D2 D2 Section 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RC seem like early relegation favourites, especially with no munro
And St Johns undoubtably the team to beat now
Agreed. The top 3 look like they will cement themselves in the finals early on in the piece. Be interesting to see who fills the 4th spot with both YV and MHSOB having slow starts. Eltham have put themselves right out of the picture. Bulleen sitting with 12 of possible 16 points but are not convincing in the slightest. Could Emmaus be the Leicester of D2 ammos and have a fairy tale year, doubt it.
Preston
St Johns
W Brunswick
YV

BT
MHSOB
Emmaus
Eltham
Richmond

Agreed. The top 3 look like they will cement themselves in the finals early on in the piece. Be interesting to see who fills the 4th spot with both YV and MHSOB having slow starts. Eltham have put themselves right out of the picture. Bulleen sitting with 12 of possible 16 points but are not convincing in the slightest. Could Emmaus be the Leicester of D2 ammos and have a fairy tale year, doubt it.
Preston
St Johns
W Brunswick
YV

BT
MHSOB
Emmaus
Eltham
Richmond

4th spot is open to YV i think, i see them making it
Cant see Eltham getting relegated though, however, after years in D2, a restart could almost be the best thing for them

4th spot is open to YV i think, i see them making it
Cant see Eltham getting relegated though, however, after years in D2, a restart could almost be the best thing for them

FWIW Eltham College have the potential to be playing Premier grades! but unfortunately lose way too many to the Northern League with guys getting money for nothing and chicks for free.

FWIW Eltham College have the potential to be playing Premier grades! but unfortunately lose way too many to the Northern League with guys getting money for nothing and chicks for free.
same issue for parade college i think, i dont think they retain many first class younger players judging by their juniors and where their seniors could be, issue with the Northern league would effect a team like that too

it is officially past the point in the season where its just a bad start for the turtles

What is it about Eltham that gives them the potential to play in premier grades??? Surely the fact that they loose players to the NFL isn't the only thing holding them back... every club (even D4 clubs) have players poached from leagues that pay. NFL, SFL, EFL, EDFL, WRFL and loads of country leagues.

What is it about Eltham that gives them the potential to play in premier grades??? Surely the fact that they loose players to the NFL isn't the only thing holding them back... every club (even D4 clubs) have players poached from leagues that pay. NFL, SFL, EFL, EDFL, WRFL and loads of country leagues.
because they have looked like a top 3 side for about 5 years but find magical ways to lose when they absolutely shouldnt
see last year vs the wicks

because they have looked like a top 3 side for about 5 years but find magical ways to lose when they absolutely shouldnt

All seems a bit harsh to pot a side for being competitive over a number of years. I'd doubt they'd be the only side that had looked the goods in the Divisions during the year and not taken the chocolates. At least to be potted in this way, must have been giving themselves a shot at the title, and without being there have no chance. Would much rather lose in a final, with the chance of winning than not making it. At 0:5 not a great start, but have not been embarrassed at all, will likely see them causing a few headaches during rest of season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That might have got them to D1, but I'm still not sure how that makes them a candidate for premier football.

That might have got them to D1, but I'm still not sure how that makes them a candidate for premier football.
maybe not premier grades, but definitely could have been a competitive D1 team pushing a grand final if they had their time again. they've always had some good talent and a good game plan, its just little things every year which causes a slip up and keeps them in D2

Eltham vs YV - YV will not let this one slip with a loss sending them back to the pack
Richmond vs St Johns - Pretty routine this one for St Johns, could get ugly for the snakes
BT vs Emmaus - Must win for both clubs to stay in touch with top 4, BT yet to lose at home
Preston vs MHSOB - Preston in a canter

Good luck to all sides tomorrow, we're in for an old fashion day of football with high winds and maybe some rain.

why is there hate on eltham about their integrity now?
I have only seen them play a handful of times, i would say their physical, but putrid and other terms seem to be more personal

Generally discussions are started by supporters who attend games, the lower divisions of the ammos get minimal support due to not being allowed to have a beer at the game. Hence the lack of action on big footy. That is my take on it anyway, club officials or players are unlikely to post anything juicy.

Generally discussions are started by supporters who attend games, the lower divisions of the ammos get minimal support due to not being allowed to have a beer at the game. Hence the lack of action on big footy. That is my take on it anyway, club officials or players are unlikely to post anything juicy.
division 1 and 4 are flying though, baffles me a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back