D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you back SNEAKO , thought we might of lost you to Video Ezy there for a while . Should be a good games tomorrow , very close all day . Bit of heat on privates coolboy last night . Bit more detective work needed i think .

p.s Not the real 35 , maybe time to start reading a few more text books and dictonary's and stop posting that sort of crap

p.p.s To all fully grown male adults that use smiley , winkey faces etc etc . Man up . Leave that stuff for 12 yr old girls and people from sydney

p.p.p.s When will we see a return of Mt Lilydales best ever boundary umpire . Has been non sited after his pathetic display against point cook

As i have mentioned before i myself did happen to stroll past the ground in which Point Cook hosted Mt. Lilydale and have no memory what so ever of a dismall performance by any of the umpires...
There has been some speculation however that Mt. Lilydale has had to part ways with one of their boundary umpires due to his or her committment to a much greater need - director in change of the water department. It's a important role and one made harder by several "exhausted" players. In particular one male who has two run-with men around him all game - an opponent and a water boy! Hopefully all this water can help him grown a few inches so on his wedding day he doesnt have to stand on a milk crate to peck his lovely lass.

My sources indicate Eley Park had a crack against the Gryphons last weekend in the rain but not quite up to the task. Half time score I believe was Monash 4.13 to Eley Park's 4.0 which indicates who was in command.
The little farrier from Pyramid Hill continues to impress for the Gryphons.
Looking forward to being in Melbourne to watch the match of the year (to date) when Mt Lilydale and the Gryphons clash. Any early predictions/margins?

Mt Lilydale has the form at the moment I'd say. I'll be tipping them.

I think its safe to say that 10 wins will get a side into the finals this year. Maybe even 9?

My sources indicate Eley Park had a crack against the Gryphons last weekend in the rain but not quite up to the task. Half time score I believe was Monash 4.13 to Eley Park's 4.0 which indicates who was in command.
The little farrier from Pyramid Hill continues to impress for the Gryphons.
Looking forward to being in Melbourne to watch the match of the year (to date) when Mt Lilydale and the Gryphons clash. Any early predictions/margins?

EP got within 9pts early in the last until Gryphons kicked away....

As i have mentioned before i myself did happen to stroll past the ground in which Point Cook hosted Mt. Lilydale and have no memory what so ever of a dismall performance by any of the umpires...
There has been some speculation however that Mt. Lilydale has had to part ways with one of their boundary umpires due to his or her committment to a much greater need - director in change of the water department. It's a important role and one made harder by several "exhausted" players. In particular one male who has two run-with men around him all game - an opponent and a water boy! Hopefully all this water can help him grown a few inches so on his wedding day he doesnt have to stand on a milk crate to peck his lovely lass.

Bob the water department lacked your leadership on Saturday. Hoping you will be back after the bye.

Can you be in charge of the water department and also a ski instructor?
Multi tasking at it's best.

R.Centrals 78 defeat Nth.Brunswick 53 - This game was either sides to win going into the last quater, Which seemed to be the case with most games this weekend. R.Centrals would be breathing a little easier now and really could not afford to let this one slide.28 scoring shots to 12 is a fairly big gap. R.Centrals now move to 3rd and Nth.Brunswick are a game behind in 6th.
Mt.Lilydale 99 defeat Sth.Mornington 62 - No real suprise, although I did expect Sth.mornington to keep it a bit closer with so much to play for. Mt.Lildale stay atop of the ladder while Sth.Mornington drop to 5th.
Box Hill North 105 defeat Chadstone 21 - Good win by the Box Boys. Chadstone holding up the D4 ladder and Box Hill North find themselves a game out of finals contention.
Manningham 76 defeat Swinburne 47 - Both sides now also sitting a game out of the finals spots. Going to be a very interesting second half to the season.
Monash 86 defeat E.Park 52 - Monash with 31 scoring shots to 12 will be having a bit of goal kicking practice this week i suspect. They still hold 2nd while E.Park are back in 4th now.

R.Centrals 78 defeat Nth.Brunswick 53 - This game was either sides to win going into the last quater, Which seemed to be the case with most games this weekend. R.Centrals would be breathing a little easier now and really could not afford to let this one slide.28 scoring shots to 12 is a fairly big gap. R.Centrals now move to 3rd and Nth.Brunswick are a game behind in 6th.
Mt.Lilydale 99 defeat Sth.Mornington 62 - No real suprise, although I did expect Sth.mornington to keep it a bit closer with so much to play for. Mt.Lildale stay atop of the ladder while Sth.Mornington drop to 5th.
Box Hill North 105 defeat Chadstone 21 - Good win by the Box Boys. Chadstone holding up the D4 ladder and Box Hill North find themselves a game out of finals contention.
Manningham 76 defeat Swinburne 47 - Both sides now also sitting a game out of the finals spots. Going to be a very interesting second half to the season.
Monash 86 defeat E.Park 52 - Monash with 31 scoring shots to 12 will be having a bit of goal kicking practice this week i suspect. They still hold 2nd while E.Park are back in 4th now.

