Fantasy Cutthroat 2009 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

:mad: I am so pissed off at myself
If I didn't tank in Week 5, I would of had 1 more win
had the wildcard spot, and my team has outscored all teams in the playoffs each week, therefore would of represented Switchblade in the Championship game next week. All my fault so there is no one else to blame.

So how I fill week 17 should go

battle for 1-3 Brown Paper Baggers vs Randy Moss vs Masturbating Fools
battle for 4-6 Lethal Larks vs Cam's Coconuts vs FOOTBALL MCGARNAGLE
battle for 7-9 Tomahawk #3 vs Sasha's Grey Pubes vs Nunawading Warriors
battle for 10-12 Tomahawk #4 vs Goedy's Goats, vs Blood Angel
battle for 13-15 Pocket Hercules vs JimJohnson's Vandal'sDelight vs Juddy's BallBreakers
battle for 16-18 Team STKO vs Oakland Raiderettes vs Riggy's LOL Cats
battle for 19-21 Zarko's Dodgers vs 11sjw's Spud Ensemble vs Team TACHAWKS
battle for 22-24 Woodson's Mustangs vs Crunch Match Balls vs Larsons Marklars
battle for 25-27 Wizards Warriors vs Redragger's Saints vs Mordikai's Manhandlers
battle for 28-30 Team Gooch vs Leviathans Fire vs Team Hodge
battle for 31-33 TGBB Texans vs Team Heyward_Beys vs Team JEFFDUNNE
battle for 34-36 Team Chism vs Nappies Ninjas vs Anal Sphincter Tim Jobbers

I beleive the battle for 16-18, 25-27 and 31-33 will be the most interesting
STKO vs me to settle a rivalry, also as effectively GG's make beleive Guillotine Bowl, with 2 of the 3 teams he predicted mid season to be in the big one, stuck in this encounter
the Warriors and Mordikai are both power houses that deserved to be higher up but bad luck cost them, It's just a heavy weight battle with Redragger's in it for a little bit of added interest
and it will be good to see the TGBB finish off the year well, after being the deserved winner of his division, and JD who was top 2 in Switchblade power rankings most of the year. Gonna be another good setup

I dont know if anyone cares about the actual Guillotine Bowl, you got one team who's owner is the commissioner of the league and probably cheated himself to this position :p, 1 person who only got to this stage because he got lucky when I tanked against him (If I didn't read opening paragraph to this post), and some nobody (Randy Moss)

Just filling in time tonight and I felt like showing how well each team would of gone from their initial drafted squads. I have only had the time to do Switchblade, may do the other 2 at a later time

but the rankings

SB East
#3 Nunawading Warriors 8-6 (own pf tiebreaker)
Riggy's LOL Cats 8-6
Blood Angel 6-8
Team JEFFDUNNE 2-12

SB Central
#1 Team TACHAWKS 11-3
#4 FOOTBALL MCGARNAGLE 9-5 (has h2h tiebreaker for wc)
Team Hodge 5-9 (has pf tiebreker)
Anal Sphincter Rim Jobbers 5-9

SB West
#2 Mordikai's Manhandlers 9-5 (has pf tiebreaker)
Juddy's BallBreakers 9-5
Larsons Marklars 6-8 (had h2h tiebreaker)
Masturbating Fools 6-8

playoffs
#1 Team TACHAWKS 115.1-75.4 #4 FOOTBALL MCGARNAGLE
#2 Mordikai's Manhandlers 150.7-99.8 #3 Nunawading Warriors

#1 Team TACHAWKS 133.1-138.3 #2 Mordikai's Manhandlers

match of the year
Week 12, Team TACHAWKS 122.6 Def FOOTBALL MCGARNAGLE 122.5

Congratulations to all championship winning teams, and to everyone this season for making it such a tough and enjoyable competition.

Thanks GG... was glad to be a part of the comp.

After being roped in by yourself at the 11th hour, and taking a couple of weeks to become settled on a lineup, I had an absolute ball competing in this comp.

I thank everyone for their passion and look forward to striving for a better finish next season!

Positionings arent really determined by these games because it's a complete re-draft league, all randomized once again. Normally, yes, but not for cutthroat.

You can still manually do it if you want, posting the scores of the cross-conference match-ups.
you do it 'officially'
It could really give a league bragging rights if they have the most inter conference matchups

make it like College Football

1-3 - National Championship game
4-6 - Fiesta Bowl
7-9 - Rose Bowl
10-12 - Orange Bowl
13-15 - Sugar Bowl
the rest - random games, and at the end of it we have a league bowl record or what ever it is for league bragging rights

also we can use it to determine what leagues people go in next year

1st SB E
2nd M E
3rd TH e
4th SB C
5th M C
6th TH C
7th SB W
8th M W
9th TH W
10th SB E
etc....

just to make next years more competitive.

