Funkz

Draftee
Sep 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Evening all,

looked around without much luck

Would anyone know where I can look for a list of current left foot players or reel a few off to assist

cheers

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Back in the day, Australia used to beat you in schools for using your left.

We should have maintained this rule. Up there with Red Heads IMO. Just plain wrong.

Jim Prideaux

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
ColoradoAvalancheLiverpoolFCGrenobl
Back in the day, Australia used to beat you in schools for using your left.

We should have maintained this rule. Up there with Red Heads IMO. Just plain wrong.
Ha ha. Funnily enough my Grandfather stepped in and told my uncles teacher he could expect similar treatment if he continued doing it to his ambidextrous son. The ability to bowl spin off either side of his body was a welcome side effect of this intervention.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Just think of players who are accurate and long kicks. They'll most likely be left footers

Q1. Can you kick a 60m bullet on your preferred foot?
Q2. Can you kick better than a 25m mung floater on your non-preferred foot?

If you answered yes then no, congratulations you are a left footer.

Inside Bull

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
Feb 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Just think of players who are accurate and long kicks. They'll most likely be left footers
They do have that reputation but our best two kicks (Jetta and Hurn) are right foot dominant

But yes, there are several lethal left footers such as Buddy, Suckling, Daniel Rich, Isaac Smith

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Q1. Can you kick a 60m bullet on your preferred foot?
Q2. Can you kick better than a 25m mung floater on your non-preferred foot?

If you answered yes then no, congratulations you are a left footer.
I wonder why that is. I'm more precise on my right foot even tho I'm a left footer.

I think left footers realise they don't need a right foot because their left is so good. Right footers wish they could kick with their left because left footers are so much better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Agree with Mike, Jason Akermanis a right footer with a great left leg particularly over distance. Short distance accuracy say up to 35-40 meters off both feet you can't beat Sam Mitchell another right footer.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Sam Mitchell and Simon Black. Two of the best kicks on their non preferred. Both left footers. And before you say Mitchell was a right footer, don't, because he's a left footer who was forced to kick on his right.

Two blokes who weren't quick or particularly long kicks. Both honed their craft within their limits. Meanwhile some players can kick 60 off a step but can't execute a handball on their opposite hand.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree with Mike, Jason Akermanis a right footer with a great left leg particularly over distance. Short distance accuracy say up to 35-40 meters off both feet you can't beat Sam Mitchell another right footer.
Saying Sam Mitchell is a right footer is like saying Jason Akermanis is a left footer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back