D3 D3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of the game was the Uni guy sent off ? , #25 was off the ball but a free kick was sufficient.
The uni boy was winded but I don't think there was any contact to the head, umpire saw it and paid a free kick.

Off the ball hit.
Wasn't it still within the 5 meters of the ball?

Was probably not necessary but only deserved a free kick.
This is the AFL's fault as we are now more worried about what happens to the player after the contact has happened, is he unconscious, is he bleeding, is he able to continue etc. before I make a decision on what to do with the player who made contact.

Realistically Centrals seen a chance to rattle the opposition and it didn't work, the games over move on the better side won.

Off the ball hit.

This is the AFL's fault as we are now more worried about what happens to the player after the contact has happened, is he unconscious, is he bleeding, is he able to continue etc. before I make a decision on what to do with the player who made contact.

Realistically Centrals seen a chance to rattle the opposition and it didn't work, the games over move on the better side won.
Totally agree with this post, we all hate the deliberate out of bounds rule but we all appeal for it !. Don't take the contact
out of our game, sure we don't want king hits but as soon as anyone shows any type of aggression it's deemed as dirty ?.
The boy was winded not decapitated.

Totally agree with this post, we all hate the deliberate out of bounds rule but we all appeal for it !. Don't take the contact
out of our game, sure we don't want king hits but as soon as anyone shows any type of aggression it's deemed as dirty ?.
The boy was winded not decapitated.

I seen it live, not on the video so to me it was ok.
It's like when we watch footy on the TV, when we see it live it looks fair but as soon as they show a replay and slow it down it looks bad.

I watched it on the VAFA site and after reading all the comments I have to admit that I was expecting something a lot more severe.
Emotions have got the better of some ;)

I watched it on the VAFA site and after reading all the comments I have to admit that I was expecting something a lot more severe.
Emotions have got the better of some ;)

I seen a few other "hits" out there that were worse than that and yet have not even been mentioned.
Was already of the thought some had some agendas.

Was a pretty good game and some people did do some things they may not be proud of today, but hey that's footy.

I seen a few other "hits" out there that were worse than that and yet have not even been mentioned.
Was already of the thought some had some agendas.

Was a pretty good game and some people did do some things they may not be proud of today, but hey that's footy.
Can you tell me when did the Uni player get sent off, thanks.

Sorry to say I was actually getting a pie and a can of drink.
I believe it was in the second quarter?
There was another incident in the third that should have been talked about that was about 50 meters off the ball that left a player on the ground for a while.

I'm pretty sure it was the 3rd quarter. I'll see if I can find the time on the footage.

Just watched this bump. It was off the ball, the bloke wasn't looking but my god, I was expecting that he had used an elbow to the head after everyone's reactions on here.

100% a free kick, but nowhere near reportable. Collected the body.

Watch from the 10 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. It's at about 10:10
Ok just watched it and the Uni high hit to the back of the head is in MY opinion far worse !.
Hit's him in the back of his head with a fist and for mine we got the right result from the umpire, send off and possible suspension.
What stood out to me in this incident if you look closely only 1 or possibly 2 uni teammates at the most went in to support
their player which suggests to me that they also didn't approve of his act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez how long have Powerhouse been wearing that awful jumper? Didn't mind their old one.

As for a few hits in a reserve GF, who cares. Sounds like both sides have guilty parties, not that it should even matter in a grand final. I'd have killed someone to win a grand final if I had to when I was playing.

Well done to Uni. Form great all season. Good depth for both 1s and 2s to get the wins. Good sign to go up to Div 2.
How many did RC qualify in the end and still not enough?

Ten of the RC reserves faithful (from Round 18) who played close to 90 games for the year (no games in the seniors) found themselves surplus to needs, come the Semi Final. A further 3 missed out on the GF.

Ten of the RC reserves faithful (from Round 18) who played close to 90 games for the year (no games in the seniors) found themselves surplus to needs, come the Semi Final. A further 3 missed out on the GF.
So you're saying that RC didn't drop players back to qualify them in the latter rounds yeah?

