West Brunswick v Glen Eira - 1 goal
MHSOB v Parade - 3 goals

Reserves
Eltham v Prahran - 4 goals
Emmaus v Bulleen - 4 goals
Yarra Valley v Hawthorn - 3 goals
West Brunswick v Glen Eira - 1 point
MHSOB v Parade - 5 goals

West Brunswick the team to beat this year. Some very handy picks ups and a great game plan to suit. Probably would be up a division if not for the very sad and unfortunate event at their club last finals series.

West Brunswick the team to beat this year. Some very handy picks ups and a great game plan to suit. Probably would be up a division if not for the very sad and unfortunate event at their club last finals series.
Think it will be the tightest it's been in years, very much looking forward to the season

Potentially, but i saw Preston play in that grand final, and when they get on a big ground, they are very hard to catch and beat, which is why they were so good in all finals, just a thought

]Seniors
Eltham v Prahran - 25 goals
Emmaus
v Bulleen - 1 goal
Yarra Valley v Hawthorn -6 goals
West Brunswick v Glen Eira - 11 goals
MHSOB
v Parade - 4 goals

Word being peddled is that the two Blues believe they have the team to win D1, and see 2017 merely as a "Praccy Season" prior to return.

In the battle for Second this year, watch for GE Saints/Monash Gryphons to be competitive, now competing in the grade they should have been in last year. Like the Eagles flag of 2006, last years efforts whilst noteworthy will always carry an asterix.

Throw a blanket over the rest, should be a cracking year. Away wins will be at a Premium this year.

My ladder

Praharan 72 (give them the Cup)

For the Four

GE Saints
MHSOB
Parade
YV

Battling away

WB
Hawks
Emmaus
Eltham
Bulleen

]Seniors
Eltham v Prahran - 25 goals
Emmaus
v Bulleen - 1 goal
Yarra Valley v Hawthorn -6 goals
West Brunswick v Glen Eira - 11 goals
MHSOB
v Parade - 4 goals

Word being peddled is that the two Blues believe they have the team to win D1, and see 2017 merely as a "Praccy Season" prior to return.

In the battle for Second this year, watch for GE Saints/Monash Gryphons to be competitive, now competing in the grade they should have been in last year. Like the Eagles flag of 2006, last years efforts whilst noteworthy will always carry an asterix.

Throw a blanket over the rest, should be a cracking year. Away wins will be at a Premium this year.

My ladder

Praharan 72 (give them the Cup)

For the Four

GE Saints
MHSOB
Parade
YV

Battling away

WB
Hawks
Emmaus
Eltham
Bulleen

WB will be up there for sure, i'd think they'd be looking for a double chance opportunity
MHSOB finally look like they are ready to make finals and a statement after 2 seasons of underachieving in D2 in my opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

S
I don't think the amalgamation had they're best side in
Strike me as the type of club that would run with that line after any loss. Merge with a D2 club at the first hint of anything slightly looking like hard work, gifted a flag in D3 by headquarters and then claim "xx of our best players out".

Prahran doing it on the bit and MHOSB & YV winning like good things.

S

Strike me as the type of club that would run with that line after any loss. Merge with a D2 club at the first hint of anything slightly looking like hard work, gifted a flag in D3 by headquarters and then claim "xx of our best players out".

Prahran doing it on the bit and MHOSB & YV winning like good things.

Beaten by the better side on the day. WB on top easily for 2 and a half qtrs and deserved winners. No excuses, work to do.

Long season and looking forward to the return game.

Bulleen temp with a huge win.. Did hawthorn have a bad day or are they really good?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I was told 14 players from Hawthorn's GF side from last year are no longer at the club.
Going up a grade and losing 14 players from your starting 22 could be a disaster,not sure how they have recruited, maybe someone from the Hawks could provide more info.
Good luck to them, it might be a tough year ahead.

Good to see Turtles struggling. If you are paying $15k for a coach you would expect them to be more prominent

I'd say by looking at the draw they have had a tough start. Prahran and WB both thought by some (not this author) to be near the top end.

GE and Prahran maybe seen as an upset but I'd suggest that was a GF preview. The upset of the round would have to be MHOSB down to YV. Bad kicking = Bad Footy.

Couldn't imagine there'd be too many tears shed throughout the Association if the Hawks are in for a tough year. Sh****g on and disrespecting opponents on the way up is never forgotten. Be interesting to get a a straw poll on club's in D2-D4 over the last 5 years of most disliked club. Kudos as would clearly have the most winning record of any side across that period, but not a lot of silverware to show.

I'd say by looking at the draw they have had a tough start. Prahran and WB both thought by some (not this author) to be near the top end.

GE and Prahran maybe seen as an upset but I'd suggest that was a GF preview. The upset of the round would have to be MHOSB down to YV. Bad kicking = Bad Footy.

Couldn't imagine there'd be too many tears shed throughout the Association if the Hawks are in for a tough year. Sh****g on and disrespecting opponents on the way up is never forgotten. Be interesting to get a a straw poll on club's in D2-D4 over the last 5 years of most disliked club. Kudos as would clearly have the most winning record of any side across that period, but not a lot of silverware to show.
The Hawks are in the same class as FarKew

Good to see Turtles struggling. If you are paying $15k for a coach you would expect them to be more prominent
Not sure where your figures came from or what the Turtles are actually paying but that is probably the standard for a coach these days. Wouldn't think many Senior coaches are on much less than that and i know many of PLENTY more.

Regardless nice to see paharan knocked off. Maybe they should send a few undercover players to the special Olympics. I know they dont mind breaking the rules to try and get success.

Not sure where your figures came from or what the Turtles are actually paying but that is probably the standard for a coach these days. Wouldn't think many Senior coaches are on much less than that and i know many of PLENTY more.

Regardless nice to see paharan knocked off. Maybe they should send a few undercover players to the special Olympics. I know they dont mind breaking the rules to try and get success.

Some coaches are definitely on less, especially D4, but i know of 1 coach who refuses to get money from the club which i heard at the VAFA awards night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back