded/delisted.

With Weller's alleged signing coming shortly you would have to think Moss, Iles, Gilbee, Nicholls, Hutchins, Jolly and Flanagan are all good chances of being delisted. Would anyone be terribly disappointed if six of those seven I just listed got delisted?

Would be disappointed if Nicholls and Gilbee were delisted. Both have long arms and I like players with long arms.

Gillbee was given a 1 year contract for 2013. Very Interesting!!!!!!!!

Ahhh didn't realise that. Scrap Gillbee then, very unlikely the club will delist/pay him out a year early.

Maybe Patrick could be in the firing line. I ran into him at the Gold Coast Show last month and he said he was playing next season, but that could have just been him hoping.

The guys got an amazing X-faxctor, but obviously consistency and the defensive side of his game is the issue. Patrick will be 25 by the start of next season, so I guess should be showing a hell of a lot more now than he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back