Cutler elbow to Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

You clearly are.
Cutler deserved more and many, many more have said it was worse than camerons hit.
Selwood is protected, he wasn’t even sighted for an attempted trip. Any other player and it’s a week.
Sorry. He ain't getting more than the guy who put someone in hospital with a bleed on the brain.
This is what I'm talking about. So out of touch with the tribunal and sanctions.

How embarrassing for the AFL.

Walker graded as medium impact for a bump that caused no injury whatsoever.

Cutler raises a forearm smashing a vulnerable Murphy in the face breaking his nose and causing concussion and he only gets 1 more week than Walker?

Lol like what the hell? How do you go no injury = medium but broken nose and concussion = high?

How does Fyfe do something of lesser severity get graded as intentional and this get careless?

No doubt he originally had eyes for the ball but sticking out his forearm like that is dangerous and was completely unnecessary.

Not at all.
Clean Joely got off as expected, and I'm taking pleasure showing you up for how clueless you're acting.

That's what 3-4 tribunal cases now that you've had no clue with what the outcome would be.
All one eyed pro-crow views too.

Ciao.

Selwood is a diving injury faker.
The sad thing is he doesnt need to do it.

Headbutted Gibbs and went down like a sack of the proverbial.

Selwood is a diving injury faker.
The sad thing is he doesnt need to do it.

Headbutted Gibbs and went down like a sack of the proverbial.
As said last week.
That argument doesn’t stand up given he was forced off the ground by the Doctor

As said last week.
That argument doesn’t stand up given he was forced off the ground by the Doctor

He ran off the ground by himself.
Knight gave him a spray on the way off.

There is even footage.

Regardless, he headbutted a stationary Gibbs and deliberately went to ground.

Why would the doctor force him off if he's uninjured?

Unfortunately Selwood undoes all his good work when he ducks and dives and plays for free kicks. The Gibbs one was just embarrassing. He was once a great, hard, respected player, now he is turning into a running joke.

Lions contesting the decision at the Tribunal as they should. Game is turning into netball

I support their right to contest this at the tribunal without risking further suspension.

But really, what is their argument when you look at this?

DixgEcMW0AA0vVO.jpg

Apparently that is the action of someone trying to pull out and "brace"...

Regardless, be interesting to see what their argument is.

If you look at the video from the point where that photo was taken his elbow is actually moving closer to his body.

If you look at the video from the point where that photo was taken his elbow is actually moving closer to his body.
Also if you watch the video that this photo was taken from: the conduct was at minimum careless, the impact was high (concussion) and the contact was high (head) = 2 weeks. Brisbane are within their rights to challenge as it is basically a free hit, but can't see any logical argument that will get him off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also if you watch the video that this photo was taken from: the conduct was at minimum careless, the impact was high (concussion) and the contact was high (head) = 2 weeks. Brisbane are within their rights to challenge as it is basically a free hit, but can't see any logical argument that will get him off.
Agree Im surprised by us challenging the charge. Seem a pretty clear cut case of careless.

Looking at still photos in incidents like this is pretty stupid. Watching the video it looks pretty clear that the arm is going down

It's surprising. They have to argue that his initial jump was a reasonable attempt at a mark and that he had to brace for contact to protect himself. But I guess that's why lawyers exist.

It's surprising. They have to argue that his initial jump was a reasonable attempt at a mark and that he had to brace for contact to protect himself. But I guess that's why lawyers exist.

The same argument could've be made for Cameron... he left the ground long before Andrews took possession and would've marked at the peak of his jump if Andrews didn't spoil. He turned his body to brace for impact, but he also lead with is elbow and caught him high with severe impact. Leading with your elbows is cowardly and dangerous, it is not tough, it is not bracing for impact and it deserves a suspension.

The same argument could've be made for Cameron... he left the ground long before Andrews took possession and would've marked at the peak of his jump if Andrews didn't spoil. He turned his body to brace for impact, but he also lead with is elbow and caught him high with severe impact. Leading with your elbows is cowardly and dangerous, it is not tough, it is not bracing for impact and it deserves a suspension.

Cutler didn't lead with his elbow, his arm was outstretched and then he tucked it in. Under the old rules Cutler would have been reported for charging and Cameron for striking. I'm not sure Cameron even made any contact with his body, it was mainly just his elbow.

Cutler didn't lead with his elbow, his arm was outstretched and then he tucked it in. Under the old rules Cutler would have been reported for charging and Cameron for striking. I'm not sure Cameron even made any contact with his body, it was mainly just his elbow.

You are right, at point of impact Cutlers arm was outstretched in front of him and not tucked in to his body, this is why he hit Murphy in the head with his elbow before the rest of his body made contact.
Cameron's elbow was also not tucked in and hit Andrews before his body made contact.
Not sure why you'd mention the old rules as they are irrelevant for both this incident and the Cameron incident.

Nice job appealing Brisbane. It couldn't have been a more obvious suspension. :rolleyes:

Why the * would they bother appealing in the first place? It's not like they are pushing for finals. What a waste of $10000.

Nice job appealing Brisbane. It couldn't have been a more obvious suspension. :rolleyes:

Why the **** would they bother appealing in the first place? It's not like they are pushing for finals. What a waste of $10000.

$10k? That is chumps change to the AFL Brisbane.

I helped remind you. So that is something.
Come to think of it, knowing the AFL will pay the fine anyway, Brisbane should appeal every last charge no matter how blatant. It'd be hilarious to see the AFL's own shitty system working against them. I mean what are they going to do? Fine you? ;)

How much did the Crows spend on that ridiculous preseason camp?
Well the idea came from bargain bin bird brain (Burton). So probably not all that much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back