Custom Cricket Uniforms Mero did for me WSC 1980-81 designs

Remove this Banner Ad

TheBillABCTV

Senior List
Oct 4, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Australia, England, West Indies, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. I thank Mero from the Footy Jumpers website for doing these great uniforms for me. I wanted to share with people these Custom ones.

Attachments

• 01-Australia-80-81.png
    01-Australia-80-81.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 02-England-80-81.png
    02-England-80-81.png
    148 KB · Views: 78
  • 03-West-Indies-80-81.png
    03-West-Indies-80-81.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 04-New-Zealand-80-81.png
    04-New-Zealand-80-81.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 05-India-80-81.png
    05-India-80-81.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 06-Pakistan-80-81.png
    06-Pakistan-80-81.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 07-Sri-Lanka-80-81.png
    07-Sri-Lanka-80-81.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 08-South-Africa-80-81.png
    08-South-Africa-80-81.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 09-Zimbabwe-80-81.png
    09-Zimbabwe-80-81.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 10-Bangladesh-80-81.png
    10-Bangladesh-80-81.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 74
I still like the simplicity and having every team with the same template. That template wouldn't quite work because of the number of greens and blues - add Afghanistan, Ireland and whichever associates - e.g. Scotland. Maybe if the secondary colour took up a bit more of the kit, probably with a different template. Some teams no longer use those colours, NZ has changed considerably, but I know that wasn't the point of the exercise.

I still like the simplicity and having every team with the same template. That template wouldn't quite work because of the number of greens and blues - add Afghanistan, Ireland and whichever associates - e.g. Scotland. Maybe if the secondary colour took up a bit more of the kit, probably with a different template. Some teams no longer use those colours, NZ has changed considerably, but I know that wasn't the point of the exercise.
I might ask Rob of he could do those for me in a few weeks or so, if he does then I will add them here in this thread. Afghanistan, Ireland, Kenya, Netherlands, Scotland and Canada in the same design 1980-81 WSC design, then later down the track I could get them done in a different WSC design.

Last edited:

I might ask Rob of he could do those for me in a few weeks or so, if he does then I will add them here in this thread. Afghanistan, Ireland, Kenya, Netherlands, Scotland and Canada in the same design 1980-81 WSC design, then later down the track I could get them done in a different WSC design.
I will get Rob to do in a few weeks or so all in the WSC 1980-81 design:
Ireland in Green with Navy Blue, Navy Blue caps.
Afghanistan in Royal Blue with red, red caps.
Kenya in apple Green/light green with red, apple green caps.
Netherlands in Orange with Navy Blue, Orange caps.
Scotland in Dark Blue with sky Blue, Dark Blue caps [opposite to the England Uniform].
Canada in red with light Gold, Red caps.

Last edited:
Underarm had already been banned in England, which was one of the reasons for him rushing onto the ground, thinking the umpires had messed up. ACB ineptitude, no thought as to future repercussions...repeated a couple of years later when a final was tied with no provision or agreement as to what would happen in that scenario - the resultant protest from Clive and Viv meant Holding captained the Windies in the third final the very next day, which was also David Boon's debut for Australia...

In awe of Mero's contribution to - it's not too extravagant to say - Australian sport itself, but a little criticism...the template's wrong! I can't imagine Rodney Marsh's B&H cigarette packet bulging out of the sleeves of his shirt here, or his gut wrestling to escape from the bottom. That line on the back of every shirt wasn't there. While some of this is speculative of course, England didn't wear a second colour until the horizontal bands era - straight light blue only. Also, these uniforms are 1981-82 to 1983-84 era - the 1980-81 Aus-NZ-India designs had stripes on the sleeves...

Underarm had already been banned in England, which was one of the reasons for him rushing onto the ground, thinking the umpires had messed up. ACB ineptitude, no thought as to future repercussions...repeated a couple of years later when a final was tied with no provision or agreement as to what would happen in that scenario - the resultant protest from Clive and Viv meant Holding captained the Windies in the third final the very next day, which was also David Boon's debut for Australia...
For context when India came out in 1980/81 they had barely played a dozen ODIs. There were no real international standards like there are now, England were still playing sixty over internationals at the time.

