Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Incoming downgrade for this gen. I'd personally rather they just ditch and and release as launch title for the Xbox and PS5.

Great in theory but impossible in practice. 100 million PS4s in the wild and around 50 million XB1s, they'd be leaving probably 95% of their potential income on the table initially.

Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2004
New Eden
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Great in theory but impossible in practice. 100 million PS4s in the wild and around 50 million XB1s, they'd be leaving probably 95% of their potential income on the table initially.

Don't know how trustworthy the source is, but rumour is its delayed due to running like s**t on current gen consoles.

Incoming downgrade for this gen. I'd personally rather they just ditch and and release as launch title for the Xbox and PS5.

They'll just do what Rockstar did with GTA V and re-release it on next gen. Best of both worlds and max profit.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Just annoyed more than anything, it’s now going to come out around a very busy time, and this is the sort of game I’d love to have just had a couple of months to really sink hours into it.

The delay most likely is due to issues of it running on current gen consoles, can imagine the 2013 PS4 and Xbox Ones may struggle with it.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I find that late last gen titles are almost equal to new gen launch titles anyway. By the end of a consoles life people know how to squeeze everything out of it.

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
I just upgraded my monitor to a wider resolution so the silver lining is new graphics cards will be out before this now :cool:
Actually i recently upgraded my computer except for the graphics card (have a 1070) so I might have to do that before it comes out too.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Delay away. This game could be something really special.

Gives me more time to play Witcher 3. I'm only 10 hours in lol. Was hoping to get through most of it by April. Now I can take my time!
Wind's howling

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
If I'm not mistaken, Zelda: OoT had the biggest impact of any video game to date, on its release. I'm wondering whether Cyberpunk will eclipse the awe people had when OoT came out.

But then we've got Doom Eternal just around the corner as well, and according to people who've had early access, that game is going to be groundbreaking for the FPS genre.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

Consoles are basically PC's in a box now.

You can still play older PC titles on newer hardware make sense for Sony and MS to follow the same route.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
While I don't doubt that this was further delayed for performance and polish reasons which are also convenient because now they can also launch it on next gen consoles, I'm still of the opinion that a large reason was that NVIDIA wanted CDPR to hold off to release their 3000 series GPU first as they are partners.

I am even more convinced after I saw this Tweet and NVIDIA replying with a blurry image of a graphics card which looks to be in Cyberpunk colours. Not sure if it's their next gen or just a Turing card though. Given NVIDIA's event is next month hopefully we find out more then. Might even get some new Cyberpunk info

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
While I don't doubt that this was further delayed for performance and polish reasons which are also convenient because now they can also launch it on next gen consoles, I'm still of the opinion that a large reason was that NVIDIA wanted CDPR to hold off to release their 3000 series GPU first as they are partners.

I am even more convinced after I saw this Tweet and NVIDIA replying with a blurry image of a graphics card which looks to be in Cyberpunk colours. Not sure if it's their next gen or just a Turing card though. Given NVIDIA's event is next month hopefully we find out more then. Might even get some new Cyberpunk info

Money hungry grubs, ill take 2!

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Money hungry grubs, ill take 2!

Not for sale, but you can win them!

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Not for sale, but you can win them!

Ahh thought it would Be a 3000 series, not overly interested then.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Ahh thought it would Be a 3000 series, not overly interested then.

Kind of thought so from the first blurry teaser because of the twin fans. I still think they'll do something for the 3000 series as this will be NVIDIA's big chance to really push ray tracing.

Apparently at GDC next month all of Intel, NVIDIA and AMD will be getting together on a panel to work together with ray tracing going forward. Given the next consoles will support ray tracing with their AMD parts Cyberpunk will probably be front and centre as a showcase imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back