Current injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

My heart always skips a beat when I see the club tweet the injury report.

Doubt we'll see Kelly or Quaynor again. And Reid must be pretty doubtful also?

So as far as the "not written off list" goes

Test
Moore - think he plays AFL this weekend
Sier - VFL
Wells - VFL

Unavailable
Aish - week 1 finals?
DeGoey - week 1 finals?

The 4 indefinites are all huge but... you'd have to say it's probably not actually as bad as last year now?

My heart always skips a beat when I see the club tweet the injury report.

Doubt we'll see Kelly or Quaynor again. And Reid must be pretty doubtful also?

So as far as the "not written off list" goes

Test
Moore - think he plays AFL this weekend
Sier - VFL
Wells - VFL

Unavailable
Aish - week 1 finals?
DeGoey - week 1 finals?

The 4 indefinites are all huge but... you'd have to say it's probably not actually as bad as last year now?
Going through the finals with both Moore and Roughead are huge. Honestly not the worst squad in the world once Stepho and JDG are back in the first week of finals, even if Aish doesn't make it back.

Going through the finals with both Moore and Roughead are huge. Honestly not the worst squad in the world once Stepho and JDG are back in the first week of finals, even if Aish doesn't make it back.

Agree. At this stage - on very limited sample size - I'm happy to back in Noble to hold down Aish's spot until he's ready to come back. Once Aish is ready it's up to him to take the spot from him.

Completely different players but I'm not sure both can or will play in the same side.

It's turned into a bit of a blessing in disguise really, the whole Stepho scandal and De Goey carrying an injury.

Obviously, you'd prefer to have them out there but I don't think Jamie would have found the form he has competing with those two for deliveries. The notion of having Jamie, De Goey and Stepho to deliver it to in the forward line makes me salivate and I think we will be better for it down the track...

De Goey's hamstring a concern. Considering it was a 1-2 weeker at worst initially.

Hopefully he's right come Finals/week 1.

The pre finals bye will be a bit of a blessing for us. Even so, I'm like you, worried it's worse than first reported. The secondary scan last week and training reports on him weren't great. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if we didn't see him again this year.

It's turned into a bit of a blessing in disguise really, the whole Stepho scandal and De Goey carrying an injury.

Obviously, you'd prefer to have them out there but I don't think Jamie would have found the form he has competing with those two for deliveries. The notion of having Jamie, De Goey and Stepho to deliver it to in the forward line makes me salivate and I think we will be better for it down the track...
I’d rather we were blessed with a double chance and home final.

I’d rather we were blessed with a double chance and home final.
As I mentioned, you'd prefer to have them, just pointing out the silver lining.

With the shocking form we were in post-bye I'm not sure Stepho or De Goey would have won us any extra games. The only real close one we lost was Hawthorn and De Goey played. You could maybe make the argument we are a goal better team with Stepho but it usually isn't that simple, can't see either of them saving us from GWS or North.

I'd prefer to have Elliot hitting some redhot form and De Goey + Stepho coming back in week 1 of the finals, rather than still being in the same position we are now but with Elliot continuing his slump and De Goey and Stepho doing De Goey and Stepho things.

View attachment 730067

I think if Jamie's form holds, then when Stepho and Jordy come back, Jordy should play full time midfield (resting forward). Assuming Wells, Aish and Moore are also available for finals, I don't mind the look of this:

Greenwood, Roughead, Maynard
Scharenberg, Howe, Crisp

Sidebottom, De Goey, Phillips
Grundy, Treloar, Adams

Wells, Moore, Pendlebury
Stephenson, Mihocek, Eliott

Int: Varcoe, Brown, Hoskin-Elliott, Wills

Emergencies from: Mayne, Madgen, Thomas, Noble, Aish

Last edited:
I think if Jamie's form holds, then when Stepho and Jordy come back, Jordy should play full time midfield (resting forward). Assuming Wells, Aish and Moore are also available for finals, I don't mind the look of this:

Greenwood, Roughead, Maynard
Scharenberg, Howe, Crisp

Sidebottom, De Goey, Phillips
Grundy, Treloar, Adams

Wells, Moore, Pendlebury
Stephenson, Mihocek, Eliott

Int: Varcoe, Brown, Hoskin-Elliott, Wills

Emergencies from: Mayne, Madgen, Thomas, Noble, Aish
I know forums are made for people to disagree, but i dont see much wrong with that.
I like Mayne, but his field kicking is turn over after turn over. We simply cannot play him if we are fair dinkum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Grimes almost carried off the ground yesterday I can’t believe he could play this week. They obviously jabbed him up so mustn’t have believed he could make it worse by going back out. If that was a Collingwood player they would’ve been warming up the hearse under the G.

I know forums are made for people to disagree, but i dont see much wrong with that.
I like Mayne, but his field kicking is turn over after turn over. We simply cannot play him if we are fair dinkum

Was a revelation late last year and I really like the bloke, but he just isn't playing at the same level right now.

He did a few brilliant tagging jobs earlier in the season - absolutely killed Hawthorn's Henderson for example. I could see him in the side for that type of role, but that isn't how he is being used right now. I think there are better options to play in the utility role he is playing now (WHE for example).

Was a revelation late last year and I really like the bloke, but he just isn't playing at the same level right now.

He did a few brilliant tagging jobs earlier in the season - absolutely killed Hawthorn's Henderson for example. I could see him in the side for that type of role, but that isn't how he is being used right now. I think there are better options to play in the utility role he is playing now (WHE for example).
He's been asked to do a bit more of late and he's really just a good winger and not much else now

Watching Grimes almost carried off the ground yesterday I can’t believe he could play this week. They obviously jabbed him up so mustn’t have believed he could make it worse by going back out. If that was a Collingwood player they would’ve been warming up the hearse under the G.

On the plus side (for us) he's surely a chance to miss this week. It'd be very tempting for Richmond to rest him ahead of the finals given the pre-finals bye.

Which would really open the door for Hipwood in particular.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back