Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
Re: West Coast player contract status

UPDATED.

Contracted until the end of 2010 (2):
Darren Glass – Signed a 3-year deal (2008, 2009, 2010) in May 2007.
Tyson Stenglein – Signed a 3-year deal (2008, 2009, 2010) in June 2007.

Contracted until the end of 2009 (10):
Mark Nicoski – Signed a 2-year deal (2008, 2009) in August 2007.
Andrew Embley – Signed a 3-year deal (2007, 2008, 2009) in March 2006.
Daniel Kerr – Signed a 3-year deal (2007, 2008, 2009) in March 2006.
Chad Fletcher – Signed a 3-year deal (2007, 2008, 2009) in March 2006.
Michael Braun – Signed a 3-year deal (2007, 2008, 2009) in June 2006.
Adam Hunter – Signed a 2-year extension (2008, 2009) in July 2007.
Matt Priddis – Signed a 2-year deal (2008, 2009) in July 2007.
Matthew Spanger – Offered a 2-year deal (2008, 2009) in July 2007.
Mark Seaby – Signed a 2-year (?) deal (2008, 2009) in September 2007.
Jaymie Graham – Signed a 2-year (?) deal (2008, 2009) in September 2007.
John Worsfold –Signed a 3-year deal (2007, 2008, 2009) in June 2006.

Contracted until the end of 2008 (18):
Dean Cox – Signed a 3-year deal (2006, 2007, 2008) in July 2005.
Beau Waters – Signed a 3-year deal (2006, 2007, 2008) in September 2005.
Sam Butler – Signed a 3-year deal (2006, 2007, 2008) in September 2005.
David Wirrpanda – Signed a 3-year deal (2006, 2007, 2008) in November 2005.
Matt Rosa – Signed a 2-year deal (2007, 2008) in July 2006.
Adam Selwood – Signed a 2-year deal (2007, 2008) in July 2006.
Brent Staker – Signed a 2-year deal (2007, 2008) in July 2006.
Ashley Hansen – Signed a 2-year deal (2007, 2008) in August 2006.
Quinten Lynch – Signed a 2-year deal (2007, 2008) in August 2006.
Mark LeCras – Signed a 2-year deal (2007, 2008) in September 2006.
Steven Armstrong – Signed a 2-year deal (2007, 2008) when elevated.
Brett Jones – It is believed he signed a 2-year contract (2007, 2008) during the 2006 season.
Shannon Hurn – Signed a 3-year deal (2006, 2007, 2008) when he was first drafted.
Mitchell Brown - Compulsary 2-year contract (2007, 2008) when drafted.
Will Schofield - Compulsary 2-year contract (2007, 2008) when drafted.
Eric Mackenzie - Compulsary 2-year contract (2007, 2008) when drafted.
Tim Houlihan - Compulsary 2-year contract (2007, 2008) when drafted.
James Thomson - Compulsary 2-year contract (2007, 2008) when drafted.

NEW CONTRACTS FOR 2008 (8):
Ben McKinley.
Jamie McNamara.
Chad Jones.
Josh Kennedy.
Chris Masten.
Brad Ebert.
Tony Notte.
Scott Selwood.

judd out of contract in 07, thats going to be an interesting time but i have no doubt that he will sign on. he could earn 1mill easily at the pies
And it is well known that Magpie fans have been lusting after Judd for some time; predicting that he is "certain" to join them once his current contract with the Eagles expires !

And it is well known that Magpie fans have been lusting after Judd for some time; predicting that he is "certain" to join them once his current contract with the Eagles expires !
Do you think he will sign on? IMO the only reason you put him captain was to keep him at the club (not trying to start anything here):thumbsu:

I thought the reason would have been because he is a superstar?

Superstar doesn't always mean good captain, but I think it was a bit of everything with Judd: loads of talent, sensible head on his shoulders, good with the media, and of course it made him that much more a part of the club.

judd out of contract in 07, thats going to be an interesting time but i have no doubt that he will sign on. he could earn 1mill easily at the pies

latest from http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,21020105-5007222,00.html

WEST Coast Eagles footballer Chris Judd and glamour girlfriend Rebecca Twigley are going their separate ways.
They have signed deals with rival Perth television stations. While Judd will head downhill at Dianella to Channel 9 for footy duties, Twigley has signed a deal that will take her up the road to Channel 7.

Twigley, 23, will initially present the weekend weather over summer, but Seven's director of news Shaun Menegola said this week he was looking at other projects for her.

Mr Menegola said he first noticed Twigley when she did a piece for Seven commentating on the Melbourne Cup fashion on the field.

