D2 D2 Section 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this board should talk about something besides Eltham? Getting absolutely pathetic.

Got a ripper comp going on and most posts are directed at them or their facilities.
agree, whats your thoughts so far this season?

FWIW tough day at the office for the Snakes ressies......well done though for turning up and having a crack.

Stinker of a day on top of a tough season at the Snake Pit, put out a call to arms on Thursday night in order to field a team. We were on the other end of a result like that only 2 years ago against South Mornington, it goes to show how quickly things can change.

Lots to learn from this year and we'll only be better for it.

Stinker of a day on top of a tough season at the Snake Pit, put out a call to arms on Thursday night in order to field a team. We were on the other end of a result like that only 2 years ago against South Mornington, it goes to show how quickly things can change.

Lots to learn from this year and we'll only be better for it.
Where did all the players go? There reserves played in the finals last year and now on the end of a 50 goal thumping? Im sure they club will bounce back though.

Where did all the players go? There reserves played in the finals last year and now on the end of a 50 goal thumping? Im sure they club will bounce back though.

Not this year. Sadly they're going to have to regroup in D2.

Are St Johns a bit off at minute.... loss to Preston then a couple close victories

Not this year. Sadly they're going to have to regroup in D2.

Are St Johns a bit off at minute.... loss to Preston then a couple close victories

I'd say yes and no. they are still winning and getting the job done, but nowhere near as dominant. The race for 2nd and the the double chance is interesting at the moment

I'd say yes and no. they are still winning and getting the job done, but nowhere near as dominant. The race for 2nd and the the double chance is interesting at the moment
And MHSOB would be kicking themselves, may have lost their finals spot after dropping to BT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melb High went in complacent against BT and got their just dessert. Fourth spot could go down to the wire. Melb High and Yarra V play each other in round 17 before Melb High take on west Brunswick in last round where as Yarra take on Bulleen Temp in last round

Melb High went in complacent against BT and got their just dessert. Fourth spot could go down to the wire. Melb High and Yarra V play each other in round 17 before Melb High take on west Brunswick in last round where as Yarra take on Bulleen Temp in last round
Race for 4th is

Battle for 4th is very interesting now
ESL have seem to fallen off a cliff, not sure how they went from dominating last season, and arguably being better than WB to not looking threatening at all, did they lose players?
Battle for 2nd is still on, but WB should lock it up
Teams 6-8 this season were very interesting, often challenged the top teams, but often got smashed randomly as well

Preston continue to impress me in Snrs and Ressies. Absolute flag chance in both divisions. Extremely well coached teams.
Can't see anyone being in the GF other than W B and st Johns.
Watched snakes v turtles- strong win by the terrapins- be good if they played the ball, rather than the man- a win is a win

Can't see anyone being in the GF other than W B and st Johns.
Watched snakes v turtles- strong win by the terrapins- be good if they played the ball, rather than the man- a win is a win
Played for the Snakes on the weekend, didn't consider the turtles to be playing the man instead of the ball.
Just standard footy, nothing untoward in my view.

Played for the Snakes on the weekend, didn't consider the turtles to be playing the man instead of the ball.
Just standard footy, nothing untoward in my view.
Never mind Spewie and his boring and unfounded Eltham bashing. Game was played in good spirits.
Why the big drop off for the snakes this year? Seem to be in a better position than most clubs in that you have a club 18 who made finals. A lot of other teams struggling to fill two teams

Never mind Spewie and his boring and unfounded Eltham bashing. Game was played in good spirits.
Why the big drop off for the snakes this year? Seem to be in a better position than most clubs in that you have a club 18 who made finals. A lot of other teams struggling to fill two teams
I dont know the situation, but losing D-Roy certainly doesn't help when he was perhaps the most important player to any team in the league last season except for Boundy, but the wheels have fallen off for sure. I watched them 3 times this season, and they have a few boys more interested in fighting than football which is sad to see

I dont know the situation, but losing D-Roy certainly doesn't help when he was perhaps the most important player to any team in the league last season except for Boundy, but the wheels have fallen off for sure. I watched them 3 times this season, and they have a few boys more interested in fighting than football which is sad to see

D-Roy was obviously a big loss, we lost about 6 of our top 10 from last year for all differing reasons (College football, moved overseas etc.), but not one of them to another club. Injuries, unavailability and the ever increasing mid season overseas trips has seen us play more than 60 blokes in the seniors this year.

There is a lot to be learned from this season and I'm sure we'll bounce back strongly in D3 next year, the wheels are already in motion. The Clubbies have been fantastic this year, helping us out when there have been times where we would have had to forfeit the reserves.

As for boys more interested in fighting, it seems to be a pretty common theme on these forums that clubs are dirty, I never think that personally. One thing I love about playing in the Ammo's is how clean it is in comparison to other suburban leagues or country leagues. There are always going to be boys who like a biff, but apart from one bloke being suspended for a stupid act earlier in the year, I wouldn't say they're more interested in fighting. We like to play tough footy at the Snake Pit, but certainly do not condone anything outside of the rules.

D-Roy was obviously a big loss, we lost about 6 of our top 10 from last year for all differing reasons (College football, moved overseas etc.), but not one of them to another club. Injuries, unavailability and the ever increasing mid season overseas trips has seen us play more than 60 blokes in the seniors this year.

There is a lot to be learned from this season and I'm sure we'll bounce back strongly in D3 next year, the wheels are already in motion. The Clubbies have been fantastic this year, helping us out when there have been times where we would have had to forfeit the reserves.

As for boys more interested in fighting, it seems to be a pretty common theme on these forums that clubs are dirty, I never think that personally. One thing I love about playing in the Ammo's is how clean it is in comparison to other suburban leagues or country leagues. There are always going to be boys who like a biff, but apart from one bloke being suspended for a stupid act earlier in the year, I wouldn't say they're more interested in fighting. We like to play tough footy at the Snake Pit, but certainly do not condone anything outside of the rules.

Relative to other leagues the ammos are good, just noticed a few scuffles from a few, but a majority of the team is doing the right thing, especially in such a tough year, it would be tough for RC, but credit to them for filling two teams each week in a year where a lot hasn't gone right

But i think next year they'll regroup in D3, and hopefully push up again the next year after that, they seem to have a knack in the past for recruiting players and being competitive

How good is this last round, nothing beats an upcoming finals series where literally nothing is set in stone other than St. Johns having the double chance
YV would beat richmond centrals you would think, so you think they secure their place
MHSOB has literally everything to play for and will throw everything at West Brunswick in a game that could decide both 2nd and 4th spot
Preston can still finish 2nd, and will hope for Melbourne to win, or for them to make up 10% against Eltham (probably wont happen), even considering that Eltham has given Preston some trouble in the past so a Preston win is far from a certainty

How good is this last round, nothing beats an upcoming finals series where literally nothing is set in stone other than St. Johns having the double chance
YV would beat richmond centrals you would think, so you think they secure their place
MHSOB has literally everything to play for and will throw everything at West Brunswick in a game that could decide both 2nd and 4th spot
Preston can still finish 2nd, and will hope for Melbourne to win, or for them to make up 10% against Eltham (probably wont happen), even considering that Eltham has given Preston some trouble in the past so a Preston win is far from a certainty
YV play BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back