Rumour Cyril Rioli meets with Stuey Dew to discuss an AFL comeback with the Suns

During games yep he was. Odd moment of brilliance, followed by nothing much. Get about 8 touches a game.

2008 Grand Final Cyril Rioli takes on 3 cats players

or

cyril-rioli-2-e1498163726508.jpg

This is inaccurate. He could sign with the club of his choice as an SSP selection.
Oh yeah because any previously listed player is available to be selected without draft nomination, good pick up

Would just mean Gold Coast will need to be down a list spot after the trade and draft periods

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If any merit- don’t do it Cyril. Stewie Dew and Rioli completely different athletic styles, Cyril would find he cant maneuver his way around the ground quite like he used to, and his poor old hamstrings wouldn’t last more than a handful of games I don’t think. I don’t think it would be a worthy comeback.

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There's some element of truth to this - they have been in talks but my (admittedly limited) understanding is it's more to do with a back office/mentoring role to do with indigenous programs.

There's some element of truth to this - they have been in talks but my (admittedly limited) understanding is it's more to do with a back office/mentoring role to do with indigenous programs.
Nah makes too much sense.

Fwd pocket or bust.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's not coming back.

If anything, there may be a meeting to do with the NT next gen academy or something. Coaching or scouting role or similar.

He's not coming back to play. He's an "old" 31 year old by conditioning and injury history standards. List sizes are being cut.

Back