Twigley said: "Shaun called me to do a piece on the Melbourne Cup coverage and then phoned again to ask if I wanted to be a guest weather reporter.

"I jumped at the chance. I did a couple of auditions and they must have gone all right.''

Twigley, who studies speech pathology at Curtin University, is on her summer break, but said she was keen to pursue a media career.

She said her modelling work had stood her in good stead for the new role.

And while boyfriend Judd will be a weekly guest presenter for Nine in the footy season, Twigley said he would change channels at the weekends.

"I think he will be watching Channel 7 at the weekends,'' she said. "He has also been giving me pointers.''

It is more than two years since Twigley wore "that dress'' to the Brownlow awards, and shot to national attention.

"People still talk to me about it,'' she said. ``I have worn other dresses since that red dress. I am a little bit over it.''

Mr Menegola said: "She is a very natural presenter and someone who can really grow into the role. There may be other things we can do to test her out and see what she can do.''

The last words Twigley will hear before she reads the weather is her mother, Kerry Brown, the weekend director's assistant, counting her in to the live feed with, "30 seconds, gorge.''

I don't really see why Judd would leave, considering he's on the board of a company over there, his Girlfriend's from there, he's the captain of a club, media commitments, blah. Sure he could earn 1mil at Collingwood but why would he want to? He doesn't particularly seem like a 'mercenary' type player and it could be quite detrimental to his career anyway. Why would you leave a club you're the captain of after you've just won a premiership and is a strong chance to win more for a club that looks like it'll be mediocre for a while longer?

I have updated again. I assume RoJo signed the 1-year deal he was offered and that Wooden's new contract was for 1 year. Bones has signed a new deal too, but I don't know for how long (probably 2 years).

If anyone has any updates, let me know.

I have updated again. I assume RoJo signed the 1-year deal he was offered and that Wooden's new contract was for 1 year. Bones has signed a new deal too, but I don't know for how long (probably 2 years).

If anyone has any updates, let me know.

Priddis signed a 2 year deal

Are you sure? I remember at the time that people were wondering why Armstrong received two years when upgraded, but Priddis only got one.

But, I can't find the article to back that up.
I thought the same thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we're opening up our salary cap... goodbye Lockyer, Lonie, Bucks, Wakes, Davis...

Do you think he will sign on? IMO the only reason you put him captain was to keep him at the club (not trying to start anything here):thumbsu:

Chris Judd was asked to be captain because Ben Cousins stood down. Not because he was sacked. Cuz said he wanted to stand down. The club didn't want him to, so they told him to go away and thing about it. He went back to the club 2 days later and insisted on giving it away.

This is fact.

Interesting list ...

With players who could potentially earn large pay rises at other clubs such as Glass, Judd, Nickoski, Seaby, Grayham, Sampi, Stenglein, Hurn and Priddis all out of contract maybe getting rid of Cousins could prove a blessing in disguise if it helps keep the above list of players together?

They'll all stay, its the same at all clubs

mmm, but you'd think players like Glass and Seaby whose stars have rose dramatically in the last year would be getting some large $ offers around the place, i for instance love Seaby, and i'd assume that WC wouldn't have that much salary cap wiggle room?

mmm, but you'd think players like Glass and Seaby whose stars have rose dramatically in the last year would be getting some large $ offers around the place, i for instance love Seaby, and i'd assume that WC wouldn't have that much salary cap wiggle room?

I read an article about Seabs a while ago and he stated that he wanted to play for WC only. He acknowledged that he could get more money elsewhere but he was happy staying at WC because he loved being around the club, or somehting to that effect.

I read an article about Seabs a while ago and he stated that he wanted to play for WC only. He acknowledged that he could get more money elsewhere but he was happy staying at WC because he loved being around the club, or somehting to that effect.

Good for him:thumbsu:

I suppose what i was wondering whether a Jeff White/Darren Jolly scenario might occur where an obviously talented second ruckman gets tired of playing in the superstar (in this case Cox's) shadow.

Mind you, he wouldn't be the first player to come out saying something like that and then leave.

I don't really see why Judd would leave, considering he's on the board of a company over there, his Girlfriend's from there, he's the captain of a club, media commitments, blah. Sure he could earn 1mil at Collingwood but why would he want to? He doesn't particularly seem like a 'mercenary' type player and it could be quite detrimental to his career anyway. Why would you leave a club you're the captain of after you've just won a premiership and is a strong chance to win more for a club that looks like it'll be mediocre for a while longer?

Exactly, he just captained a premiership. That is more than earning money

Remove this Banner Ad

Back