Reckon you are well named. Think he means 100% the opposite.
Oh My

THE EYE

:oops:
The eye doesn't have much of an eye for sarcasm...

I think you'll find that I knew what he meant and I was suggesting that if blokes were dropped from the round 18 team, then RC clearly weren't dropping players back to qualify them.

Our senior team was decimated by injury in round 18 and there were 7 players eligible for the reserves playing seniors that day. Realistically, 6 of those 7 would not be walk up starts in our best team and they were all called up to play because of injury/unavailability of the senior team.

From the round 17 teams, players were called up to seniors yet no one was dropped to the reserves. Not exactly the strategy you would use to qualify blokes.

Off the ball hit.

I had to look a few times to catch it as both players are not involved in the play. 7 minutes to go in a GF that is pretty much lost, and so he senselessly runs 5 metres at full pelt away from the flow of play, pole-axes into an opposition player who is stationery, looking downfield. Dangerous and not brave act.

I'm pretty sure it was the 3rd quarter. I'll see if I can find the time on the footage.

Just watched this bump. It was off the ball, the bloke wasn't looking but my god, I was expecting that he had used an elbow to the head after everyone's reactions on here.

100% a free kick, but nowhere near reportable. Collected the body.

Bias is showing here. Off the ball and the bloke wasn't looking when he got courageously shirtfronted by the coward. This is the definition of a charge and front on contact BUT you think not reportable? Glad others have posted to say the opposite. Yours is a 1970s mentality!

Also found another one in the second quarter No 31 Richmond punches an unknown player being held on the bottom on the pack by 3 tired snakes. Tipping he wouldn't do it face to face! The more I watch the worse it gets. Understand the Uni team was unbeaten and am pleased they remained that way.

THE EYE

Oh My

Snakes Die

:huh:

Bias is showing here. Off the ball and the bloke wasn't looking when he got courageously shirtfronted by the coward. This is the definition of a charge and front on contact BUT you think not reportable? Glad others have posted to say the opposite. Yours is a 1970s mentality!

Also found another one in the second quarter No 31 Richmond punches an unknown player being held on the bottom on the pack by 3 tired snakes. Tipping he wouldn't do it face to face! The more I watch the worse it gets. Understand the Uni team was unbeaten and am pleased they remained that way.

THE EYE

Oh My

Snakes Die

Of course I am biased, however I agree that it was an uncalled for bump and definitely worthy of a freekick. Yes, I don't think it is reportable.

There are also others who have commented on the incident who have agreed that it is just a freekick. It is a game of opinions, there will always be differing ones and I stand by mine.

I'm not going to nit pick incidents from the game, I don't even care about the incident that had the UHS bloke reported, it happened and we move on. I'm sure you could go through videos of every game played over the weekend and find things that you deem unsportsmanlike, however you seem to have a bee in your bonnet here and wouldn't be interested in comparing apples with apples.

THE CLEW

Boo Hoo

Poor You

:'(

THE EYE

Oh My

Snakes Die

Not making excuses for 31, but I'm sure it was in retaliation to the kidney punch he copped from behind at 7:12 in the 3rd quarter. I was standing right in front of it. No free kick? That was the start of all the argy bargy... Until then it was a very clean game.

Not making excuses for 31, but I'm sure it was in retaliation to the kidney punch he copped from behind at 7:12 in the 3rd quarter. I was standing right in front of it. No free kick? That was the start of all the argy bargy... Until then it was a very clean game.
Waz, it only matters if a Richmond player does something dirty. Stop being logical, it isn't welcome here.

Just had another look at the tape. Definitely got some contact in the back but went down holding his head [milk the ump job]. The bloke he then hit after the ball in was being held down and certainly wasn't the bloke who shoved him in the back. Gutless to punch someone in the head being pinned down.

Not sure if you are a fence sitter but was the incident involving Number 25 Richmond in the last quarter reportable in your opinion? Don't give us "that old Haven't seen it yet - have a look?

THE EYE

Ummmmmm​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back