Scandal Cy Walsh not guilty of murdering Phil Walsh due to mental incompetence

Remove this Banner Ad

That is technically correct but not really. Being found not guilty in this manner has ramifications equal to that of prison.

I found it interesting that the toxicologist said that he did not have any substances in his body at the time. So much for the "widely believed rumours".

She said there were two occasions when doctors told her son to continue to take his medications, but had not alerted the family of his need to so.

accepted the opinions of forensic psychologists that Cy Walsh suffered from undiagnosed and untreated schizophrenia.

Prescribed medication for mental illness. Undiagnosed schizophrenia. But Bigfooty intellects translate this to "if I were homeless I would murder someone". Ok.

Cy has come out alright in all this.

Disgusting how well we treat murderers.

If I was homeless I would murder someone.
Umm maybe not

This ice addict gets Yatala , Walsh gets James Nash. Why?

A homeless man who murdered his partner in an Adelaide car park was on an "ice bender" when he hit her with a metal pole and fled with her money, the Supreme Court has heard.

The body of Rose-Marie Sheehy, 32, was found in a business car park storeroom off Greenhill Road at Unley in May 2015.

Her partner, Jason Luther Curtis, 32, has pleaded guilty to murder.During sentencing submissions Curtis' lawyer Bill Boucaut said his client became addicted to drugs including methamphetamine from a very young age and "couch-surfed then ended up on the streets as pretty much a hopeless addict".

Why wasn't his condition addressed before he killed his father?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly disrespectful to speculate and suggest alternative outcomes for the trial as more deserved when we are not, and cannot be in possession of the relevant information. The legal process has been followed, and without being involved in the trial itself, we should respect the outcome due to our comparable ignorance.

He's not free to roam the streets. He's going to be locked up in a psych ward for most likely the rest of his life. It's not a ******* picnic.

Our mental institutions are massively underfunded. He will be out as soon as doctors believe he is not a danger to others. If he is only a danger to himself that is actually okay.

Every murderer should be able to plead not guilty on the basis of mental incompetence then, I'd argue every murderer is mentally incompetent, Not premeditated.

That's what separates you from those who have undertaken years of study in the respective fields to be experts and trusted by the courts to provide an opinion on the mental capacity of defendants at the time of the crime.

Unless of course you too are a medical expert?

Every murderer should be able to plead not guilty on the basis of mental incompetence then, I'd argue every murderer is mentally incompetent, Not premeditated.
they can plead all they like. the court will use expert medical opinions to make the determination and despite what edward norton movies teach us, i'd say it's nearly impossible to fool the judge and their appointed experts into thinking you're insane.

That's what separates you from those who have undertaken years of study in the respective fields to be experts and trusted by the courts to provide an opinion on the mental capacity of defendants at the time of the crime.

Unless of course you too are a medical expert?

Welcome to an opinion based world, A forum.

they can plead all they like. the court will use expert medical opinions to make the determination and despite what edward norton movies teach us, i'd say it's nearly impossible to fool the judge and their appointed experts into thinking you're insane.

If you murder someone on a whim it's my opinion your mental state is absolutely flawed and compromised.

My opinion.

Clearly your instincts are to be a ******* that passes judgement on something s/he knows little about, including all the relevant empirical information those in the trial were party to that is not public.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Get off the internet if you can't handle unqualified opinions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back