Fantasy Cutthroat 2012 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

lol DB but No!! :D If my players score the way they have been he will beat me anyway but not by enough to secure the tie breaker sadly for him!

IF the scoring stays the same for next year regarding defenders watch JJ Watt go No.1 pick and i am going defenders in the first 3 rounds. You can build an offense of waivers but not a defense that will score well. Defenders killing every aspect of this format with the Passes defensed and Tackles for loss etc etc not to mention picks and TD's! Scoring is all over the place with mostly defenders and QB's dominating all aspects. RB's and WR's are worthless unless they have career days and over 100yds and multiple endzone visits.

lol DB but No!! :D If my players score the way they have been he will beat me anyway but not by enough to secure the tie breaker sadly for him!

IF the scoring stays the same for next year regarding defenders watch JJ Watt go No.1 pick and i am going defenders in the first 3 rounds. You can build an offense of waivers but not a defense that will score well. Defenders killing every aspect of this format with the Passes defensed and Tackles for loss etc etc not to mention picks and TD's! Scoring is all over the place with mostly defenders and QB's dominating all aspects. RB's and WR's are worthless unless they have career days and over 100yds and multiple endzone visits.
IF scoring stays the same

I am surprised GG doesn't swap teams every season to be perfectly honest. Also top tier QBs should always be first as they will provide those stable points for you each week. Watts form surely can not carry on to next season.

I would not like to back against Watts doing the same thing next season and he is a machine. Even if he does not get sacks like many others rely on he monsters up TFL's and even PD's which are the same points. Just this week balmain got 4pts for Brees throwing a ball into Abraham's blardy helmet which was counted as a PD and 4.1 pts. Ware than monsters Foles on the opening play of the game smashing him and only a tiny forward motion of the arm made it an incomplete pass and 0 points although he stuffed a play up with a great read of the OL, and QB hits need to be also looked at which could be awarded with a point or so as Ware getting nothing for that play compared to Abraham's 4 is BS IMO!! balmainforever even sent me a text when it happened and the 4pts was given to his player for a Brees errant throw into his helmet!! lol

I agree with the QB comments though Larks. :thumbsu:

Did you just realize scoring favors defense this year chism? Seems you mention all this today like it hasn't been mentioned before :p

larkis is right, there will be changes next season so no need to fret now. I'll be sure to let everyone know well in advance the scoring changes next season to give people a chance to analyze and mention anything they notice.

At the moment sticking with espn again.

IF scoring stays the same

I am surprised GG doesn't swap teams every season to be perfectly honest. Also top tier QBs should always be first as they will provide those stable points for you each week. Watts form surely can not carry on to next season.
pffft. Can get Matt Ryan off of Waivers :cool:
And didn't I get Matt Stafford with Mr Irrelevant last year? :cool:
Oh and Eli Manning in the last round the year before? :p

Did you just realize scoring favors defense this year chism? Seems you mention all this today like it hasn't been mentioned before :p

larkis is right, there will be changes next season so no need to fret now. I'll be sure to let everyone know well in advance the scoring changes next season to give people a chance to analyze and mention anything they notice.

My drafting stratergy changed with the scoring changes. I went DTs for TFLs rather than DEs for sacks and I went CBs for PD rather than S for tackles.

But it's still too irregular. Take the consistent Offensive players first and the inconsistent Defensive players 2nd.

Oh and QB dead last as there's the much depth you can get studs (like Schuab, Stafford, Eli) in the last

You know what i am like now mate!! :D

;)

Can we please just get 2 years running with the same scoring format FFS!! :D

As soon as you get used to something and pick players to draft high next year it is BANG season over and now you have to re adjust all over and accommodate for new stats and scores which make some players worth s**t and others elevate to Gold depending on what areas are rewarded from season to season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we please just get 2 years running with the same scoring format FFS!! :D

As soon as you get used to something and pick players to draft high next year it is BANG season over and now you have to re adjust all over and accommodate for new stats and scores which make some players worth s**t and others elevate to Gold depending on what areas are rewarded from season to season.
Did you ever think maybe I do this on purpose? To make every year a new challenge for everyone, always new strategies they have to come up with ;)

Anyway next year will be more like what has been mentioned the last few posts.

Will do the other leagues asap...

MACUAHUITL

x-wanderers 9-4
chasers 8-5
swingingbaggers 7-6
mustangs 5-8
---
birds 7-6
larks 7-6
dodgers 6-7
takeover 4-9
---
moss 7-6
wings 6-7
texans 6-7
nosedick 6-7

z-home field
y-division title
x-playoff berth

Playoff Scenarios for Week 14

EAST
wanderers:
  • have secured playoff berth
  • win division if beat mustangs, or chasers lose to baggers
  • win division if lose to mustangs, chasers win, and score no less than about 30 pts to chasers -- on Points For
  • win WC otherwise
chasers:
  • win division if beat baggers, wanderers lose to mustangs, and outscore wanderers by about 30 pts -- on Points For
  • win WC if do not lose by more than about 75 pts
swingingbaggers:
  • win WC if beat chasers and outscore them by about 75 pts
CENTRAL
birds:
  • win division if beat larks
  • win division if tied game versus larks -- on 1-0-1 h2h
  • cannot win WC
larks:
  • win division if beat birds
  • cannot win WC
WEST
moss:
  • win division if beat or tied game versus wings
wings:
  • win division if beat moss and nosedick wins -- on 4-0 h2h
  • win division if beat moss, texans win, and scores no less than about 60 pts than texans -- on Points For
texans:
  • win division if beat nosedick, wings beat moss, and outscore wings by about 60 pts -- on Points For
nosedick:
  • win division if beat texans, wings beat moss, and outscore wings by about 100 pts -- on Points For
  • cannot win division (i dont think)

