News Curtly Hampton retires

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-07-18/hampton-retires

In recent weeks, Hampton has also been diagnosed with vertigo and he said it was best for him to try and recover away from football.

“After eight years in the system and with multiple setbacks along the way, I’ve lost the passion, motivation and enjoyment for the game that you need perform at the highest level,” Hampton said.

“The past few weeks have been particularly hard as I try to deal with the symptoms of vertigo.

“At times, it has been difficult to train and play but it has also affected my life away from football.

“In saying that I am confident of making a full recovery but I feel it is best to do that away from the pressures of the AFL industry.

“This is a good opportunity to focus on the other priorities in my life and I look forward to the next chapter.”

Hope everything goes well for him in the future and he is not too traumatized next time be hears the Richmond song or boards a bus.

Pretty obvious he was the media leak.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It wasn't him. I know who it was and I won't say anything more, but it was not Curtly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume he would know by now that he wasn't going to be part of our plans next year and he has pulled the pin a little early.

A lot of talent and could have been a great player. All the best to him. That's another piece of the end of year puzzle in place..

He had a ton of promise, I was super excited when we got him, but he just couldn't get his body right. I remember he looked like a star in the 2016 (I think) pre-season playing inside when we also had Sloane out, then he got about 6 or so games in, got hurt and then just never recovered from there.

Hopefully he gets over whatever lingering physical issues he still has.

I was going to suggest that he might be suffering from depression, the Hawthorn match was bizarre compared to a pretty good return against the Eagles. He had also been playing quite well in the Twos.

Another of the numerous examples of young AFL players with plenty of skill that never reach their potential.

Good luck in your retirement Curtly.

I’ve had BPV and it’s incredibly debilitating.

It’s like being maggotted with the bed spins all day

Can fully understand this.

Tip though - find a physio that does the Epley Manouvre
Cured me in 24 hours !

Well done on having a crack and making the right decision at the right time
All the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back