Opinion D Swallow / Coniglio / Whitfield / O'Meara. Rank who will be best by career end.

D Swallow / Coniglio / Whitfield / O'Meara. Rank who will be best by career end.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
which order would you take these 4 players by career end?

all the best mids from the last 3 drafts.

How is anyone really meant to meant to have a clue? Answers basically just go off who the most highly rated of them are.

It's like saying who's going to be best out of Gibbs and Pendlebury after their first year. Everyone that's not Collingwood would say Gibbs.

O'Meara for his all round attributes shapes as the best prospect for me as well.

Then it gets a little harder, Swallow super midfielder but lacks the others extreme polish IMO.
Whitfield is more outside than the other three. Marks him down.
Congilio while he quick he isn't a feak athelete, he's just super smart and highly skilled.

Bennell has actually shown a lot at AFL level.

O'Meara stresses me out on potential, so damn fast.

He excites me:hearts: From what I've seen of Jaeger, that is spot on. Other players are considered very quick if they can get 5 metres clear of congestion before other players can react. Blink and O'Meara's more like 10 - 15 metres clear. Lightning off the mark. Bennell could also end up the best of the lot. Time will tell.

He excites me:hearts: From what I've seen of Jaeger, that is spot on. Other players are considered very quick if they can get 5 metres clear of congestion before other players can react. Blink and O'Meara's more like 10 - 15 metres clear. Lightning off the mark. Bennell could also end up the best of the lot. Time will tell.
Hopefully after a bit of time in the AFL system I think a few people are in for a shock with the speed in which he reacts and his athletic ability.

Whitfield or Cogs are streets ahead of the other two. I think Whitfield will end up no 1 of the quartet when all is said and done.

Whitfield or Cogs are streets ahead of the other two. I think Whitfield will end up no 1 of the quartet when all is said and done.
Both ahead at the moment which would be expected, who knows by the end of the season. Jaeger would be in the All Australian squad discussion at this early stage of the season. Maintains this form for the entire year and he will be right in the discussion with the other two.

I mean sure, two players crippled by the GC injury factory and two GWS players. GC managed to run Swallow, Bennell and O'Meara into the ground. Never see one club destroy so many first round picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently Cogs and whitfield 1 and 2, but helped by the fact they play in a great team with stars all over the park. Dare I say if O'Meara had been playing for GWS last 2 seasons, would be going veryyyy well indeed. Swallow is nothing compared to these blokes, major stuff up by the suns

Currently Cogs and whitfield 1 and 2, but helped by the fact they play in a great team with stars all over the park. Dare I say if O'Meara had been playing for GWS last 2 seasons, would be going veryyyy well indeed. Swallow is nothing compared to these blokes, major stuff up by the suns
Swallow isn't as good as these 3, but no way is he 'a major stuff up'. Bloke bleeds for our club, avg's 22 touches this season and the players at the club love him. Has also started kicking goals this year as well. Will never be a A+ mid, but is a combative competitive mid who can go forward and kick a goal. More than happy to have him at the club.

Swallow isn't as good as these 3, but no way is he 'a major stuff up'. Bloke bleeds for our club, avg's 22 touches this season and the players at the club love him. Has also started kicking goals this year as well. Will never be a A+ mid, but is a combative competitive mid who can go forward and kick a goal. More than happy to have him at the club.

when i say major stuff up I just mean out of these 4 players swallow is clearly the worst. Good player, but whitfield is second to sicily as most influential defender in the league, and coniglio/omeara just better midfielders

what happened with scrimshaw. Blokes gonna be a jet for us and barely copped a gig for you
Wasn't invested, was made evident to the club towards the beginning of last season he wanted to leave. Can only assume Dew didn't want him running around in the 1's for us.

Wasn't invested, was made evident to the club towards the beginning of last season he wanted to leave. Can only assume Dew didn't want him running around in the 1's for us.
fair call well your culture seems on track ill say that much

JOM has all the talent to be the #1. Wouldn't even be a question if he didn't have those injuries. A player with his enormous talent and incredible resolve should be a brownlow medalist right now.

Hopefully his body holds up. Has had a huge year and still <100 games.

Right now it's no question

Coniglio > Whitfield > JOM > Swallow

JOM has all the talent to be the #1. Wouldn't even be a question if he didn't have those injuries. A player with his enormous talent and incredible resolve should be a brownlow medalist right now.

Agree

Agree with:

JOM on an upward trajectory, and in the absence of Mitchell, may switch with Whitfield at some point.

Will be nice bump for us next year if that happens. Having 1 and 2 ;-)

Agree with this

Back