Multiplat Cyberpunk 2077

Do you think that this game will eventually live up to its hype?

• Yeah

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 29 69.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing on PC and it's ******* glorious. New 6800 is crushing it on ultra and aside from a few minor graphical bugs that you see in any open world game this ridiculously big I haven't had a single problem.

Blind Freddy could see this was going to be a shemozzle on last gen consoles, only a fool gets a new gen AAA game on old hardware.

Playing on PC and it's ******* glorious. New 6800 is crushing it on ultra and aside from a few minor graphical bugs that you see in any open world game this ridiculously big I haven't had a single problem.

Blind Freddy could see this was going to be a shemozzle on last gen consoles, only a fool gets a new gen AAA game on old hardware.

Reckon that's a bit harsh on those that did, they were told it would run fine.

Welp, just finished the main story. Stopped doing side quests in the end and just mainlined it (actually seemed to be getting more hard crashes than early on weirdly enough, PS5) so just got the 'default' ending, wasn't able to get any help from friends for the last mission. Think the story was pretty great, but yeah the level of polish and mechanics you'd expect just isn't there.

Ive got this theory that open world/RPGs are just more suited to medieval/fantasy/post apocalyptic environments. Sparse environments and no need for 1000s of NPCs, no vehicles etc. I guess is what I'm saying - mostly just wilderness with a few bigger towns, light sources from a handful of fires or whatever. Versus a city environment like this, with 100s of light sources, billboards and reflections. But having said that, I reckon the environment is one of the best things about it. Night City is incredible, intricately designed spaces and corners hiding around every corner with some great verticality, most of it under-utilised really. Nailed the look and vibe IMO.

Crafting is extremely superfluous, which is the opposite of what it was in The Witcher 3. In The Witcher, you basically HAD to craft, you needed to upgrade armour, needed to make potions. All of that stuff was effectively essential and I doubt most would've been able to get past many sections without it. I've literally gone into crafting once, there's just no need for it.
Really, it's a very un-RPG, RPG game. You really could equate it far more to a GTA than I was expecting going in. Other than the immense amount of dialogue, there's not a hell of a lot more that strikes this a part from any of your usual action games, which all have RPG elements sprinkled in these days anyways. Hell, Assassin's Creed is far more RPG than this is, right now.

So much this. Finished the game without crafting a thing or enchanting err modifying a single weapon. With Witcher I remember crafting and uprading armour constantly, taking potions, applying oils to swords for differnt enemy types etc. Its just non existent in this, any appropriate level weapon will do the job. Actually once you get the Widowmaker tech rifle all combat becomes kinda trivial really for any enemy type or level, that thing is way OP lol

And yeah it really is more GTA than RPG, which definitely wasn't the line they were pushing.

The world is incredibly well put together, but why do I get to 'talk' to basically every NPC in this world and they give me some generic, non sensical response that means nothing and adds absolutely nothing to anything! Why not just take that 'talk' button away?

Just a staple of RPGs these days isn't it? Last one I played (The Outer Worlds) was exactly the same, and you can guarantee if it wasn't there people would be complaining the other way about being able to talk to no-one outside of missions.

Last edited:

Welp, just finished the main story. Stopped doing side quests in the end and just mainlined it (actually seemed to be getting more hard crashes than early on weirdly enough, PS5) so just got the 'default' ending, wasn't able to get any help from friends for the last mission. Think the story was pretty great, but yeah the level of polish and mechanics you'd expect just isn't there.

Ive got this theory that open world RPGs are just more suited to medieval/fantasy/post apocalyptic environments. Sparse environments and no need for 1000s of NPCs, no vehicles etc. I guess is what I'm saying - mostly just wilderness with a few bigger towns, light sources from a handful of fires or whatever. Versus a city environment like this, with 100s of light sources, billboards and reflections. But having said that, I reckon the environment is one of the best things about it. Night City is incredible, intricately designed spaces and corners hiding around every corner with some great verticality, most of it under-utilised really. Nailed the look and vibe IMO.