In awe of Mero's contribution to - it's not too extravagant to say - Australian sport itself, but a little criticism...the template's wrong! I can't imagine Rodney Marsh's B&H cigarette packet bulging out of the sleeves of his shirt here, or his gut wrestling to escape from the bottom. That line on the back of every shirt wasn't there. While some of this is speculative of course, England didn't wear a second colour until the horizontal bands era - straight light blue only. Also, these uniforms are 1981-82 to 1983-84 era - the 1980-81 Aus-NZ-India designs had stripes on the sleeves...
Rob did those for me at my request the long sleeves, yes they had short sleeves also. he did them in the colours I asked him to. I thank Rob for everything he did for me. In the new year I will ask him if he could please do Afghanistan, Ireland, Kenya, Netherlands, Scotland and Canada in the same design 1980-81 WSC design.

Scotland in Dark Blue with sky Blue, Dark Blue caps [opposite to the England Uniform].

I asked him to do them in long sleeves [Australia to Bangladesh]. In the new year I will ask him if he can do [Afghanistan to Canada] Yes I know England wore straight light Blue from 1982-83, 1984-85 in Championship of Crricket in Australia and from 1986-87 England wore light Blue with Dark blue, I asked Rob if he could make England in sky Blue with dark Blue in the 1980-81 design. I asked Rob to do the 1980-81 design and he did those at my request I thank him. Yes from 1981-82 no stripes on shoulder to arms. But I like the 1980-81 design best.

Last edited:
Rob did those for me at my request the long sleeves, yes they had short sleeves also. he did them in the colours I asked him to. I thank Rob for everything he did for me. In the new year I will ask him if he could please do Afghanistan, Ireland, Kenya, Netherlands, Scotland and Canada in the same design 1980-81 WSC design.

I asked him to do them in long sleeves [Australia to Bangladesh]. In the new year I will ask him if he can do [Afghanistan to Canada] Yes I know England wore straight light Blue from 1982-83, 1984-85 in Championship of Crricket in Australia and from 1986-87 England wore light Blue with Dark blue, I asked Rob if he could make England in sky Blue with dark Blue in the 1980-81 design. I asked Rob to do the 1980-81 design and he did those at my request I thank him. Yes from 1981-82 no stripes on shoulder to arms. But I like the 1980-81 design best.
When Rob has time I will get rob to do:

Kenya Home Uniform: Apple Green and Red [Apple Green Caps]

Kenya Clash Uniform: Red and Green [Apple Green Caps]

Netherlands: Orange and Royal Blue [Orange Caps]

Canada Home Uniform: Red and Black [Red Caps]

Canada Clash Uniform: Black and Red [Red Caps]

UAE: Black and Grey [Black Caps]

Ireland Home Uniform: Green and Navy Blue [Green Caps]

Ireland Clash Uniform: Navy Blue and Green [Green Caps]

Namibia Home Uniform: Navy Blue and Red [Navy Blue Caps]

Namibia Clash Uniform: Red and Navy Blue [Navy Blue Caps]

Rob has already done for me in the 1980-81 design Australia to Bangladesh [10 nations]. only for Kenya, Canada, Ireland and namibia i will get Rob to do clash Uniforms. no rush for anything. One day after rob has done these I can post those ones here for you guys. For any side that has red uniforms and black Uniforms the WSC logo will be a white outline around the logo. because the stumps in the WSC logo is black and the ball is red on that logo. Yes in 1996 world cup UAE was Grey and Black, I am getting Rob to make them a black Uniform with Grey sides, Grey collars, Grey pockets, black caps. The Netherlands is orange and Navy Blue, i want rob to do them for me in Orange and Royal blue instead, these are my custom ones. These uniforms are all fun.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rob has already done for me in the 1980-81 design Australia to Bangladesh [10 nations]. only for Kenya, Canada, Ireland and namibia i will get Rob to do clash Uniforms. no rush for anything. One day after rob has done these I can post those ones here for you guys. For any side that has red uniforms and black Uniforms the WSC logo will be a white outline around the logo. because the stumps in the WSC logo is black and the ball is red on that logo. Yes in 1996 world cup UAE was Grey and Black, I am getting Rob to make them a black Uniform with Grey sides, Grey collars, Grey pockets, black caps. The Netherlands is orange and Navy Blue, i want rob to do them for me in Orange and Royal blue instead, these are my custom ones. These uniforms are all fun.
Rob I have forgotten Scotland.