Wow...Riveting stuff....Where do you come up with this edge of your seat views and thoughts??? Keep 'em coming Goose!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to be hard on Chadstone, but it seems like they aren't going to win a game for the second straight season. The VAFA admin need to help them out. It there anything they could do? Perhaps find them a couple of coaches or off-field support staff?

maybe a season in the clubbies would help chaddy or they could link up with a c-grade club and become there 3rds

I don't want to be hard on Chadstone, but it seems like they aren't going to win a game for the second straight season. The VAFA admin need to help them out. It there anything they could do? Perhaps find them a couple of coaches or off-field support staff?
Weren't RC in a similar situation a number of years ago?

Did the VAFA do anything to help them get back on track? How did they end up getting out of that situation?

Did the VAFA do anything to help them get back on track? How did they end up getting out of that situation?

Coaches/support staff won't be of much assistance if you don't have players to coach/support. My information is that many of their players (at least those who played agianst Monash) were well past their prime. Recruiting some young players should be their first priority.

New committee, new coach, new sponsors, big recruitment drive.

New committee, new coach, new sponsors, big recruitment drive.
Well I'd suggest that Chaddy follow that as a blue print.

I don't think the VAFA admin should step in, nor do i think that they are liable to do so.

A lot of clubs struggle from time to time, and the only way to get back on top is through a lot of hard work and commitment, not through hand outs and charity.

Well I'd suggest that Chaddy follow that as a blue print.

I don't think the VAFA admin should step in, nor do i think that they are liable to do so.

A lot of clubs struggle from time to time, and the only way to get back on top is through a lot of hard work and commitment, not through hand outs and charity.

Couldn't agree more with your comments.

We must remember that there isn't too many clubs in Div 4 that have won a premiership in the last 10 years like Syndal Tally Ho who are now trying to fight for survival!!

I know that if we won the Flag in 2001 like they did (seniors and Reserves) we'd be in a better position as we have the infrastructure to survive, i.e. a good working committee and good club environment (although we have had some shite happen).

Unfortunately for Chadstone, their Syndal days and the ego's involved down there in that time (Burnesy for one) may have been the straws that broke the camels back!!

Also agree that they should do what Mt. Lilydale did a few years back and head to Clubbies for a year, rebuild, and then try again. Even though i don't think much of them (only because of the callibre of some of their past players) i hope they do survive because there are good quality people down their with a love of history and that shouldn't be lost on anyone.

Re: D4 2010

Or you can just call him DOG . Like the rest of D4 does

Pretty harsh Meat Pie!! The bloke did nothing untoward against us when we played them and i reckon he might be being much maligned for a one off brain fart!! (and i don't condone what he did).

I might be wrong about him but there's no masculinity behind calling someone a dog whilst hiding behind a pseudonim!!

I reckon if he's a dog, then the Lort Smith Lost Dogs home might actually find a fair few strays in Div 4 every weekend from what i've seen this year (and that includes guys at my own club who may fall in to this category!!!!)

Couldn't agree more with your comments.

We must remember that there isn't too many clubs in Div 4 that have won a premiership in the last 10 years like Syndal Tally Ho who are now trying to fight for survival!!

I know that if we won the Flag in 2001 like they did (seniors and Reserves) we'd be in a better position as we have the infrastructure to survive, i.e. a good working committee and good club environment (although we have had some shite happen).

Unfortunately for Chadstone, their Syndal days and the ego's involved down there in that time (Burnesy for one) may have been the straws that broke the camels back!!

Also agree that they should do what Mt. Lilydale did a few years back and head to Clubbies for a year, rebuild, and then try again. Even though i don't think much of them (only because of the callibre of some of their past players) i hope they do survive because there are good quality people down their with a love of history and that shouldn't be lost on anyone.

is this the same Andrew burns that is now doing the rounds as a vafa umpire???

Pretty harsh Meat Pie!! The bloke did nothing untoward against us when we played them and i reckon he might be being much maligned for a one off brain fart!! (and i don't condone what he did).

I might be wrong about him but there's no masculinity behind calling someone a dog whilst hiding behind a pseudonim!!

I reckon if he's a dog, then the Lort Smith Lost Dogs home might actually find a fair few strays in Div 4 every weekend from what i've seen this year (and that includes guys at my own club who may fall in to this category!!!!)
He has done this season after season for years. If it is a brain fart he must have plenty of fibre in his diet, because it is not one off.

Mate call it harsh or what ever you want to . Ive seen this Bloke do some terrible things on the footy field .

Yeah great , he was fine against you blokes on the weekend but there has been plenty of other games he hasn't

I find most teams in D4 dont mind a bit of push and shove and general bravado , But this bloke takes it too far . Each to their own opinion number 9 , but i reckon if you took a straw pole most people would agree with me that he's a DOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back