Current injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

It's clear to me that he can play this week, but they are being cautious because they want him for finals. Hence the statement, "make him bulletproof for finals". They are already thinking about finals but there are still two games to go. You can't make any player bulletproof. Get him out there on the park if he can play. Remember, they said hamstring awareness and only one week.
I reckon that they were building him up last week to be right for either last week or this week (probably this week) but that at training last Thursday he could still feel the issue and they've had to back off again. Hence, the need for the further scan and why we are not going to see him until finals at least.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Training on a concrete tank with half a metre of soil on top, if only we could identify the problem

Nice story but they had to be deep enough to go under the Yarra, something like 60m, when they drilled those tunnels didn't they? Isn't the playing surface still sitting on exactly the same bedrock that was there before they drilled?

Last edited:

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Nice story but they had to be deep enough to go under the Yarra, something like 60m, when they drilled those tunnels didn't they? Isn't the playing surface still sitting on exactly the same bedrock that was there before they drilled?
Bedrock now, just how old is this site?

250px-Bedrock_skyline_season1.jpg

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Would you and the people who liked your comment like to enlighten me?

Not sure it was called for, but it was pretty clear to me. I feel like it’s not a good look to be voicing disapproval of people taking these discussions across multiple threads in the “get rid of the medical staff thread” and then having this discussion in here...

Seedsman_

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United
Playing someone after an injury layoff increases their weekly workload. The problem we have is that the intensity of finals football is significantly higher than the home and away season. “Bulletproofing” would require a sustained period in match level intensity. I agree with some others that it was a fluff piece. Hope I’m wrong and he kicks 20 goals in the way to a norm smith and premiership medal.

Some people here honestly whinge like children.

Nah. I think we have to the right to be peed off. Good example is Zorko from the Lions. Does a hammy, but manages to play the next week without rest. Our hammies turn into month stints on the sidelines. It's beyond a joke. We are the only club to constantly have hamstring issues.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would you and the people who liked your comment like to enlighten me?

Easy explanation........you come into the injury thread and constantly complain about people complaining about our injuries.

Why come into this thread if it annoys you so much?

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Easy explanation........you come into the injury thread and constantly complain about people complaining about our injuries.

Why come into this thread if it annoys you so much?

Because I like getting an update on player injuries. Thought that would be pretty self-evident.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Because I like getting an update on player injuries. Thought that would be pretty self-evident.

Updates from who?

If it is the Club you’re wasting your time.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nah. I think we have to the right to be peed off. Good example is Zorko from the Lions. Does a hammy, but manages to play the next week without rest. Our hammies turn into month stints on the sidelines. It's beyond a joke. We are the only club to constantly have hamstring issues.

I think you'll just find Zorko is soft and either got a cramp or a corkie and just assumed the worst.

Dangerfield-like occurrence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll just find Zorko is soft and either got a cramp or a corkie and just assumed the worst.

Dangerfield-like occurrence.
He was interviewed & explained that he has never experienced a soft tissue injury previously.
Hence a pre cautionary scan, no damage.
You’re probably on the money re cramp.

Get Gaffed

Senior List
Aug 11, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did any one see what happened with daicos ??

Generally when a player I have an interest in or a player that's only played a handful of games breaks into the seniors I'll watch the replay and focus on them and will rewind a number of the plays they're involved in.

He was involved in the Play towards the end of the quarter and seemed fine and there was no hit in that play, he wasn't seen again after this however and the last few mins played out and the siren went. He then started the fourth qtr taking out his GPS and putting on the jacket. I didn't see him trying to come back on or him taking his jumper off in the 3rd qtr like was mentioned in the presser, he still had the jumper on when he took his GPS off beginning of the 4th. There also was no 20min timer or anything, was on one min and off the other so when did he get the test ?

In the match reports it has that he came back on in a few articles, so someone gets a headknock and you let him back on then decide to bring him off to give him the concussion test which he failed ??
Also as stated I watched all his contests numerous times and didn't see any head clash/knock which suggests it was obviously an off the ball incident so with him being concused where's the MRP sanction for this. I seen after the game a few players pointing to a mark under his eye from what I could tell. Anyone with any clarification regarding this, don't think it's some major conspiracy or anything just seems a little strange.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
He didn't do a hammy....that's what makes this thread so funny, the stuff people like you just make up and try and pass off as something factual

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did any one see what happened with daicos ??

Generally when a player I have an interest in or a player that's only played a handful of games breaks into the seniors I'll watch the replay and focus on them and will rewind a number of the plays they're involved in.

He was involved in the Play towards the end of the quarter and seemed fine and there was no hit in that play, he wasn't seen again after this however and the last few mins played out and the siren went. He then started the fourth qtr taking out his GPS and putting on the jacket. I didn't see him trying to come back on or him taking his jumper off in the 3rd qtr like was mentioned in the presser, he still had the jumper on when he took his GPS off beginning of the 4th. There also was no 20min timer or anything, was on one min and off the other so when did he get the test ?

In the match reports it has that he came back on in a few articles, so someone gets a headknock and you let him back on then decide to bring him off to give him the concussion test which he failed ??
Also as stated I watched all his contests numerous times and didn't see any head clash/knock which suggests it was obviously an off the ball incident so with him being concused where's the MRP sanction for this. I seen after the game a few players pointing to a mark under his eye from what I could tell. Anyone with any clarification regarding this, don't think it's some major conspiracy or anything just seems a little strange.
Interesting, 2 weeks ago he pretty much sat out the second half in a game but played the following week, strange

Playing someone after an injury layoff increases their weekly workload. The problem we have is that the intensity of finals football is significantly higher than the home and away season. “Bulletproofing” would require a sustained period in match level intensity. I agree with some others that it was a fluff piece. Hope I’m wrong and he kicks 20 goals in the way to a norm smith and premiership medal.
Let’s not pretend we can “bulletproof” anybody.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Let’s not pretend we can “bulletproof” anybody.

Now I'm listening to Sia and David Guetta thanks to you lot. Maybe he is titaaaaanniiiiiiiummmmmmmmmmmm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back