D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond Central vs South Mornington - Richmond by 5 goals.
Manningham vs Box Hill North - Cobras by 25 points.
Mt Lilydale vs Monash - Mt.L by 15 points.
Point Cook vs Chadstone - PC by 10 goals.
Swinburne Uni vs North Brunswick - North Brunny to win.

ressies; RC, Mann, Monash, PC & NB.

Well ths is the best round for the season so far... All should be good games, and all could go either way.

RC
BHN
Mon
PC
Swin

reserves

RC
MAN
MON
Chadstone
NB

Bigwaz do you have any idea about the ressies? PC will beat chaddy by 10 goals im picking they are by far a better side

Bigwaz do you have any idea about the ressies? PC will beat chaddy by 10 goals im picking they are by far a better side

I think Monash will come away with the chocolates this weekend against Mt Lilydale. Ressies by 20 goals and ones by 6 goals. Mail is there are a few quality inclusions in both grades with only one or two top liners unavailable.
Looking forward to watching the clash.

I think Monash will come away with the chocolates this weekend against Mt Lilydale. Ressies by 20 goals and ones by 6 goals. Mail is there are a few quality inclusions in both grades with only one or two top liners unavailable.
Looking forward to watching the clash.

I am also looking forward to it. Some selection headaches this week with 5-6 starting senior players back after 2-5 weeks off so be interesting who of these line up in 1s or the earlier game.
Mt Men 5 goal better team at home but Gryphs by 3 points. Reserves game will be ugly.
Great round coming up, some crucial games so good luck to all teams!!

Re: D4 2010

34/40 progressive.

North Brunswick vs Richmond Central - 13 points.
South Mornington vs Mt Lilydale - 33 points.
Chadstone vs Box Hill North - 68 points.
Swinburne Uni vs Manningham - 8 points.
Eley Park vs Monash - 44 points.

39/45 progressive.

Probably the most difficult tipping week we have had so far. A lot of games could go either way.

Richmond Central vs South Mornington - 14 points. RC have a better defence SM have a better attack. Spencer seems to be a good inclusion for the past few games for SM. So he will need to fire if SM are any chance away from home.
Manningham vs Box Hill North - 22 points. Only percentage separates these two teams with BHN being more impressive of late. Penny is kicking plenty of goals and if BHN improve their defensive structure for the remainder of the year I rate them as smokeys of making the finals. They need to win these games if they are to do this.
Mt Lilydale vs Monash - 9 points. The game we've all been waiting for. The cold and the wet could see who wants this game more. Will be a hard at it affair and whoever wins the hard ball will win this game. If it stays dry the Gryphons potent forwards and run will be too much for MtL. If it is wet and windy the MtL midfield will be too strong and they will be singing the song at the end of the day.
Point Cook vs Chadstone - 27 points. If you took Marsh away from PC this would be a pretty close game. He has kicked over 40% of their score and only around 5% would be the difference between these two teams on the ladder. If Chaddy can contain him, they will be a big show to win their first game in awhile.
Swinburne Uni vs North Brunswick - 33 points. NB need to beat teams like this if they wish to stay in contention for the finals. Containing Lucevic and Murphy will prove to be too hard for Swinburne.

Round 9 Preview

Clearly the most intriguing round of the year on paper. One could argue the case for all (bar the Chadstone game) fixtures going either way:

Nth Brunswick over Snakes by 3 pts (Real tossup. The home ground advantage sways it in the Green & Gold’s favour, but I am ready to admit I may have this completely wrong. Cut throat game for both sides, with the loser pushing the proverbial uphill for the remainder of the season. Davor Lucevic will be in comp B & F winning form).
The Rams over the Tigers by 25 Pts (It’s not often that the visitors start such warm favourites at Citation, however Mt Lilydale have earned their right as ladder leaders and should prevail. The Rams superior midfield to prove decisive)
The Demons over Chadstone by 85 Pts (Even though the Synners would see this as an opportunity, they are no match for anyone in the comp and will fall well short again. Daniel Penny may well reach double figures).
Cobras over Swinny by 6 Pts (Another match in which I have no strong conviction. Swinburne’s form has been poor over the past month, but they are at home and are playing a side whose form fluctuates like the wind. Just feel a minor upset is on the cards with Ben Cookson leading from the front).
Gryphons over the Sharks by 31 Pts (Many say this is a danger game for Monash and they may be right, but the Gryphons greatest strength is their depth and any perceived weaknesses will be well covered against an Eley Park team who will give their all. Wal Pocock to prove elusive and spark the visitors).

