Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Street kid

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are the cutscenes skippable?

Why is so hard to just play games these days?

Why would you want to skip cutscenes and miss the story?

Because I don't have time or interest to be in first person 24/7.

In that sense it isn't even a cutscene, it's just a non playable part.

All good games should have transcripts of cutscenes available in the menu anyway to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because I don't have time or interest to be in first person 24/7.

In that sense it isn't even a cutscene, it's just a non playable part.

All good games should have transcripts of cutscenes available in the menu anyway to read.

I quite like the way Witcher did it - press to skip a section of dialogue, hold to skip the entire scene.

Hmm - it was Witcher with that setup wasn't it?? Or am I thinking of something else.

Story driven games are absolutely for me as are lengthy and frequent cutscenes. Just make it aesthetically pleasing to watch. You wouldn't watch a film or even a TV show that's entirely first person (ok, maybe peep show, but it uses multiple perspectives).

I don't get it The Witcher 3 was 3rd person.

I can't find the article now, but I know the devs spoke about why they went FPS.

In the Witcher they had to create every room in a certain way so that when entering in TPS you didn't have things blocking the way.
The camera perspective seemed to interfere when entering rooms.

FPS alleviated this and gave them more options when creating interiors.

(The article explains it better, I'll try find it)

I can't find the article now, but I know the devs spoke about why they went FPS.

In the Witcher they had to create every room in a certain way so that when entering in TPS you didn't have things blocking the way.
The camera perspective seemed to interfere when entering rooms.

FPS alleviated this and gave them more options when creating interiors.

(The article explains it better, I'll try find it)

Haven't read the article but it makes sense. Inside the game engine absolutely everything is an object. The camera object is attached to the player object. Without creating a whole heap of collision checks and logic to adjust the camera it would clip into everything like crazy if just left at a fixed position. It's not hard for a professional to do and hard to believe it was a major reason for the design choice, but it's something that makes sense. All I have ever read is that they want the most immersive experience possible, which is why they have catagorically shut down any idea of third person when suggested. It initially had me bummed too but I'm happy to trust their decision and look forward to playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back