So much this. Finished the game without crafting a thing or enchanting err modifying a single weapon. With Witcher I remember crafting and uprading armour constantly, taking potions, applying oils to swords for differnt enemy types etc. Its just non existent in this, any appropriate level weapon will do the job. Actually once you get the Widowmaker tech rifle all combat becomes kinda trivial really for any enemy type or level, that thing is way OP lol

And yeah it really is more GTA than RPG, which definitely wasn't the line they were pushing.

Just a staple of RPGs these days isn't it? Last one I played (The Outer Worlds) was exactly the same, and you can guarantee if it wasn't there people would be complaining the other way about being able to talk to no-one outside of missions.
You mean you didn't do all of the Panam side quests?

my main gripe with the story was the having a timebomb in your head that will kill you but having an openworld where you can fap around doing sidequests. I found that really dumb.

The main story was good and compelling but combining that with an open world didn't work as it breaks imerssion that the whole you have to hurry or you die story is pointless imo

Thats every open world game ever though to a degree. Hey main character, we got a location on that thing you've been looking for all game, get over there! Yeah sweet, but hey I just met this complete random, let me go fetch his lost necklace real quick :tearsofjoy:

I'd say the biggest disappointment is the lack of life path differentiation. The fact that, I believe it's now been found that there's basically an exclusive mission per life path and otherwise it's literally just minor dialogue differences throughout is purely pathetic. You build up this whole thing as the sole reasons to have multiple playthroughs yet I can see everything pretty much within the first hour then just youtube that one extra mission. Why not make it that the character skill progression can only go one way with certain life paths (or it costs more? Why in the hell can a Corpo be a 'street brawler', this just goes against the philosophy of what you're offering), why not have actual tangible differences throughout the game? Why is it so damn lacking!

Dunno if its been 'found' - wasn't this the one thing they were upfront about? Sure I remember reading that lifepath would only effect the first few hours of play.

But yeah I like your idea heaps better than what we got (different skills/combat being locked to different lifepaths).

So you were a Judy person then.

giphy.gif

Definitely did all those sidequests lol

Should also mention my plan is to replay once the proper PS5 version is out later in the year, will do absolutely everything then.

Thats every open world game ever though to a degree. Hey main character, we got a location on that thing you've been looking for all game, get over there! Yeah sweet, but hey I just met this complete random, let me go fetch his lost necklace real quick :tearsofjoy:

I've never played one that was hey you're going to die in weeks at most though.

By the end it's almost like hey you have hours to live...oh yeah fine go do random side quests you are immune to this time bomb unless you trigger the main quest

Would have been much better story to figure out the chip early one and then make the rest about getting revenge or something to do with silverhand

By the end it's almost like hey you have hours to live...oh yeah fine go do random side quests you are immune to this time bomb unless you trigger the main quest

Would have been much better story to figure out the chip early one and then make the rest about getting revenge or something to do with silverhand

Yeah like I said, to a degree. Agree its a tad more onerous and immersion breaking in this.

Did you not play....

RDR2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I assumed you did. Hope you didn't have ambitions too and I haven't given away some of the story line.

You've totally ruined it for me :p

I'll play it eventually to put it in perspective I bought the first one when it came out and finally finished it maybe 6 months before 2 came out so i'm not in any rush

Found more time to play this recently. Scratching an open world itch in a way that I find less annoying than fallout 4.
Not a fan of being given a million quests every time I take a couple of steps, from people I've never heard of. I'm more confused by the phone and quests system than I am the inventory. And I don't give a s**t about buying new cars.
Game world certainly captures a certain scummy undercurrent. I haven't followed NPC's around but they all seem to be aimless window dressing.

Honestly doubt that, they only announced it was gonna be first person well into development.

I reckon it was meant to be 3rd person before they realised they had no hope of doing proper cinematic cut scenes and getting it out before about 2025.
I'm sure they mentioned both options being available early on. I much prefer some 3rd person game play.

I really should finally open this now that hotfixes have started. How's it looking now (on PC)?

Back