Round 9 Review

4/5 (36/45 Cumulative)

Richmond Centrals were the beneficiaries of the competition leaders comfortably disposing of teams above them, as they moved to third with a great win over the Green & Golds at Koonung. The Snakes showed great mental toughness in a bruising encounter which leaves Nth with an uphill battle for finals. South and Eley Park had very similar results against very similar opposition, both of whom were challenged at times but showed why they are the competitions leaders. The Tigers and the Sharks will most likely play finals football, but at the moment are well below what is required to have a real crack at the premiership. It seems to be race in two and by Saturday evening the premiership favourites will be outright as the Gryphons and Rams face off in what most believe may be the first of at least three serious contests between the two clubs in 2010. Manningham kept their faint finals hopes alive with a character building away win against a Razorbacks unit that is becoming more blunt by the week. Ditto to the Demons who continued the Synners horror story that has had more chapters than the Jason Voorhees story.

Round 10 Preview

A bumper weekend awaits, once again almost a case for each of the ten teams in action...

Snakes over Tigers by 6 Pts (I tend to think that South are the better side, but they are also very young and inexperienced in big games. Hence, the home ground advantage in enough to sway me in favour of Centrals. Sean O’Connor to star for the home side)
Cobras over the Demons by 21 Pts (Manningham are a far better side at home and there should be no upset here. The margin may be far greater if Sam McCallum has a day out).
Gryphons over the Rams by 11 Pts (Should be a cracker, but my head tells me that the Maroon & Golds will salute at the judge. Will Monash set up with Lee Wells forward or back? To me that is the question that may be defining. If Wells starts in the backline, the Rams will struggle to score, but if he starts forward it might be the match winner that coach Osborne needs. Either way, the Gryphons will have to quell the talents of Andrew Rodwell up forward and regardless of who lines up on him, it is no mean feat. Contested ball wins will be another Key Performance Indicator that Greg Finkemeyer will no doubt stress to his charges as the team who wins in the middle will give their forwards first use. Bring on Saturday).
Point Cook over Chadstone by 86 Pts (Once again it is simply a case of how far not who will win. Aaron Marsh may not even have to be at his best to kick double figures).
Razorbacks over Nth by 3 Pts (I probably shouldn’t be selecting Swinburne as their form has been awful in recent times. However, the fact remain that they are at home and they are a side which on their day can play some damn good football. Once more chance at home although I’ll probably regret it).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Rich.C v Sth.M - Must Win..... Rich.C at home by 6 goals.
Manny v B.H.N - Must win..... I thought B.H.N were a better side than Manny. I'm still waiting for Manny to fire, so will pick them at home this week by 5 goals.
Mt.L v Monash - Should be a good contest!
P.Cook v Chad - P.Cook comfortably by 15 goals.
Swine v Nth.B - Another must win for both sides. The Swines by 3 goals.

2's: Rich.C, Manny, Mt.L, P.Cook, Nth.B.

Round 10:
Agree that this is the best round for match ups so far this season, some great games that could go either way, plus the top of the table clash we've been waiting for.

Richmond vs Sth.Mornington.....I'm going to pick Richmond only because of home ground advantage, but would have swayed the other way if roles could be reversed. Richmond 14 points.
Manningham vs Box Hill Nth.....A dissapointing Manningham outfit so far this year. After all the pre-season hype they generated, most in D4 picked them as a real contender, but a loss this week will truly have them branded pretenders. Manningham 20 points.
Mt Lilydale vs Monash.....I believe a toss of the coin is required here! Monash supposedly getting stronger this week with a few inclusions and Mt Lilydale maybe just a little weaker with a couple of outs. Monash 18 points.
Point Cook vs Chadstone.....Point Cook will be happy to take a big win here and get some confidence around the place. Point Cook 110 points.
Swinburne vs Nth Brunswick.....The looser of this game could find it a bit tough to claw back into finals contention. Nth Brunswick 7 points.

Reserves:
Richmond, Manningham, Monash, Chadstone(heard they may stack), Nth Brunswick.

Making a late charge for the finals? I know they must be desperate for a win, but is that the right way to go about it?

Abba, even if they're going to stack the magoos would they still get a win against any other side? Im not being a smart ass either! I actually think that they would still struggle. Sorry to any Chadstone people who read this. If they did happen to do so I say why the hell not, just a single win for either seniors or reserves would turn out to be a big night for the club.

