Rumour Cyril Rioli, his wife and Kennett

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard from a source that last year Cyril and his wife attended an event at an Kennett’s home. His wife came wearing ripped jeans and was given $200 and told by Kennett to “go get something decent.”

Cyril “raged” over it, and was given compulsory leave at the same time as his Dad’s heart issues last year.

He has held a strong grudge since and was quoted by my source as saying “I never want to play for hawthorn again” and thus retiring and moving back home.

Make of it as you will, but there’s been some smoke surrounding Rioli and how he’s been treated by Hawthorn as of late.

edit: Confirmed by Barrett on TFS to have happened at an airport and to be a joke made in poor taste. Been dealt with apparently.

Last edited:
Heard from a source that last year Cyril and his wife attended an event at an Kennett’s home. His wife came wearing ripped jeans and was given $200 and told by Kennett to “go get something decent.”

Cyril “raged” over it, and was given compulsory leave at the same time as his Dad’s heart issues last year.

He has held a strong grudge since and was quoted by my source as saying “I never want to play for hawthorn again” and thus retiring and moving back home.

Make of it as you will, but there’s been some smoke surrounding Rioli and how he’s been treated by Hawthorn as of late.
Except he did play for Hawthorn again...

Is your source a player on the Philippines basketball team?

Except he did play for Hawthorn again...
I know this. Source didn’t specify when he said that, but I’m assuming as of recent, possibly something else happened? Who knows.

Just passing what I heard on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a month ago, it was at the airport, and it was supposedly a joke in poor taste that was dealt with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back