Scotland Home Uniform: Dark Blue and Sky Blue as the 2nd colour [Dark Blue Caps]

Scotland Clash Uniform: Light Grey and Dark Blue [Dark Blue Caps]

Rob I have forgotten Scotland.

Scotland Home Uniform: Dark Blue and Sky Blue as the 2nd colour [Dark Blue Caps]

Scotland Clash Uniform: Light Grey and Dark Blue [Dark Blue Caps]
Rob I have also forgotten Afghanistan and Bermuda also:

Afghanistan Home Uniform: Royal Blue and Red [Red Caps]

Afghanistan Clash Uniform: Red and Royal Blue [Red Caps]

Bermuda Home Uniform: Royal Blue and Pink [Pink Caps]

Bermuda Clash Uniform: Pink and Royal Blue [Pink Caps]

Kenya Home in green, and the Red Kenya clash ones. Thank you Rob.

Attachments

• 12-Kenya-80-81.png
    12-Kenya-80-81.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 11-Kenya-80-81.png
    11-Kenya-80-81.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 35
Kenya Home in green, and the Red Kenya clash ones. Thank you Rob.
Netherlands in Orange. Canada home Uniform in red, Canada clash uniform in Black. Thank you Rob.

Attachments

• 13-Netherlands-80-81.png
    13-Netherlands-80-81.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 14-Canada-80-81.png
    14-Canada-80-81.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 15-Canada-80-81.png
    15-Canada-80-81.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 33
Netherlands in Orange. Canada home Uniform in red, Canada clash uniform in Black. Thank you Rob.
UAE Uniform, Ireland Home Uniform in Green, Ireland Clash Uniform in Navy Blue. Thank you Rob. Yes i wanted the UAE Uniform in Black.

Attachments

• 18-Ireland-80-81.png
    18-Ireland-80-81.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 17-Ireland-80-81.png
    17-Ireland-80-81.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 16-UAE-80-81.png
    16-UAE-80-81.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 32
UAE Uniform, Ireland Home Uniform in Green, Ireland Clash Uniform in Navy Blue. Thank you Rob. Yes i wanted the UAE Uniform in Black.
Namibia Home Uniform in Navy blue, Namibia Clash Uniform in Red. Scotland Home Uniform in Navy Blue, Scotland Clash uniform in Sky Blue.
Afghanistan Home Uniform in Royal Blue, Afghanistan Clash Uniform in Red. Bermuda home uniform in Royal Blue, Bermuda Clash Uniform in pink. Thank you Rob for all these Uniforms in the 1980-81 WSC Design.

Attachments

• 26-Bermuda-80-81.png
    26-Bermuda-80-81.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 25-Bermuda-80-81.png
    25-Bermuda-80-81.png
    148 KB · Views: 34
  • 24-Afghanistan-80-81.png
    24-Afghanistan-80-81.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 23-Afghanistan-80-81.png
    23-Afghanistan-80-81.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 22-Scotland-80-81.png
    22-Scotland-80-81.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 21-Scotland-80-81.png
    21-Scotland-80-81.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20-Namibia-80-81.png
    20-Namibia-80-81.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 19-Namibia-80-81.png
    19-Namibia-80-81.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 33
Namibia Home Uniform in Navy blue, Namibia Clash Uniform in Red. Scotland Home Uniform in Navy Blue, Scotland Clash uniform in Sky Blue.
Afghanistan Home Uniform in Royal Blue, Afghanistan Clash Uniform in Red. Bermuda home uniform in Royal Blue, Bermuda Clash Uniform in pink. Thank you Rob for all these Uniforms in the 1980-81 WSC Design.
The sleeve collars are fixed I am posting them again. Kenya home in apple Green, Kenya clash in Red. Netherlands in Orange. Canada Home in Red and Canada clash in Black. UAE Uniform in Black.

