D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramjets surely you jest when you say only one of 20 teams at start of the combined D3/D4 comps can be promoted. You'd never get out.

If split half way how do you grade the draw of teams for the first 10 games. Would be more uneven than D3 now.

And only 1 back out of D2?

Pleassseeee, the promotion demotion system works well. Just cocked up this year by the weak action of Monash/Glen Eira, and lack of fortitude shown by headquarters.

Some strong leadership early would have seen the strategic Alliance compete in D2, then 10 teams, and Parkside stay in Div 4, then 10 in D3 and D4. By making late season decisions about extra demotions (harsh but probably correct), the VAFA have shown that they can make hard decisions. Why not make some hard decisions early.

Surely the other big hearted club St Francis might be due to put their hand up after glowing in their 'premier and champions" season in Clubbies 2 for a year or two.

It will all be decided a week out from Rnd 1 2017.[/QUOTE

No jest think about this how many teams are still in div 3 and 4 after 5 years plus. Some will still be there after ten years what's the difference. Do you think the best teams over the year go up or just the best finals team?

The bottom 10 is about being competitive retain players due to less floggings and having time to build a club.

Seedings are easy based on ladder position from the preceding year. It's just a suggestion but we have to try and help the clubs that are struggling as at least the have had the courage to hang around in Div 4 and have a crack the have earnt the right to some assistance.

I disagree the promotion system works well we spent an extra year in Div 3 and lost every game a few years back when the Hawthorn saga came around.It set our club back two years and now Hawthorn are lauded for their grade progression. The promotion system works well when your club is successful it doesn't assist the club that may be struggling .

Last edited:

Tips for this week

NB v's Masala - NB too strong on their deck, Interesting to see how well Masala can go - (NB by 10 goals)
BHN v's MT.L - Home game for BHN but the wheels have dropped off, if they get some players back will make it tighter (MT L by 5 goals)
MAN v's EP - Match of the round, (EP by 5 goals)
WB v's Chad - Percentage plus (WB by 35 goals)

Tips for this week

NB v's Masala - NB too strong on their deck, Interesting to see how well Masala can go - (NB by 10 goals)
BHN v's MT.L - Home game for BHN but the wheels have dropped off, if they get some players back will make it tighter (MT L by 5 goals)
MAN v's EP - Match of the round, (EP by 5 goals)
WB v's Chad - Percentage plus (WB by 35 goals)

David Fernandez to have 35 + touches for Chadstone in that 35 goal defeat.

Dale Collins kicking goals in other ways this year.
Turned up to a glorious sunny deck at Point Cook game on the back of a centre square photo in gumboots. Then backed it up with rolling into what looked like a mud wrestling pit at Nth Brunny in thonges.
Have a look at yourself Dale.

Dale Collins kicking goals in other ways this year.
Turned up to a glorious sunny deck at Point Cook game on the back of a centre square photo in gumboots. Then backed it up with rolling into what looked like a mud wrestling pit at Nth Brunny in thonges.
Have a look at yourself Dale.
C'mon Collo, you're better than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you travel 1hr to get beaten by 500?

I don't mean to be harsh and I know they have been struggling for a few years with numbers, but it is a Metro Comp and the season goes for 18 rounds not 12. Maybe they need to look at Clubbies next year.

"For Mt. Lilydale (3rd), every week will be a must-win week if they are to hold off Eley Park and play 6th in week one of the finals."

Is the D4 scribe a bit of a dill or is there seriously going to be a top 6 this year with only 9 teams in the comp?

"For Mt. Lilydale (3rd), every week will be a must-win week if they are to hold off Eley Park and play 6th in week one of the finals."

Is the D4 scribe a bit of a dill or is there seriously going to be a top 6 this year with only 9 teams in the comp?

He is playing in D3 I think so has no idea D4 is a top 4.

Funny coming from you Roger.

Loses final and is eliminated. Cracks the shits and quits.

Realises he can win an easy premiership and comes back.

Fair assessment . Dissapointed to loose a final after working hard all year to finish second and get eliminated I think anyone would be annoyed with the system. Add in nothing easy about a premiership only round 12 still plenty of footy to be played. Coached 3 years before last season loosing every game in Div 3 by an average of 150 points a few years back never forfeited one. Yep and I did quit after the last game thinking maybe a change was warranted dont think I have every cracked the shits about loosing. Didnt need to realise the possibility of a flag was there this list was building over the last three years look at performances. Happy for you to throw my name out there never hidden from who I am and our performances. How about you still want to pot from the keyboard or happy to put a name to your alias so we can critique your performance.

Believe there was another coach who did similar. In fact rog, you were part of that conversation where another coach said he wasn't going around next year late last season. That coach is very much coaching this year.

CertainlyE="table tennis, post: 45549123, member: 55446"]Believe there was another coach who did similar. In fact rog, you were part of that conversation where another coach said he wasn't going around next year late last season. That coach is very much coaching this year.[/QUOTE]

Certainly was apparently that means we are quitters. Was gunna buzz you guys for a ressies game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back