Multiplat Cyberpunk 2077

Do you think that this game will eventually live up to its hype?

• Yeah

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 29 69.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd absolutely LOVE to know the full story, we're never going to hear it and will only ever get the one sided arguments from that Schreier who clearly has far too much of an agenda to truly be believed.

But one thing I noted from the new story out about the development, is that they seemed to try and scale up too quickly. This is something I'd been theorising with my co-workers over the past month or so. Thus they've effectively lost the processes and pipelines that they had in place. My guess is they've brought on a ton of juniors or just completely overwhelmed and under-experienced programmers as way too much of what I've seen is just bafflingly poor from a programmers perspective.

I have no doubt plenty of stuff was "known" and decided it was too small or not reproducible enough to fix prior to the game coming out. But some of these issues are just things that seem poorly implemented. As you said, the items that are constantly floating in world space, or not interactable. That stuff, to me, isn't a "testing" issue, it's a programmer issue and the way it was put in. It's stuff that from a top down level hasn't had the time and love it needed, it almost seems like it was a "throw it in and see how it goes" more than "this is the way it's meant to operate".

There's definitely room for QA not to find things though, which is where this theory of only or heavily external QA has me very interested. Because if that's true, I can see why a lot of issues made it's way through.

Dealing with external QA vs Internal QA is literally as worlds apart as you could want. Internal follows the game every day, generally knows the ins and outs, knows a lot of the code that's attached (whether they "know" the coding is irrelevant they get decent insight on what's going on and what's going wrong) and can often have far more of an impact day to day as well.

External QA, basically is there to make sure a game passes through certification. You may get the odd "balancing" issue or genuine bugs. But put simply, the focus and knowledge isn't there.

I would place the blame more so on the programmers end...but programmers are gonna probably blame QA. :p

I've had a QA role before (not in the games industry) and I feel like the game suffered massively from scope creep

My guess is they've brought on a ton of juniors or just completely overwhelmed and under-experienced programmers as way too much of what I've seen is just bafflingly poor from a programmers perspective.

I have no doubt plenty of stuff was "known" and decided it was too small or not reproducible enough to fix prior to the game coming out. But some of these issues are just things that seem poorly implemented. As you said, the items that are constantly floating in world space, or not interactable. That stuff, to me, isn't a "testing" issue, it's a programmer issue and the way it was put in.

Hahaha there was one thing I wanted to mention but it might have seemed too pedantic or know it all'y, but that part made me want to say it anyway. I remember every time I killed a robot in this game and I had trouble looting it unless I spammed the loot button and ran around it looking for the sweet spot. However I could climb on top of the dead robot. It reminded me of every time using Unreal or Unity and the corpse of an NPC would block my movement or I couldn't click through it or not would interfere with my ray casting etc. It was because I hadn't programmed the lines to remove the physics component on death. I experienced this before all of the other minor things while playing Cyberpunk and all I could think was ".... You're kidding me? They have really done that too?"

I brought the PS4 version of this for 80 bucks. Played it once and never again. Now I'm not a tight ass, and can live with wasting $80 (I do worse on the punt most weekends) but I really hope they fix this mess. I want this game to be great one day...

End of the year if you're on new gen console.
That's ****ed, glad I held off buying it

This is the latest 'No man's Sky'

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

In some ways the game and cd project red deserve the criticism and memes it cops.

Never have I've seen a game so overhyped in my life
Yep, which is surprising after how hyped NMS was. The new canary in the coal mine is any game selling mech before it is released or hyping their pre release game awards.

I've played it for 2-3 hours but not since a few days after Christmas, despite all the negative feedback - it might just be the lack of immersion that makes me give up on it.

I'll probably go trade it in while it still holds some currency. :rolleyes:

I felt the same way. Just couldn’t get into it for some reason. I don’t think any fixes/updates can fix that. Returned it on XBL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m currently playing Witcher 3 GOTY and it’s far, far from bug free. I think there’s some rose coloured glasses there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m currently playing Witcher 3 GOTY and it’s far, far from bug free. I think there’s some rose coloured glasses there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wouldn't have thought so. Witcher 3 was well known for its bugs but they also quickly addressed them. Besides Roach being a campaigner to ride.

Don't think I had a single crash on Witcher 3 and never played it thinking how s**t it looked compared to how good I was shown it was going to look.

Is it safe to play this on PS5 yet?

Stability wise both next gen consoles are fine, but if you're waiting for the best experience and are in no rush I'd honestly just forget about the game for a while and wait for the major updates and next gen patches later in the year.

IGN did a performance comparison just before the recent 1.1 patch dropped so if I want to see how PS5 specifically performs then this is actually pretty good and worth watching

Back