• Nomad

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Street kid

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

All the collector's editions have been sold out. Will be interesting to see if they do another MK11 and have heaps available after release.

I'll be all over a CE if it involves those E3 jackets. Apparently they're going to be making similar style jackets for purchase.

anything 2 do with Keanu gives chicks boners
This looks good though and mine is half hard an swelling

I have concerns dialogue wise. It is a little bit cringeworthy for me. Still going to be a day one purchase.
Basically every game that takes itself seriously and/or acts as some sort of social commentary (such as Cyberpunk 2077) inevitably ends up being a cringefest.

The most talented writers in the world aren't in the video game industry. I don't know why they try to kid themselves into thinking they can create something poignant, hard-hitting and memorable.

This game looks too 'cinematic' to me as well.

I think we can thank Roger Ebert for all this garbage. Every AAA title tries so hard to be considered a piece of art now that they just end up aping respected art forms such as cinema.

And as G Mus said, the theme is edgy to begin with. Now they've thrown in Keanu Reeves, it's obvious that they're just pandering to the reddit crowd who will gladly shill anything for free. Easy advertising and a smart move, I guess.

Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid have been aping cinematic styles for decades. I am not sure AAA video games could exist without aping narrative cinema.

we've gone 180 degrees and gone from cdpr can do no wrong no one will accept any s**t talking of them to, s**t talking cdpr and cyberpunk is the cool thing to do now.
The only edgelords are people trying to be cool 'oh i never liked cyberpunk y'all are shills'

Witcher 3 alone has sold over 20 million copies, I doubt they need 'free advertising' on Reddit

Haha, what genre doesn't have cringey elements?

Writing has never needed to be a strong point of games given the way you interact in this medium. Doesn't stop it from being a great experience.

There's certainly been a shift in how CDPR are promoting this game, they have extra funding, invested in a new marketing team and we'll be seeing a lot of promotions for this game.

Don't think they're catering to any one crowd, but Cyberpunk is a VERY niche genre so they're working hard to push it to the masses who've probably never interacted with the genre before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do these collectors editons ever increase in value?
Very rarely. Better off waiting until 12 months after the game has come out and someone will be selling it on eBay for less than half. (if you really wanted the statue).

Mainly Nintendo games hold their value the best.

Basically every game that takes itself seriously and/or acts as some sort of social commentary (such as Cyberpunk 2077) inevitably ends up being a cringefest.

The most talented writers in the world aren't in the video game industry. I don't know why they try to kid themselves into thinking they can create something poignant, hard-hitting and memorable.

This game looks too 'cinematic' to me as well.

I think we can thank Roger Ebert for all this garbage. Every AAA title tries so hard to be considered a piece of art now that they just end up aping respected art forms such as cinema.

And as G Mus said, the theme is edgy to begin with. Now they've thrown in Keanu Reeves, it's obvious that they're just pandering to the reddit crowd who will gladly shill anything for free. Easy advertising and a smart move, I guess.

On the whole I guess, but there are exceptions - TLOU and God of War come to mind, both took themselves very seriously and I found both poignant and memorable.

The commentary around this game is whats cringe, its really getting to ludicrous levels now. Its not gonna be the next coming of christ or re-define how the medium tackles body image or something, its not supposed to.

Its a ****ing video game (in all likelihood a really good one). Whole lotta people would do well to remind themselves of this.

On the whole I guess, but there are exceptions - TLOU and God of War come to mind, both took themselves very seriously and I found both poignant and memorable.

The commentary around this game is whats cringe, its really getting to ludicrous levels now. Its not gonna be the next coming of christ or re-define how the medium tackles body image or something, its not supposed to.

Its a ****ing video game (in all likelihood a really good one). Whole lotta people would do well to remind themselves of this.
Society is fast running out of real problems so we create new ones out of nothing. I hate to think of how offended people are going to get 20 years from now.

Society is fast running out of real problems so we create new ones out of nothing. I hate to think of how offended people are going to get 20 years from now.

The real problems are still there, it's just easier to manufacture new ones now thanks to social media. It used to just be "family groups" (aka church groups) who used to go all Helen Lovejoy in the media with some "won't someone think of the children?" type stuff, now any idiot can start that stuff, and platforms like Reddit that encourage bandwagoning don't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back