Admin Notice Cutting-Edge New Rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever teamsheet formatting works for simmers and stats keepers is good, dash, slash, hash it’s all easy if you follow the template.

Mandatory posting stats? That’s just weird.

Barry, do you know if captains were even consulted for their feedback before introducing these rules?
I'm probably not the best person to ask in this instance as the Gumbies were apparently not present (?) at the time these rule changes were first presented. From my perspective, these were brought back to our LG and the next day we were being penalised based on new rules, which I hadn't seen announced at the time penalties were being handed out.

So yes captains were consulted but not being in the committee at the present time I couldn't tell you if they had been appropriately discussed and decided upon. Probably worth asking your committee reps and other teams' reps.

As for an admin making an executive decision, I would do the same personally however it would be with a view to promoting engagement, not saving work and complaints.

No - we all said it was stupid and so in it goes.
The irony of introducing stricter procedures around voting processes and obligations of clubs to be actively involved in the league and to then do this...

Unreal.

The irony of introducing stricter procedures around voting processes and obligations of clubs to be actively involved in the league and to then do this...

Unreal.

There was no way enough support for it to be considered. Most views that I recall were “we don’t think we should be mandating how clubs engage with their players”, but we agreed we need to improve some clubs involvement in certain matters.

There was no formal call to vote on these, it was just a discussion topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evening respected members of the SFA community and NaturalDisaster,

Tonight I am announcing a significant rule change that will completely transform the way team sheets are submitted. From Round 3 onwards, players will be separated by slashes instead of dashes.

B: BP / FB / BP
HB: HBF / CHB / HBF
C: W / C / W
HF: HFF / CHF / HFF
F: FP / FF / FP
FOLL: RU / RR / RO
INT: INT / INT

This is the common solution that will end serial_thrilla's senseless crusade to punish those who have less than 20-20 vision in his rants about em-dashes and en-dashes.

Also I added a new section to the rules.

TL;DR version - it is now compulsory to post your match thread activity stats in your team thread regularly and I've given myself the power to remove committee members that fail to perform their role because the last thing we want to tolerate within SFA leadership is laziness and incompetence.

Danke schon
auf wiedersen

I came back for this s**t???

Ah here they are damicky:

3D) Administrator Conduct - Abuse of Power & Incompetence
If a player feels the administrator is blatantly abusing their power or failing to fulfil the duties then they may contact all SFA captains stating their case:
  • If the half of Committee (Currently: 7/13) believe the Administrator is corrupt or incompetent they obtain the right to open an application process for any potential challengers to the Administrator position. A Committee vote will take place within two weeks on whether the Administrator retains the position or the challenger is preferred.
  • If the significant majority of Committee (Currently: 10/13) in the belief that the Administrator is corrupt or incompetent they can forcibly remove the Administrator of their position and open an application process for a new Administrator immediately. A spokesperson within the Committee will be appointed by the representatives as a caretaker Administrator during this process. The ousted Administrator cannot apply.
3E) Administrator Conduct - Veto Of An Executive Decision

The Veto is a right of the Committee to block/reverse a decision that the Administrator has exercised unilaterally in relation to the amendment or application of the league rules. Where a Committee Representative believes that the Administrator has made such a decision that would have a negative effect on the league or is contrary to the spirit of the rules' intended purpose they may propose a Veto.

If the proposal is seconded by another two Committee Representatives, then a vote involving the entire Committee is to take place. A majority vote (Currently: 7/13) will allow the Committee to block or reverse an Administrator's decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back