Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
1550745711467.png
rey

WHE is a concern seems like a player who needs the full preseason to be at his very best.

Just give me 1 game with DeGoey, Cox, Elliot, WHE and Stephenson all in the forward line.

ToonAussie

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
mount eliza
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NUFC: f'stonblues: DukeMBB:Warriors
I'll second that BEEG.
And let's make it the GF!

I like Brodie M in that group as well with help from the rotating mids
- poor JT so easily forgotten.

Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Injuries early in the season can be a bit of a blessing in a way. Players come back mid season fresh and ready for the finals. We have enough depth to carry this. As long as we are cherry ripe come end of season that’s all that matters

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not sweating on WHE too much. If Mayne can get over the yips he has in front of goals I think he can play a similar role to WHE.

I'm not sweating on WHE too much. If Mayne can get over the yips he has in front of goals I think he can play a similar role to WHE.

Elliott can play his role without having to move Mayne from the wing.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood

Mayne and WHE are total opposites in role, style and skillsets. Mayne is a lowly skilled tackling machine. Hoskin Elliot is a highly skilled player who once tried to tackle his shadow but got scared of it and pulled out.

I agree we can cover him and Maynes on the list to do that, but they are not similar players.

If that's the case then Mayne's spot is in jeopardy. IMO
I think it's the logical way to go because of their endurance.

I do wonder about their height though & whether that will be exploited by other teams.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ramdom thought.

Pre-season training going to well....

Hmmmm

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Back