Current injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

That smug DH Ralphy reported Pendles' injury to be 'up to 6 weeks'.

He could barely hide his s**t-eating grin.

Hope it's a lot less than that. Fortunately Adams coming back in sort of covers him.

We have not for Many Years. Can't Remember the last season we had a Good Run of Injuries
It's almost always the same injuries to the same players year after year. Pendlebury - 'finger', Moore - 'hamstring' are longer term injuries we have seen before from these guys. Maybe Pendlebury has osteoporosis? ;) What happens when we can longer field a VFL team because everyone left is best 22

It's almost always the same injuries to the same players year after year. Pendlebury - 'finger', Moore - 'hamstring' are longer term injuries we have seen before from these guys. Maybe Pendlebury has osteoporosis? ;) What happens when we can longer field a VFL team because everyone left is best 22

And in the decades before there was also another Moore hamstring - the old man.

You just wouldn't be surprised if Pendles' injury was multiple (say 6) weeks, but I seem to recall there being a lot of hysteria last time about the size of the screw put into his finger, not being able to get it wet (by water or by sweat), etc.

None of that this time, just all of a sudden "has had surgery". I would assume or hope that means it is indeed "minor" as The Age put it.

I believe we have just discovered that a Collingwood player can now miss a game through injury even when they're not injured enough to be on the injury list.

That quote was from earlier in the season regarding Moore.

So what else have we learned about Collingwood and injury outside of the above in 2019?

1. We still get plenty of them.
2. The players rarely comeback ahead of schedule.
3. On the occasion they appear likely to return early they end up being out even longer than first forecast.
4. You can become listed as indefinite on the injury list with a different aliment to the one that first sidelined you for months.

Honestly it's gotten to the point where you just have to admit it's piss funny now rather than let it depress you.

We simply can't catch a break unless it's to the Captains finger.

Motherpusbucket!

Pendlebury Moore Langdon Stephenson Howe Beams Varcoe Wells Reid Dunn Lynch Murphy Kelly Murray

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong has had 0 injuries. And they train on the best surface in Australia. Make of that what you will.
But Eddie promised us the best

Pendles a test. Well I'll be.
Wouldn’t be the first player on the list to be down as test and not be available for another 6 weeks. While it might not be bullshit I will take anything the club puts out with a grain of salt.

What the he'll has happened to Murphy? Has he been declared dead for tax purposes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back