If more people want in throw them into spots vacated by players who leave, or send them into a new league, if we have less players than this season, just allow someone to take care of a team in each league so it stays 36 teams

and while im at College football comparisons

Riggy's LOL Cats - Nebraska Cornhuskers. Strong defence not giving up much score and the offense is just good ENOUGH to get some results.

I like the Bowl idea for shits and giggles.

Give me the match-ups and I'll post the full results for all Bowl and BCS games.

Im not sure about moving people around the leagues (possible) just a lot of deleting people and then re-inviting them etc. Maintaining divisional and conference rivalries is the name of the game. If we continue to get 36 people interested in coming back next season, or what others may want to join. Could involve re-jigging it all into 3 leagues of 16 (more wildcards) or what I dont know yet.

I'm going to wipe the floor with you GG. Thing that helped me win this week was that I had not 1 player being rested. Cam had Wayne which hurt and I'm sure people who had Manning etc wouldnt have faired too well. Probably a good strategy to employ because picking studs from stud teams can hurt you when it matters. Picking the stud teams though is hard to predict at the start of the year.

For a reference point can I see your current roster GG?

I like the Bowl idea for shits and giggles.

Give me the match-ups and I'll post the full results for all Bowl and BCS games.
BigFooty Gilloutine Bowl Randy Moss (12-4) vs Masturbating Fools (11-5) vs Brown Paper Baggers (9-7)
BigFooty Sugar Bowl Cam's Coconuts (12-4) vs FOOTBALL MCGARNAGLE (9-7) vs Lethal Larks (11-5)
BigFooty Fiesta Bowl Sasha's Grey Pubes (10-6) vs Nunawading Warriors (10-6) vs Leichardt Wanderers (10-6)
BigFooty Rose Bowl Goedy's Goats (10-6) vs Blood Angel (8-8) vs Reachers Preachers (9-7)
BigFooty Oragne Bowl JimJohnsons Vandal'sDelight (8-8) vs Juddy's BallBreakers (10-6) vs Pocker Hercules (9-7)
BigFooty Capitol One Bowl Oakland Raiderettes (8-8) vs Riggy's LOL Cats (9-7) vs Team STKO (8-8)
BigFooty Maaco Bowl 11sjw's Spud Ensemble (7-9) vs Team TACHAWKS (9-7) vs Zarko's Dodgers (8-8)
BigFooty Sports Bowl Match Crunch Balls (7-9) vs Larsons Marklars (7-9) vs Woodson's Mustangs (7-9)
BigFooty Holiday Bowl Redragger's Saints (8-8) vs Mordikai's Manhandlers (9-7) vs Wizards Warriros (8-8)
BigFooty Chick-fil-A Bowl Leviathians Fire (5-11) vs Team Hodge (5-11) vs Team Gooch (5-11)
BigFooty Gator Bowl Team Heyward_Beys (4-12) vs Team JEFFDUNNE (7-9) vs TGBB Texans (7-9)
BigFooty Car Care Bowl Nappies Ninjas (5-11) vs Anal Sphincter Rim Jobbers (2-14) vs Team Chism (5-11)

I feel this should of came in earlier, because it gives teams motivation to win, win out in consolation and you can take the #2 spot in a division, but if you lose out you can get #3 in the next seasons division. And should mean a slightly easier draw.

Still get new competition each year, but at least it's fair in skill/luck level and should mean the leagues would be closer than what they would be if you make them randomly like you did

PS. please change the bowl game names, I just put them in, they're s**t names though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to wipe the floor with you GG. Thing that helped me win this week was that I had not 1 player being rested. Cam had Wayne which hurt and I'm sure people who had Manning etc wouldnt have faired too well. Probably a good strategy to employ because picking studs from stud teams can hurt you when it matters. Picking the stud teams though is hard to predict at the start of the year.

For a reference point can I see your current roster GG?

Yeah but thats the price you pay for picking up players like Manning/Wayne or in past seasons Brady/Moss but its a risk most people would take! I was tempted to trade him out for someone else but I decided to roll the dice. Unfortunately it didn't pay off. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, I lost the game in many areas... my D didn't turn up for once and all other players had "average" games.

You have a great side though, congrats on the win! :thumbsu:

Has been heaps of fun this season. Half of that is because everyone was so into this comp this year, there weren't any easy wins.

bowl-season-2009.png

players in common
Riggy - STKO
Antonio Gates, Jason Taylor, Mason Crosby
Riggy - Raiderettes
Antoine Bathea
STKO - Raiderettes
none

current projections + defenders average
Riggy's LOL Cats 150.5
Team STKO 105.5
Oakland Raiderettes 143.6

made some changes for the bowl week games

Lofton was questionable and could only get a measely 1 last week so replaced him with Raider Kirk Morrison

Johnson has been doing s**t recently so wanted a better DLman, considered Richard Seymour because he seems to play his best against good teams, but in the end I decided on Terrell Suggs, has been getting a few points the last few weeks which is consistant enough to be in his DL role

Bethea has an injury cloud over him and I wouldnt be suprised if he gets a rest so I got Brandon Meriweather getting tackles stopping Andre Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back