CHAINSAW

z-cats 11-2
choppaholic 8-5
goats 6-7
broncos 5-8
----
warriors 7-6
entourage 7-6
chance 6-7
smith 5-8
----
devils 7-6
angel 7-6
tannehill 5-8
matt 4-9

z-home field
y-division title
x-playoff berth

EAST
cats:
  • cemented home field advantage
choppaholic:
  • win WC if beat cats
  • win WC if lose to cats, and either or both devils or angel lose

CENTRAL
warriors:
  • win division if beat entourage
  • win division if tied game versus entourage -- on 1-0-1 h2h
entourage:
  • win division if beat warriors

WEST
devils:
  • win division if beat tannehill, and angel win -- on 2-0 h2h
  • win division if lose to tannehill, and angel lose to matt -- on 2-0 h2h
  • win division if tied game versus tannehill, and angel tied game versus matt -- on 2-0 h2h
angel:
  • win division if beat matt, and devils lose to tannehill
  • win WC if beat matt, and choppaholic lose to cats -- on 1-0 h2h

TRIDENT

y-miles 9-4
BPG 5-8
boys 5-8
army 4-9
----
x-borrachos 10-3
x-broken 9-4
giants 5-8
five 4-9
----
z-larry 11-2
bruins 7-6
brawlers 5-8
hogg 4-9

z-home field
y-division title
x-playoff berth

EAST
miles:
  • cemented division

CENTRAL
borrachos:
  • win division if beat giants
  • win division if lose to giants, and broken lose to five
  • win WC if lose to giants, and broken beat five

broken:
  • win division if beat five, and borrachos lose to giants -- on Points For
  • win WC otherwise

WEST
larry:
  • cemented home field advantage -- on 1-0 h2h over borrachos

How do playoff tie breakers work?
PLAYOFF SEEDING & TIE-BREAKERS
When your league converts into playoff mode the system automatically generates a seed for each team in the league based on the regular season results. The seeds determine where the system places each team in the playoffs. The primary factors which determine seeds are:

1. Division Winner(s)
  2. Winning Percentage
In the event that two or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the Regular Season, League Managers are able to select from the following options as a tie-breaking system to determine seed (the options below are also set in the default order for tie breakers):

• Head-to-Head Record*
  • Overall points scored (Default setting for all leagues unless changed by League Manager)
  • Division record
  • Overall points-against
* When Head-to-Head record is selected as the tiebreak criteria, and in the event that three or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the Regular Season, these teams must have played the same number of games for this criteria to be used.
NOTE: In LM Leagues only, if your league's rules do not agree with the system tiebreaker rules described above the playoff seeds can easily be changed by the League Manager. To edit the playoff seeds/bracket simply go to the Playoff Matchups page and click on the "Edit" link.
TIE-BREAKER FOR PLAYOFF GAMES
The system does not observe your league's Regular Season tiebreaker rule during the playoffs. Rather, in the event that two teams have the same number of points at the conclusion of their playoff game, the system tiebreaker awards the win to the higher seeded team.
NOTE: In LM Leagues, the League Manager has the ultimate say on which teams advance using the "Edit Playoffs" page. Each league may establish their own tiebreaker system with the League Manager advancing the team which wins it. If your league uses its own playoff tiebreakers we highly recommend pre-defining them and posting them prominently on the League Office page. As an exception, "Most Points from Bench" is an option only available for grandfathered Custom Leagues which used such a tiebreaker rule in the past season.
SEEDING TIEBREAKER EXAMPLE
Here's the default order of precedence according to the rules:
  • H2H
  • Points For
  • IntraDivision Record
  • Points Against
  • Coin Flip
Obviously, if an LM selects another tiebreaker to be first, that one would move to the top of the list. For example, the tiebreaker for standard leagues is "Points For", so those leagues would have this order:
  • Points For
  • H2H
  • IntraDivision Record
  • Points Against
  • Coin Flip
Below is an example of how tie breakers work. The main things to remember are:
  • Teams must have played the same number of head to head games amongst each other
  • Tiebreaker process starts over from beginning after each tie is broken for each bracket seed
  • All five teams in this example have a season record of 7-5
Team A: 3rd in division 1 with 825 points. They beat teams B and E, and lost to teams C and D
Team B: 2nd in division 1 with 918 points. They beat team C, lost to teams A and E, and did not play team D
Team C: 1st in division 2 with 725 points. They beat team A, and lost to teams B, D, and E
Team D: 2nd in division 2 with 720 points. They beat teams A, C, and E, and did not play team B
Team E: 1st in Division 1 with 920 points. They beat teams B and C and lost to teams A and D
First we take the division winners. Teams E and C won their divisions. Since team E beat team C in their head to head matchup, E gets the #1 seed and C gets the #2 seed.
Now we have to figure out the #3 seed. Since teams A, B, and D all have 7-5 records, we first look at their head to head records.
  • Team A beat team B and lost to team D, so they are 1-1 head to head
  • Team B lost to team A, and did not play team D, so they are 0-1 head to head
  • Team D beat team A, and did not play team B, so they are 1-0 head to head
Since the three teams did not play the same amount of head to head games we have to go the next tie-breaker - "Points For". This Awards the #3 seed to team B as they had 918 points.
Last we have to figure out the #4 seed. Again, since teams A and D have identical 7-5 records we look at their head to head matchup. Since team D beat team A, D would get the 4th and final playoff seed.

nosedick:

• cannot win division (i dont think)

This is correct. The best I can do is tie it up at 7-7 if Juddy wins, but he has me 2-0 H2H. I have 2-0 H2H over Randy Moss but it isn't enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back