Toast Cyril "Pele" Rioli

Bayer_

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Shiny Penny
Dec 23, 2008
Inner East
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cyril's goal definitely worth it's own thread. Hope someone can post a You Tube vid.

Never thought Buddy's second running goal v Essendon would or could be beaten for GOTY, but Cyril's today certainly has to go close.

Yeh, nah. Freaky shots and party tricks don't rate as highly as long plays. Buddy's goal was the best of the decade.

Swanny36

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Collingwood
Just watched it........Wow, that is insane, love the guy he is going to be one of the best
players in the comp in the next couple of years..

Pretty exciting stuff from Cyril.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Haven't seen a pure volley shot like that for many years. I can't remember the last time somebody had scored something like that in the AFL.

aquila

Senior List
Feb 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Like lloyd's goal a couple of years ago, a great goal, but shouldn't win it. The problem with buddy's goal is that people will forget the context of the goal, the fact that it was the fourth quarter (tiredness), the closeness of the scores, the fact that hawthorn was pretty much shot and it seemed that buddy was trying to defeat essendon by himself and finally the fact that there was an essendon player on the line so that he couldn't just dribble it through but had to put it in the air.

I will be spewing if it doesn't win.

Dec 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man City, Box Hill Hawks
Like lloyd's goal a couple of years ago, a great goal, but shouldn't win it. The problem with buddy's goal is that people will forget the context of the goal, the fact that it was the fourth quarter (tiredness), the closeness of the scores, the fact that hawthorn was pretty much shot and it seemed that buddy was trying to defeat essendon by himself and finally the fact that there was an essendon player on the line so that he couldn't just dribble it through but had to put it in the air.

Unless there is an unbelievable goal kicked in Round 22, I would think Buddy has it in the bag.

cam975

Team Captain
Jun 12, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

That Lloyd goal was a farce. Drop kicks are no longer allowed. Should have been a free for incorrect disposal. You can't drop the ball on the ground and then kick it. Worst goal of the year ever.

Great 2008

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hard to separate Buddies two for GOTY. If the first one does not win it the second one will. :)

Aug 10, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That Lloyd goal was a farce. Drop kicks are no longer allowed. Should have been a free for incorrect disposal. You can't drop the ball on the ground and then kick it. Worst goal of the year ever.

I thought that the one that Lloyd kicked with the back of his boot, that won the GOTY, was a disgrace. It really took some skill to kick that one!!
(she says sarcastically):eek:

Back