Current injury list

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Murphy listed as having a crook back? Thought the ankle was the ongoing issue?

Was changed to back a couple of weeks ago. Seems the growth spurt has finally caught up with him.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
What's the go with Beams?

Has he been sighted hobbling around the Holden Centre by anyone?

How about his social media presence?

Given he is a high profile player and returned to the club with much fanfare little information has been forthcoming on him in the month since his surgery.

Given he is a high profile player and returned to the club with much fanfare little information has been forthcoming on him in the month since his surgery.
probably mostly in the gym/rehab. How long does it take that you can start running after this hip surgery?

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders

He largely disappeared from social media about two months ago...

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood

Prob just gone off in the back ground concentrating on rehab and mentally freshening up. He pretty much said he's unlikely for finals return in a radio interview after he did this interview below.

“Time frames are time frames; some people heal quicker; sometimes it can take longer, so I really haven’t thought too much about trying to get back for finals.
“I’m going to be doing everything I can in my rehab to make sure my hip is good to go.

“At the end of the day, I’m contracted for another three years as well so you’ve got to look long term and post footy as well, I’ve got two young children that I want to move around with and play with. We made the call that this will be best for me.”

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
If you could go back in time Wells Mayne Beams money could have bought us a flag, they represent at least 20% of our salary cap

Can't fault our trading thanks to Hine but throwing all that money at cake icing when we don't have enough quality key positions and speed has been criminally incompetent! there was a dynasty in the offing if you got those 3 trades right... injuries have taken care of the rest

_47654521_buemi.jpg

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
Prob just gone off in the back ground concentrating on rehab and mentally freshening up. He pretty much said he's unlikely for finals return in a radio interview after he did this interview below.

Thanks.

The article is still nearly a month old.

His mindset appears chalk and cheese to the one Treloar had last year in his aggressive desire to get back for finals.

Thanks.

The article is still nearly a month old.

His mindset appears chalk and cheese to the one Treloar had last year in his aggressive desire to get back for finals.
He's forgotten what finals is like -- hasn't been in it since 2012. I suppose he is concentrating on rehab and do everything he can to get this right, and if he can heal enough for finals, then he'll do that; but if not, then he'll concentrate on pre-season.

Does that logic work? Weren't we missing a heap of "best 22" players last year which then allowed others to stake claims within that group? Shouldn't others who were unavailable last year (Wells, Reid, Beams) also earn consideration? I appreciate you're focusing on the unavailable group but shouldn't Dunny still merit inclusion given he was clearly best 22 when he did his knee the 1st time?
Have Roughy and Moore gone past Dunn? Pretty close call between Dunn and Roughhead.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you could go back in time Wells Mayne Beams money could have bought us a flag, they represent at least 20% of our salary cap

Can't fault our trading thanks to Hine but throwing all that money at cake icing when we don't have enough quality key positions and speed has been criminally incompetent! there was a dynasty in the offing if you got those 3 trades right... injuries have taken care of the rest

View attachment 702174

Hang on, Dunn, Reid, Murray, Wells - key positions and/or speedthat we’re missing.

Criminal? I think not.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
To all those banging on about how we shouldn’t have recruited certain injury prone players and how we know they’re fragile and shouldn’t play the,, is it time to write off Adams, Langdon and Howe? After all, you’re gonna look good in hindsight if you’re right!

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have Roughy and Moore gone past Dunn? Pretty close call between Dunn and Roughhead.

Dunny the quicker and more offensive of the 2, and the better 1v1 contested player for mine. He'd get the nod if available and still able to deliver what he offered pre-knee. it would also allow Moore to return forward.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
That would be where you are putting the most extreme forces on your body and if all your training has been done on a piece of carpet over a concrete slab, then that's where and when I'd expect most of them to occur... and yes Stevo pulled a gambly kicking that huge torp

Isn't it the same for most clubs where the majority of injuries occur in-game? Is every training ground at fault?

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Haven't most of the injuries to senior 22 players occurred in game on the G? Reid at Marvel, Aish at training?, Stevo at the TAB the exception.
Isn't it the same for most clubs where the majority of injuries occur in-game? Is every training ground at fault?
Is every club on a 9 year 'unlucky streak'?

Is every club on a 9 year 'unlucky streak'?
You might be right; however, I don't understand your certainty. It seems to me we have a few blokes who are very injury prone or at the end of their careers physically - Reid, Elliott, Shaz, Dunn, Wells, Moore. They've been the majority of our injury list for the last 2 years.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
You might be right; however, I don't understand your certainty. It seems to me we have a few blokes who are very injury prone or at the end of their careers physically - Reid, Elliott, Shaz, Dunn, Wells, Moore. They've been the majority of our injury list for the last 2 years.
After 9 years you don't look for excuses, you look for reasons

After 9 years you don't look for excuses, you look for reasons

Agree with that. But the reasons could be: training ground, training methods, a group of injury prone players, Jason Donavon, bad luck, etc... I don't understand why you're so sure that it's the training ground.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Agree with that. But the reasons could be: training ground, training methods, a group of injury prone players, Jason Donavon, bad luck, etc... I don't understand why you're so sure that it's the training ground.
I wasn't, the players were

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wasn't, the players were

From memory there was 1 season where there were some rumblings from the player group that the ground was too hard. That those rumblings have ceased suggests that the issue has been resolved or at least mitigated. New surface will always take time to settle but it seems good to walk across.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
From memory there was 1 season where there were some rumblings from the player group that the ground was too hard. That those rumblings have ceased suggests that the issue has been resolved or at least mitigated. New surface will always take time to settle but it seems good to walk across.
uh huh, 9 years

Back