Cyril! A huge highlight for us against the Dogs ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
He's been a huge highlight for us today, really stunning performance. We're going to lose, but there have been some positive signs.

We were actually well ahead in hitouts in the first half - we're getting carved up now. 7 - 2 in clearences, they just said, for this qtr. I really hope Bailey can get up and stay up. Renouf is playing pretty well, but he just can't do the job for the entire game.

Re: Cyril! A huge highlight for us today ....

;) He was too good for words today. Hope he can keep up the madness against Collingwood, going to need it I reckon!

Re: Cyril! A huge highlight for us today ....

One of the few players that stood out today for us. He really should be put up as a standard for these other new kids to aspire to play like.

Re: Cyril!

24 disposals, 11 contested, 6 tackles, 4 goals 1 behind, but once again stats don't do him justice.

Player of the match imo.

Seconded. Just awe inspiring, I thought Griff was going to have a conniption with the harrassment he was getting from Cyril. I'm sold, can we have him? :D

Well played, btw, hope to see you guys in the finals. :thumbsu:

EDIT: That other kid you guys have, Peterson I think, is going to be one hell of a player.

Seconded. Just awe inspiring, I thought Griff was going to have a conniption with the harrassment he was getting from Cyril. I'm sold, can we have him? :D

Well played, btw, hope to see you guys in the finals. :thumbsu:

EDIT: That other kid you guys have, Peterson I think, is going to be one hell of a player.

Cheers mate, I'd say the first three rounds have given an indication of how September is to travel (provided injuries don't intervene too heavily).

St. Kilda/Bulldogs/Geelong/Hawthorn are all in the mix, and should provide for a dramatic month (not just a game or two) of finals. I like the way you guys go about it, and I can't wait to see our boys goading Barry Hall again. :p

Cheers mate, I'd say the first three rounds have given an indication of how September is to travel (provided injuries don't intervene too heavily).

St. Kilda/Bulldogs/Geelong/Hawthorn are all in the mix, and should provide for a dramatic month (not just a game or two) of finals. I like the way you guys go about it, and I can't wait to see our boys goading Barry Hall again. :p

Add Pies and Lions to that mix - if those 6 teams make it in, look out!
...and hell, even Dees if they keep playing like they have been. :p

Yeah, I got a bit nervous when Baz threw the ball at your guy. Makes for an exciting game when he's playing. Anyway, I'm shutting up so you guys can get back on topic. :)

Add Pies and Lions to that mix - if those 6 teams make it in, look out!
...and hell, even Dees if they keep playing like they have been. :p

Yeah, I got a bit nervous when Baz threw the ball at your guy. Makes for an exciting game when he's playing. Anyway, I'm shutting up so you guys can get back on topic. :)

I'll believe it when I see with the Pies. Their problem has always been lack of spine, I haven't seen much more of it, faux bravado aside.

As for the Lions - will have to see them play quality opposition first, when the ball doesn't make it to Browny and Fev so easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Cyril! He's been a huge highlight for us today ...

Made the loss easy to digest. He was like Messi in that he looked several classes above everyone else out there.

Scrap the current gameplan, kick it to Cyril.

Yep, second that. Still not sure why we had Picken tagging Chance all day, instead of this bloke..

Maybe because Bateman is our only player at the moment that can break the lines in the midfield with his constant run. Hopefully clinton young can add to that next week.

Yep, second that. Still not sure why we had Picken tagging Chance all day, instead of this bloke..

I don't really know if tagging Cyril will be of much use. It's pretty damn hard to tag Ablett, and Cyril's evasive skills are every bit as good as Gazza's.

He was like Messi in that he looked several classes above everyone else out there.
:thumbsu:

That's pure gold. I'm using that if you don't mind?

After 7 years, I've finally found a worthy sig...

I don't hear the clowns that were rubbishing early comments that he might be as good as Ablett anymore saying much - hell, I was shouted down for saying that he was going to be at least as good as Kerr was in his heyday.

Cyril has toughness now too - that Cross fendoff/clash was something else, he lined the guy up with the kind of expolsive power Pickett used to cave guy's heads in with. Difference being of course that Cyril had the ball.

Cyril has toughness now too - that Cross fendoff/clash was something else, he lined the guy up with the kind of expolsive power Pickett used to cave guy's heads in with. Difference being of course that Cyril had the ball.
... and of course the fact that he is too short to hit anyone in the head so the whole don't bump thing does not apply to him.

He's been a huge highlight for us today, really stunning performance. We're going to lose, but there have been some positive signs.

We were actually well ahead in hitouts in the first half - we're getting carved up now. 7 - 2 in clearences, they just said, for this qtr. I really hope Bailey can get up and stay up. Renouf is playing pretty well, but he just can't do the job for the entire game.

I kid you not, there is a poll on BigFooty asking members to choose between Cyril and Kruezer... I K I D Y O U N O T...

I kid you not, there is a poll on BigFooty asking members to choose between Cyril and Kruezer... I K I D Y O U N O T...

:)

There was a context behind that thread, in that Carlton supporters are constantly talking about how much a better pick up Kreuzer was.

It seems that the consensus was that a gun tall is better than a gun tall. Having said that, the poll was answered mostly before today's game. ;)

(I voted for Cyril btw - Krezuer's merely a very good ruckman who's developed quickly)

Extraordinary. He was on another level today.
Could be anything.

Simply a gun. No point tagging him. Never seen anyone with recovery he has. Without him today, you lose by 6 goals...no disrespect intended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back