Custom Cricket Uniforms Mero did for me WSC 1980-81 designs

Remove this Banner Ad

TheBillABCTV

Debutant
Oct 4, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Australia, England, West Indies, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. I thank Mero from the Footy Jumpers website for doing these great uniforms for me. I wanted to share with people these Custom ones.

Attachments

Howard Littlejohn

Brownlow Medallist
May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I still like the simplicity and having every team with the same template. That template wouldn't quite work because of the number of greens and blues - add Afghanistan, Ireland and whichever associates - e.g. Scotland. Maybe if the secondary colour took up a bit more of the kit, probably with a different template. Some teams no longer use those colours, NZ has changed considerably, but I know that wasn't the point of the exercise.

TheBillABCTV

Debutant
Oct 4, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I still like the simplicity and having every team with the same template. That template wouldn't quite work because of the number of greens and blues - add Afghanistan, Ireland and whichever associates - e.g. Scotland. Maybe if the secondary colour took up a bit more of the kit, probably with a different template. Some teams no longer use those colours, NZ has changed considerably, but I know that wasn't the point of the exercise.
I might ask Rob of he could do those for me in a few weeks or so, if he does then I will add them here in this thread. Afghanistan, Ireland, Kenya, Netherlands, Scotland and Canada in the same design 1980-81 WSC design, then later down the track I could get them done in a different WSC design.

Last edited:

TheBillABCTV

Debutant
Oct 4, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I might ask Rob of he could do those for me in a few weeks or so, if he does then I will add them here in this thread. Afghanistan, Ireland, Kenya, Netherlands, Scotland and Canada in the same design 1980-81 WSC design, then later down the track I could get them done in a different WSC design.
I will get Rob to do in a few weeks or so all in the WSC 1980-81 design:
Ireland in Green with Navy Blue, Navy Blue caps.
Afghanistan in Royal Blue with red, red caps.
Kenya in apple Green/light green with red, apple green caps.
Netherlands in Orange with Navy Blue, Orange caps.
Scotland in Dark Blue with sky Blue, Dark Blue caps [opposite to the England Uniform].
Canada in red with light Gold, Red caps.

Last edited:

Gibbke

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
South Launceston, Tassie Tigers
Underarm had already been banned in England, which was one of the reasons for him rushing onto the ground, thinking the umpires had messed up. ACB ineptitude, no thought as to future repercussions...repeated a couple of years later when a final was tied with no provision or agreement as to what would happen in that scenario - the resultant protest from Clive and Viv meant Holding captained the Windies in the third final the very next day, which was also David Boon's debut for Australia...

Gibbke

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
South Launceston, Tassie Tigers
In awe of Mero's contribution to - it's not too extravagant to say - Australian sport itself, but a little criticism...the template's wrong! I can't imagine Rodney Marsh's B&H cigarette packet bulging out of the sleeves of his shirt here, or his gut wrestling to escape from the bottom. That line on the back of every shirt wasn't there. While some of this is speculative of course, England didn't wear a second colour until the horizontal bands era - straight light blue only. Also, these uniforms are 1981-82 to 1983-84 era - the 1980-81 Aus-NZ-India designs had stripes on the sleeves...

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Underarm had already been banned in England, which was one of the reasons for him rushing onto the ground, thinking the umpires had messed up. ACB ineptitude, no thought as to future repercussions...repeated a couple of years later when a final was tied with no provision or agreement as to what would happen in that scenario - the resultant protest from Clive and Viv meant Holding captained the Windies in the third final the very next day, which was also David Boon's debut for Australia...
For context when India came out in 1980/81 they had barely played a dozen ODIs. There were no real international standards like there are now, England were still playing sixty over internationals at the time.

TheBillABCTV

Debutant
Oct 4, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In awe of Mero's contribution to - it's not too extravagant to say - Australian sport itself, but a little criticism...the template's wrong! I can't imagine Rodney Marsh's B&H cigarette packet bulging out of the sleeves of his shirt here, or his gut wrestling to escape from the bottom. That line on the back of every shirt wasn't there. While some of this is speculative of course, England didn't wear a second colour until the horizontal bands era - straight light blue only. Also, these uniforms are 1981-82 to 1983-84 era - the 1980-81 Aus-NZ-India designs had stripes on the sleeves...
Rob did those for me at my request the long sleeves, yes they had short sleeves also. he did them in the colours I asked him to. I thank Rob for everything he did for me. In the new year I will ask him if he could please do Afghanistan, Ireland, Kenya, Netherlands, Scotland and Canada in the same design 1980-81 WSC design.

Ireland in Green with Navy Blue, Navy Blue caps.
Afghanistan in Royal Blue with red, red caps.
Kenya in apple Green/light green with red, apple green caps.
Netherlands in Orange with Navy Blue, Orange caps.
Scotland in Dark Blue with sky Blue, Dark Blue caps [opposite to the England Uniform].
Canada in red with light Gold, Red caps.

I asked him to do them in long sleeves [Australia to Bangladesh]. In the new year I will ask him if he can do [Afghanistan to Canada] Yes I know England wore straight light Blue from 1982-83, 1984-85 in Championship of Crricket in Australia and from 1986-87 England wore light Blue with Dark blue, I asked Rob if he could make England in sky Blue with dark Blue in the 1980-81 design. I asked Rob to do the 1980-81 design and he did those at my request I thank him. Yes from 1981-82 no stripes on shoulder to arms. But I like the 1980-81 design best.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad