Fantasy Cutthroat 2012 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Injuries and dropping Colston cost me badly this season. Good recovery, dangerous towards the end of the season. Tight season all round not much between the teams. Is it possible to see head to head chart?

I do believe considering all his talk this season that even I beat DB h2h. As others say total points means jack in this comp as did most of the West most likely. Funny considering some of the bagging the div took.

Injuries and dropping Colston cost me badly this season. Good recovery, dangerous towards the end of the season. Tight season all round not much between the teams. Is it possible to see head to head chart?

I do believe considering all his talk this season that even I beat DB h2h. As others say total points means jack in this comp as did most of the West most likely. Funny considering some of the bagging the div took.
Looking at your team when you versed me seeing how much it has changed

Gronk and MJD having season ending injuries definately hurt. Notice that the lack of key players and all the risks your team has on the roster does certainly hurt however what hurt you most was your schedule. There was a 6 game run where all your opponents scored above 93.9. Your opponents also only scored below 80 twice or scored below 90 four times. Considering you can only afford 5 loses, that would of been scoring above 92ish for 10 weeks when scoring 90 is usually an instant win this year. In pure points against others had it tougher but for the consistency that would of been expected of you - that is probably the toughest schedule in any league.

Compare that to your division winner with 7 games below 80.

My whole season in the end was blown in the week 2 game vs balmainforever.
I was up late, looking over my team before going to bed.
I stupidly decided to drop Justin Houston and Ryan Kerrigan, worrying they might not score well again, tho I had particularly chosen those two to keep all year and never change, as I was confident they would pick up a lot of sacks over the season.
I ended up losing by about 5-10 pts, and if i'd not dropped them i'd have won by 20 pts.
I never dropped Houston/Kerrigan again the rest of the season.

That loss turned into a win, in hindsight, sees me at 8-6 and advancing to the wild card ahead of Chism or division title on h2h against balmainforever at 2-0.

Mind you, if larkis didn't clusterfvck versus me a few weeks ago, I'd be back to 7-7 like I ended up anyway :( so your record is your record really. No ifs and buts.

Still, larkis probably still clusterfvcked that week anyway :p and I would be 8-6 again.

My whole season in the end was blown in the week 2 game vs balmainforever.
I was up late, looking over my team before going to bed.
I stupidly decided to drop Justin Houston and Ryan Kerrigan, worrying they might not score well again, tho I had particularly chosen those two to keep all year and never change, as I was confident they would pick up a lot of sacks over the season.
I ended up losing by about 5-10 pts, and if i'd not dropped them i'd have won by 20 pts.
I never dropped Houston/Kerrigan again the rest of the season.

That loss turned into a win, in hindsight, sees me at 8-6 and advancing to the wild card ahead of Chism or division title on h2h against balmainforever at 2-0.

Mind you, if larkis didn't clusterfvck versus me a few weeks ago, I'd be back to 7-7 like I ended up anyway :( so your record is your record really. No ifs and buts.

Still, larkis probably still clusterfvcked that week anyway :p and I would be 8-6 again.
So GG, any chance of some power rankings to see if you did deserve to make the playoffs?

Macuahuitl was a pretty even league, with only STKO not being 1 game below .500 or better.

I just couldn't get enough of my team firing at the same time and went from league champion to out of the playoffs. Good luck to the remaining contenders. Wonder if I should put any of my studs onto waivers.

How the * did I make it? Swear I was down by 5 points going into Q4 of the Pats-Houston game and only had Mayo playing (vs Watt & AJ). Must have been some adjustments.

You worried Chism ????
I'd be more worried about yoour under performing in the past 3 weeks to LIMP INTO THE PLAYOFFS:rolleyes:

It's a marathon not a sprint and my good early season form held me in good stead! No use finishing with a bang when you don't make it!!

It's all about consistency. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not too sure who dropped Alfy Morris and Aaron Hernandez onto the free agency list, but they have re-made my offence in time for the playoffs, so thanks. :)

Whomever dropped them broke a rule.
In CT, teams eliminated from playoffs must not gut rosters.
Also, they are still playing competitively week 15 and 16 trying to rise in the ranks, because week 17 is the Bowl week, where ALL teams play their similarly ranked counterparts in the other leagues for a Bowl title.

I've had Alfy for at least three weeks and Hernandez for at least two. Certainly didn't sign either player last week.

Will have to sus it out. Might be too hard to try to 'fix'.

It would mean removing them from your team, re-placing them back on whomever owned them last week, putting back who you dropped to grab them this week, adjusting scores for all teams involved.

But that's too hard and possibly unfair on you. But it's against the rules too, as whomever your opponent was or is next week, got unfairly punished by the gutting acts of someone else.

Will have to sus it out. Might be too hard to try to 'fix'.

It would mean removing them from your team, re-placing them back on whomever owned them last week, putting back who you dropped to grab them this week, adjusting scores for all teams involved.

But that's too hard and possibly unfair on you. But it's against the rules too, as whomever your opponent was or is next week, got unfairly punished by the gutting acts of someone else.
Why bother fixing it GG? Don't know who was picked up or why.

The only way to preserve things is with a roster freeze for anyone mathematically eliminated. Only issue then is FA is filled with injured players coming back into form or players rising out of nowhere.

Can't put a roster freeze on. No LM tools for such, except league wide ban on.

As we have a bunch of new people to CT this year, they've probably not aware of this bowl and no-gutting thing. Still, people who are out of playoffs usually just stop logging in, not going and dropping players for others to snap up.

Im not gonna do anything. Just want to assess first and analyze/see how bad/small the damage is etc.

Can't put a roster freeze on. No LM tools for such, except league wide ban on.

As we have a bunch of new people to CT this year, they've probably not aware of this bowl and no-gutting thing. Still, people who are out of playoffs usually just stop logging in, not going and dropping players for others to snap up.

Im not gonna do anything. Just want to assess first and analyze/see how bad/small the damage is etc.
Does anyone really care about week 17? Impossible to compare teams from different leagues ...

talk about moronic.
What part is moronic?

Considering each league has different levels of activity (12 teams actively trying to maintain a good team compared to 8 teams trying to maintain a good team), a lot can change.

So what part is moronic or are you just going to spew random nonsense with nothing to back it up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back