Rich.C v Sth.M - Must Win..... Rich.C at home by 6 goals.
Manny v B.H.N - Must win..... I thought B.H.N were a better side than Manny. I'm still waiting for Manny to fire, so will pick them at home this week by 5 goals.
Mt.L v Monash - Should be a good contest!
P.Cook v Chad - P.Cook comfortably by 15 goals.
Swine v Nth.B - Another must win for both sides. The Swines by 3 goals.

2's: Rich.C, Manny, Mt.L, P.Cook, Nth.B.
Sneako probably a typo in the 2's by you.
If Mt.L magoos get within 20 goals of Monash Ill mow your lawn every month for a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Chadstone can still field 2 sides they all deserve a game. I have been on the receiving end of some thrashings over the past 10 years.Things turn around. I've been part of humbling defeats, opposition gloating and unsporting taunts, relegation, finals, huge wins ,stirring game turn arounds and premierships. Times change. It's all part of life's rich tapestry. What if, Salesian merged with Chadstone? Div2? Flag?

Good luck to all teams this week. Who knows, thank your lucky stars that you're not part of regular weekly drubbings.

Look at Richmond Centrals. Eh Waz? A few seasons ago the KB crew were regarded as the BYE you turned up for.Now every club turns up for a tough game and no shoe-in that's for sure!
Chaddy have not yet forefited a game have they?

In seasons past and present reserves sides have embarrassed their senior counterparts wth win after win.
Point is, senior wins get the real chocolates.

ROUND 10.
Mouth watering matchup of Mt Lilydale and Monash Gryphons.
A glimps of future days? For sure, tomorrows game is not too important seeing neither club have met in recent years. Home ground advantage or best fielded team on the day?
Maybe I'll go with the better depth of the visitors.

Richmond Central to win the "jumper-clash" game.
Box Hill North to just miss out against the Cobras.
Point Cook to have a morale boosting home win.
Swinburne will run Nth Bruns hard but will fall short.Should be a good game.
The Sharks, will have another week to refresh aches and sprains.Lucky ducks!

One more sleep!

Just went back a page or two and noticed no one is tipping the Rams to get the better of Monash....Home ground and ladder leader yet no followers.

Surprised at that actually. You beat us by 83 and they beat us by 82 so I'll say Mt Lilydale by a point!

Will be an interesting game. MtL are probably harder to score against but Monash seem to have a touch more firepower to kick a winning score (not that both teams don't have the ability to do so).

Either way it should be close.

Just went back a page or two and noticed no one is tipping the Rams to get the better of Monash....Home ground and ladder leader yet no followers.

Don't worry Sneako, I tipped MtL by 2 goals.

Can't see how Monash will be able to stop your forward line.

Found any change room worthy quotes sneako? That didn't come from me anyway:)

Seen the game between Mt vs monash today. Great game, accept Mt Lilydayle are dogs. Sean Gibson king hit monash players right throughout the game, aswell as max hampton who was king hitting players all day long.

Monash 2010 flag!!!!

I thought that, for the most part, the Mt Lilydale v Monash game was played in good spirit. Certainly we saw a fast paced game from 2 quick, skilful and commited sides. It was a close contest all day and either side could have won. The umpires (who normally umpire a higher grade) said that they were surprised at the quality of the football in D4. It was a great game to watch and a nailbiter at the finish.

Having tipped Mt Lilydale to win, Ruck Machine and Ozza get the chocloates...

I thought that, for the most part, the Mt Lilydale v Monash game was played in good spirit. Certainly we saw a fast paced game from 2 quick, skilful and commited sides. It was a close contest all day and either side could have won. The umpires (who normally umpire a higher grade) said that they were surprised at the quality of the football in D4. It was a great game to watch and a nailbiter at the finish.

Having tipped Mt Lilydale to win, Ruck Machine and Ozza get the chocloates...

Fast paced... Look like a game of old men on the heavy ground. Hats of to the mountain men who handled the conditions better and were much cleaner with the footy. I didn't think either side were to blame for most of the niggle that went on, was a good contest so going to be a bit of push and shove! However the shreiking woman on the sideline was unbearable, so were the thugs running in their 2s. Monash will take alot away from the game, especially when the nearly pinched it despite having 17 fit players after half time.
Should be a good battle between these two teams, biggest concern will be the dales depth, not one player in their 2s would be close to capable in the seniors

"biggest concern will be the dales depth, not one player in their 2s would be close to capable in the seniors"

Well, thats about it then. 10 rounds into the season and depth of talent will be the decideing factor. On that score, the Gryphons have all the advantage. Still a long way to September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back