Current injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

"Problem persisted for a number of weeks"

Which is code for, he did it late last year and we are only acting on it now.

"The finger continually displaces"

We just seem to be clueless with injuries.
Love to hear the thinking behind allowing it to persist for weeks, a finger continually displacing isn't normal.

No surgery is without risk so it'll always be the last option. Not sure why it's an issue that less intrusive options are trialled first.

Maybe deciding to do it due to injury status of others and being able to cover it ???

Nah, doubt that'd even be a consideration.

"Look we made a Grand Final without our best 22 so we don't see why we should change that tactic for 2019"

JK. We'll def. miss Taylor in the Rd 2 match but would prefer he's fit and fighting for Rd 22 to be honest.

Given that Tay can keep up aerobic fitness during recovery, missing the first two rounds is not an apocalyptic scenario.

If JDG and Howe are right we're really only looking at Tay and WHE missing (not confident Dunn will be ready by Round 1).

“Finger continually displaces” sounds like a Boutonnière deformity. If I were him I’d want surgery too. Tendon surgery would also explain the longer timeline than for a fracture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish. Surgery is 99% successful. This isn’t 1890.
Surgery can be successful, people are not dying on the table or getting septicaemia, that’s true these days, but equally it’s not a magic pudding.

Back surgery doesn’t mean your back
Is ever perfect. Knees surgery same.

Finger surgery doesn’t mean the hand is good as gold fresh and perfect.
Surgery can assist and can overcome difficulties but it doesn’t mean it’s the first and best solution.

I have a feeling our surgeons on these boards will have a better idea of these matters.

We do have lots of mids to cover him. who would you put in? Shame he will miss the first GF re-match and Richmond game. But we play both again, so we can come back in force.

I think you could go a few ways.

With JDG now appearing to be a probable not possible maybe you select another fwd then throw JDG through the midfield. Alternatively if it’s a straight up replacement then Wills seems the obvious candidate to me. You could even put Aish through the middle and give IQ a run.

IMO, injuries to mids at this time of year, whilst not ideal, are opportunities for others to press their case rather than issues to be concerned with. Until we reach critical mass of course!

“Finger continually displaces” sounds like a Boutonnière deformity. If I were him I’d want surgery too. Tendon surgery would also explain the longer timeline than for a fracture.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boutonniere_deformity#Treatment
Usually treated with a splint placing the proximal interphalangeal joint in extension for 4–6 weeks. Occasionally surgery is needed when splinting is unsuccessful.
Sounds about right to me

Rubbish. Surgery is 99% successful. This isn’t 1890.

Hmmmmmm. The irony seems lost on you, irrespective of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back