D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Westbourne very stiff for mine, could have had half the team and no one would have complained. Although I'm tipping they won't care, in the position the rest of us dream about

Westbourne very stiff for mine, could have had half the team and no one would have complained. Although I'm tipping they won't care, in the position the rest of us dream about

Team of the year has some fantastic players in it think 4 Westbourne blokes in it is fair. No issues good job by the scribe great that all clubs are represented. Maybe a little slanted towards forwards and big ones at that. A lot of clubs have players they value highly but don't get mentioned in dispatches because they are not in the best each week. Maybe each coach should be asked to send in team they rate with only 3 players from each club as a maximum.

Team of the year has some fantastic players in it think 4 Westbourne blokes in it is fair. No issues good job by the scribe great that all clubs are represented. Maybe a little slanted towards forwards and big ones at that. A lot of clubs have players they value highly but don't get mentioned in dispatches because they are not in the best each week. Maybe each coach should be asked to send in team they rate with only 3 players from each club as a maximum.
What would yours look like Rog?

I will put my thoughts together tonight. How about you respond with yours.
I started one and was willing to put one together on here but didn't have any takers. Hard for me to finish it, as i have only seen a few games this year.

Finish yours and put it up after I post mine see how close or far apart we are.

Long time no post for me. TOTY must be very hard to do for the scribe, bit most of the comps best are in there.

Some very stiff blokes:
Johns WG
Falconer NB
Pavez WG
Point Cook ruckman (don't know his his name)

B: P.Kerr (PC)
HB: C.Hunter (OW) M.Kip (PC) R.Milne (PC)
C: A. Pianto (Man) D.Dimitriou (ML) C.Sneddon (OW)
HF: J.Johns (OW) C.Hudson (OW)
FF: Notaro (NB) Dawson (PC) D.Collins (OW)
R: D.Morrish (OW) J.Lampi (PC) A.Imber (OW)
INT:

I prefix this side by stating i haven't seen Eley Park or Mt.Lilydale this year

So they would fill a few of the gaps

Long time no post for me. TOTY must be very hard to do for the scribe, bit most of the comps best are in there.

Some very stiff blokes:
Johns WG
Falconer NB
Pavez WG
Point Cook ruckman (don't know his his name)
Well ill be. Akka.... it has been a while.

B: P.Kerr (PC)
HB: C.Hunter (OW) M.Kip (PC) R.Milne (PC)
C: A. Pianto (Man) D.Dimitriou (ML) C.Sneddon (OW)
HF: J.Johns (OW) C.Hudson (OW)
FF: Notaro (NB) Dawson (PC) D.Collins (OW)
R: D.Morrish (OW) J.Lampi (PC) A.Imber (OW)
INT:

I prefix this side by stating i haven't seen Eley Park or Mt.Lilydale this year

So they would fill a few of the gaps

For me I wont name in position I will speak as a bloke that has seen each team twice rating them on what I saw in games only.

Brunny: T Falconer, P Notaro, N Trewhella.

Massala: J Yarde , S Freeman.

My Lilydale: D Dimitriou.

Box Hill : D Earp, T Canny.

Eley Park : D Viola, T Sigalas.

Manningham: A Pianto.

Chaddy : Sorry Boys no Disrespect.

Point Cook : M Kip, R Milne, J Lampi, A Auciello,W Dawson.

West: M Culliver, F Pavez, C Hudson, D Morrish, D Collins,C Hunter, A Imber , D Stoios.

Obviously more than 22 but every team needs a couple of emergencies.

League Medal for me: P Notaro if they won enough games. If not Culliver Early leader with Lampi, Dimitriou and C Hudson chasing.

Good Luck to both sides today no injuries. Welcome to Westbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far less travel for you guys next year.

Aquinas
Box Hill North
Chaddy
Eley Park
Elsternwick
Manningham
Masala
Mt.Lilydale
North Brunny
Parkside

Looking forward to another crack at Westbourne.

Thanks everyone for the banter, general conversation and ruck machine for liking any post that was anti Point Cook!

Hope to catch you all again, but in a higher division. Good luck in 2017.

And whilst they are our sworn enemies, Westbourne put on a good show as hosts today.

Lets hope this time next week i post some unreadable drivel as a result of being too pissed celebrating an unlikely premiership!

Good luck all, and go Dogs!

Dont know what to make of that game but PC were switched on from the opening bounce and ML werent switched on at all. Tackling pressure saw many fumbles. I thought it was going to be closer without Dawson the full forward.

I reckon the league bnf is dimitriou's to lose, stood out the 4 times i saw/played mt Lillydale. From an EP perspective i reckon A.Pillay and B.Christie were our standouts and should have been locks for team of the year.

Westbourne in both grades by 6+ goals, hope the Grand finals are ripper contests though

Dont know what to make of that game but PC were switched on from the opening bounce and ML werent switched on at all. Tackling pressure saw many fumbles. I thought it was going to be closer without Dawson the full forward.

What happened to Dawson?

I reckon the league bnf is dimitriou's to lose, stood out the 4 times i saw/played mt Lillydale. From an EP perspective i reckon A.Pillay and B.Christie were our standouts and should have been locks for team of the year.

Westbourne in both grades by 6+ goals, hope the Grand finals are ripper contests though
You have got to be kidding!!
I have never seen a more overated player in dimitriou.. Stays on the outside of packs, mans up noone defensivly and always looking for an easy kick. One way player!!

You have got to be kidding!!
I have never seen a more overated player in dimitriou.. Stays on the outside of packs, mans up noone defensivly and always looking for an easy kick. One way player!!

I didn't say he's the best player in the comp, I said he's the player to beat in the best and fairest. He played in a team that won 10 games and is very recognizable which always helps. Don't think umpires think too much about 2 way running mate doubt they will start now.

I didn't say he's the best player in the comp, I said he's the player to beat in the best and fairest. He played in a team that won 10 games and is very recognizable which always helps. Don't think umpires think too much about 2 way running mate doubt they will start now
Fair point. those sort of players generally prefer individual accolades over team success.

Fair point. those sort of players generally prefer individual accolades over team success.

I reckon if you are judging him on the weekends performance its a bit harsh.

Dominated PC in last two games at Lilydale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back