Roast Current Media on NN

Remove this Banner Ad

kerrazy

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I mean honestly, what the flying * is going on with the media lately?? beating up on an injured (still not sure), unfit, young ruckman, who has been injured for the majority of his career. SO many football personalities roasting him on his lack of football nous and understanding of the game. Are these people professionals? Theyre killing a young players confidence by saying how poor he is on so many occasions. Have they forgotten how good he was in 2012? Was that pure luck? ******* pieces of s**t

/rant

NN is rumoured to be seeking a contract at the level of an elite player.

He is playing at the level of a modest player.

He isn't winning the ruck; he's not taking marks or kicking goals forward and it all looks like hard work...

Jack Watts has copped worse for years.

Nic is 24 next week. He injury issues are bordering on
Chronic at this point and he isn't close to delivering on his potential.

We've all been underwhelmed this year ...

Given how much positive press he's had, the naysayers were always going to take the opportunity to redress that ..

Welcome to life.

He's currently taking 50% of prior years ruck knocks; he's on a restricted training load, he can't jump much at practice, which is hurting his timing and he's at about 50% fitness due to his pre-season and running load limits ...

We all understand he's underdone but we need to understand there are no guarantees as to what his body will let him do going forwards ...

NN is rumoured to be seeking a contract at the level of an elite player.

He is playing at the level of a modest player.

He isn't winning the ruck; he's not taking marks or kicking goals forward and it all looks like hard work...

Jack Watts has copped worse for years.

Nic is 24 next week. He injury issues are bordering on
Chronic at this point and he isn't close to delivering on his potential.

We've all been underwhelmed this year ...

Given how much positive press he's had, the naysayers were always going to take the opportunity to redress that ..

Welcome to life.

He's currently taking 50% of prior years ruck knocks; he's on a restricted training load, he can't jump much at practice, which is hurting his timing and he's at about 50% fitness due to his pre-season and running load limits ...

We all understand he's underdone but we need to understand there are no guarantees as to what his body will let him do going forwards ...

I agree with all of this though I think there are ways (trigger clauses, back-loading) to let him earn the extra money, should he meet those demands/expectations the level of contracting he's requesting requires, as he potentially is going to be a dominant player, but I don't think the club should let themselves get burnt either.

Basically i say 'Get over it'

WCE and NN reap what they sow, and if you ask me the criticism is justified after so many years of being overhyped.

If he's "injured" or "carrying something" then he should GTFO, which is what we've all been saying since round 1. No point playing injured players.

Like E87 said, Watts has been scrutinized his entire career, NN should get used to it.

He deserves criticism for his performances over 2013/14, and we deserve criticism for our selections (playing him unfit, playing 3 rucks etc.).

The fact that some in the media have reverted back to 'he's an athlete playing footy, he doesn't know how to to play the game etc.' just demonstrates how poorly credentialed the footy media is.

He deserves criticism for his performances over 2013/14, and we deserve criticism for our selections (playing him unfit, playing 3 rucks etc.).

The fact that some in the media have reverted back to 'he's an athlete playing footy, he doesn't know how to to play the game etc.' just demonstrates how poorly credentialed the footy media is.
This is where the media is ill informed/emotive. He had/has op that failed to respond to rest last season hence surgery over christmas with a long road to recovery and full strength. He must now travel that road and nothing will hasten it. To expect different goes to the immaturity of many in the game.

tbh i dont think its the sort thing that will affect Nicnat mentally like it can do to other players, he'll be fine

This is where the media is ill informed/emotive. He had/has op that failed to respond to rest last season hence surgery over christmas with a long road to recovery and full strength. He must now travel that road and nothing will hasten it. To expect different goes to the immaturity of many in the game.

There are two schools of thought.

He's either a dud who never lived up to his athletic potential or he's a superstar who is not backing up past performances. Anyone arguing the former (cough Dermott cough) is just a moron and doesn't deserve the oxygen that fuels their opinion. Anyone arguing the latter is entitled to question what is going on. If he's fit, then he's not doing enough. If he's not fit, should he really be playing? If Naitanui was fully fit I doubt Sinclair or Lycett would be anywhere near the team. We're picking Naitanui to run him into fitness and form and picking two ruckmen. I don't think that is sustainable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not all media bashes him, this article just came up on my newsfeed and seemed pretty fair.

www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/west-coast-ruckman-nic-naitanui-sought-advice-from-australian-soccer-veteran-harry-kewell-for-chronic-groin-injury/story-e6frf3e3-1226898613920

*EDIT* my favourite quote is

Naitanui’s near $1 million a year price tag takes into account his massive marketing power that sells jumpers and dreadlocked-wigs and attracts fans like few other stars of the game can. Greater Western Sydney would pay him even more than West Coast to get their hands on the spectacular ruckman.

But he wants to commit to a lifetime deal in Perth.

The football media isn't worth anything at the best of times. Its shallow, fickle, poorly researched or deliberately inflammatory.

Which, oddly enough, matches the average football fan. We get what we deserve because there's no demand for improvement. The majority of the football media wouldn't get a gig in a merit based system, but we love the ex players opinions.

President of his fan club Gerard Healy was pretty reasonable on On The Couch tonight, questioning the current media "witch hunt".

It's as though sections of the media get a perverse enjoyment from his current performances and desperately want to be the one that called that he's past his best or will never make it at AFL level etc. Surprising given the level of masturbation he inspires when he plays well, and that he's in no way unlikeable on or off field. Unsurprising given the footy media consists of Tony Shaw, Dermott Brereton...

Afl has him rated number one Ruckman. Imagine the outcry if he was picked AA again lol

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Surprisingly one of the people that's been defending NN over the past few weeks is Luke Darcy, making rational statements to explain his current lack of form regarding injury. Perhaps we have misjudged him.

He is the hope of the Universe. He is the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. He is protector of the innocent. He is the light in the darkness. He is truth.

He is Luke Darcy.

jnaCNkF.jpg

Say that again?

Well one thing Darce did point out, was that it's not like NN just came from Fiji and started learning AFL last week...

He's been playing it since he was in school, and playing as a ruckman since he was in school. So he should 'technically' know where to position himself around the ground and where to run, as a ruckman should. Which so far, he has not really been doing in his career. Looks lost and tends to never call for it, even when he's in acres of space.

You have a fella who could be part of the elite. He's playing injured.

Why? Does Simpson think you're a shot at the title this year?
You have two capable back ups in Sinclair and Lycett.

Your marquis player should be on the pine until he's right.
They're doing him a disservice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back