News Curtly Hampton retires

Remove this Banner Ad

When Curtly was traded from GWS I was bloody excited that we finally drafted a fast running midfielder. Unfortunately he never reached the poetntial that I thought he had. Injuries and I guess other issues got in the way.

I hope that he leaves the club in a postive frame of mind and that the club helps him to recover. I wish him all the best.

The club has said that they will stick by him until he recovers.

An interesting side point - if Curtly has been suffering from vertigo why in heck was he selected to playing his last game or has he been keeping it quiet? This is not a bagging of CH but simply an observation that may raise questions about our long suspect selection team.

I'm sure he has good days and bad days, so you wouldn't expect him to write himself out of contention.

That being said, surely if he was struggling that badly on the day, he would know in the warmup. Isn't that what we have emergencies for?

Maybe he just felt like he needed to test for himself whether he could push through it or not.

Just watched the interview, sounds like he seems to be suffering from depression.

Going from what he said that he decided early in the season that he wanted to retire. Rumours have been there all season of his unhappiness at the club, I am just hoping that next phase of his life is a happy and less anxious one for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch all the usual hacks in the media try and link this to the overblown CM program.

He was linked to it well before this announcement.

Trying to link it to vertigo is erroneous as he made the decision to retire at the start of the season.

This really is the year that just keeps on giving.
If vertigo is dizzyness I believe I’ve been getting it sporadically. Bloody awful. Good luck Curtly.

All the best Curtly. Long term health is the most important thing. Have heard vertigo is horrible and can impact people for years.

All the best to you Curtly and your family. Sincerely wish you all the best. I'm glad we'll be supporting you with your recovery.

Now... how the * do we play a guy lacking in motivation and with vertigo symptoms vs Richmond? Our most important match of the year.

Don't tell me we didn't know either. That would almost be worse imo. Plus he almost blurts out in his interview that he knew months ago he wanted to retire. If we were that seperated from his mental and physical state it's a disgrace.

Who were the emergencies that game?

First time I ever got it, I stood up out of bed and it literally threw me backwards (luckily straight on to the bed). How he managed to stay upright is amazing.

Physio does this thing where they bang your head on a pillow

For 24 hours you aren’t allowed to look anywhere except straight ahead

I had been on stemazine for months

Before you go though, when the room is spinning you need to know whether it’s clockwise or anti clockwise
That decided which way they bash your head !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back