Autopsy Déjà vu vs Suns 14 point loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Never really in it apart from a small burst in the 3rd?

That last quarter we just kept kicking it to Suns players in the middle probably the easiest win Daw has had.

Struggling here uhh the turnovers hard to fathom what we are practicing literally just kick to advantage to the opposition all the time.

Kinda still speechless after watching that lol.

Hope im wrong but i dont think this team has it to go anywhere near a premiership you cant keep turning the ball over that many times by foot.

Hayward and McLean, at least, to go for COR and Hickey. Stephens maybe in for JPK, but Horse will probably give Bell another go.

A couple of losses on the trot, sitting at 5-3 and some want to put the cue in the rack for the season... We didn't play well today but the board is in top form.

Really disappointing effort all over the park, simple as that. Nobody really stood up. I thought we might run over the top of them at 3Q time but they came out and punched us in the mouth and we fell apart playing catch up.

Hickey will make a big difference to the side and Papley still needs to find form.

I've been a big defender of Lloyd and Rampe in the past but both are lucky we don't have better options to bring in.

Florent is not a defender and it showed today. Lost in no man's land too often.

Paddy was solid bringing the ball down for the most part but he needs to stick to hoofing the ball as far as he can out wide instead of trying to drop it into space. He simply can't get it right.

Up forward I don't think we can carry McLean, Hayward and McDonald as they each have a tendency to disappear. Of the 3 I think McLean offers the least.

A couple of losses on the trot, sitting at 5-3 and some want to put the cue in the rack for the season... We didn't play well today but the board is in top form.

Really disappointing effort all over the park, simple as that. Nobody really stood up. I thought we might run over the top of them at 3Q time but they came out and punched us in the mouth and we fell apart playing catch up.

Hickey will make a big difference to the side and Papley still needs to find form.

I've been a big defender of Lloyd and Rampe in the past but both are lucky we don't have better options to bring in.

Florent is not a defender and it showed today. Lost in no man's land too often.

Paddy was solid bringing the ball down for the most part but he needs to stick to hoofing the ball as far as he can out wide instead of trying to drop it into space. He simply can't get it right.
I thought Ollie was pretty good.
To be honest I thought the defence was better.
Rampe played ok.

It was at stoppages where we struggled...oh and kicking the pill away. Constantly.

That's a cranky loss. Gold Coast played well.

Flood the corridor, beat us at the contest and we'll beat ourselves with kicking. Spent so much time in our defensive half, pinned in. Make it close and umpires will give you a hand. SCG makes it easier for teams to expose our flaws for sure.

If we're going to be an elite kicking side. We need elite kicking. Interesting to see how the young guns respond because this s**t is on them these days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Ollie was pretty good.
To be honest I thought the defence was better.
Rampe played ok.

It was at stoppages where we struggled...oh and kicking the pill away. Constantly.
Fair enough. Think I'm probably just zeroing in on a couple of mistakes from each that happened up my end.

But yeah, turnovers were horrific across the board

I can cope with losing to a better side like the Lions.

What I don't enjoy is when we underestimate our opposition and don't put in maximum effort like today. It's not respectful to both our opposition and our football club.

Some very few positives though.

• Florent in the backline is working nicely.
  • Blakey (a few off disposals aside) is continuing to develop.
  • Warner keeps going, even after a mistake.
  • McDonald is coming along and will be a future star at this club.
  • I don't think we can play worse than that.

Too many passengers, intensity was down. Knew we were gone after 15 minutes. And then there's the poor kicking.

Lots to do this week Horsey.

Too many passengers, intensity was down. Knew we were gone after 15 minutes. And then there's the poor kicking.

Lots to do this week Horsey.

Lots to do but nothing is going to get done. I mean does anyone honestly see Horse dropping a big named player like Lloyd?

Also guys like Heeney. Today's performance is exactly why he isn't elite as elite players don't have games like that.

Lots to do but nothing is going to get done. I mean does anyone honestly see Horse dropping a big named player like Lloyd?

Also guys like Heeney. Today's performance is exactly why he isn't elite as elite players don't have games like that.
He kicks those 3 goals instead of behinds though

After about half time I started watching it like a reserves game.

Our game plan and team cohesion are all off and I have no idea what the cause or the solution is, but I don't think we can keep playing the same way hoping to get better.

Florent, Rowbottom, McDonald, and Papley were all good, although inconsistent. Once again let down by our senior core.

If I only see one change next week it's Lloyd up the ground away from kick ins.

After about half time I started watching it like a reserves game.

Our game plan and team cohesion are all off and I have no idea what the cause or the solution is, but I don't think we can keep playing the same way hoping to get better.

Florent, Rowbottom, McDonald, and Papley were all good, although inconsistent. Once again let down by our senior core.

If I only see one change next week it's Lloyd up the ground away from kick ins.

What senior core? Lloyd and Rampe were OK, Parker showed up, and JPK is being phased out

I can cope with losing to a better side like the Lions.

What I don't enjoy is when we underestimate our opposition and don't put in maximum effort like today. It's not respectful to both our opposition and our football club.

Some very few positives though.

• Florent in the backline is working nicely.
  • Blakey (a few off disposals aside) is continuing to develop.
  • Warner keeps going, even after a mistake.
  • McDonald is coming along and will be a future star at this club.
  • I don't think we can play worse than that.
That sounds like a challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back