Attachments

• 16-UAE-80-81.png
    16-UAE-80-81.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 15-Canada-80-81.png
    15-Canada-80-81.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 14-Canada-80-81.png
    14-Canada-80-81.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 13-Netherlands-80-81.png
    13-Netherlands-80-81.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 12-Kenya-80-81.png
    12-Kenya-80-81.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 11-Kenya-80-81.png
    11-Kenya-80-81.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 28
The sleeve collars are fixed I am posting them again. Kenya home in apple Green, Kenya clash in Red. Netherlands in Orange. Canada Home in Red and Canada clash in Black. UAE Uniform in Black.
Ireland home is in Green, Ireland clash is in Navy blue. Namibia Home in Navy blue, Namibia Clash in Red. Scotland Home in Navy Blue, Scotland clash in Grey. Afghanistan Home in Royal Blue, Afghanistan Clash in Red. Bermuda Home in Royal Blue, Bermuda clash in Pink. That is all of them in full with the collars how I want them and Scotland clash i wanted in Grey because England and India are in Sky Blue. This completes everything in the WSC 1980-81 design.

Attachments

• 26-Bermuda-80-81.png
    26-Bermuda-80-81.png
    156.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 25-Bermuda-80-81.png
    25-Bermuda-80-81.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 24-Afghanistan-80-81.png
    24-Afghanistan-80-81.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 23-Afghanistan-80-81.png
    23-Afghanistan-80-81.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 22-Scotland-80-81.png
    22-Scotland-80-81.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 21-Scotland-80-81.png
    21-Scotland-80-81.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20-Namibia-80-81.png
    20-Namibia-80-81.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 19-Namibia-80-81.png
    19-Namibia-80-81.png
    143 KB · Views: 24
  • 18-Ireland-80-81.png
    18-Ireland-80-81.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 17-Ireland-80-81.png
    17-Ireland-80-81.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 25
Ireland home is in Green, Ireland clash is in Navy blue. Namibia Home in Navy blue, Namibia Clash in Red. Scotland Home in Navy Blue, Scotland clash in Grey. Afghanistan Home in Royal Blue, Afghanistan Clash in Red. Bermuda Home in Royal Blue, Bermuda clash in Pink. That is all of them in full with the collars how I want them and Scotland clash i wanted in Grey because England and India are in Sky Blue. This completes everything in the WSC 1980-81 design.
Sri Lanka home Gold version and the Royal Blue Clash. Thank you Rob. I have renumbered all the other ones

Attachments

• 07-Sri-Lanka-80-81.png
    07-Sri-Lanka-80-81.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 08-Sri-Lanka-80-81.png
    08-Sri-Lanka-80-81.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 22
Sri Lanka home Gold version and the Royal Blue Clash. Thank you Rob. I have renumbered all the other one

Sri Lanka home Gold version and the Royal Blue Clash. Thank you Rob. I have renumbered all the other ones
This completes the 1980-81 designs i hope everyone enjoyed all the custom ones I asked Rob to do for me. I love all of them.

This completes the 1980-81 designs i hope everyone enjoyed all the custom ones I asked Rob to do for me. I love all of them.
i edited the gold sides, Gold collars and gold Pockets. The black stripe on top of arm remains.

Attachments

• 10-Zimbabwe-80-81 Gold sides and pockets.png
    10-Zimbabwe-80-81 Gold sides and pockets.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back