D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Hudson. Swung the momentum. Deserved winner

Well for maybe the last time this year I will disagree with you. You won the first quarter and we won the next three not sure you had that much momentum after the first. For what its worth the game changed when Chris Sneddon backed in under a high ball and got cleaned up by Kippy ball spills and we score every player goes to Snedds he had taken some big hits all day for me that was when I felt we would get ya.

Chris Hudson was great for me Adam Imber BOG.

Can I just say this with some sincerity all banter aside it was a Fantastic effort from your blokes. Full credit to your skipper who lead from the front all day.

Well for maybe the last time this year I will disagree with you. You won the first quarter and we won the next three not sure you had that much momentum after the first. For what its worth the game changed when Chris Sneddon backed in under a high ball and got cleaned up by Kippy ball spills and we score every player goes to Snedds he had taken some big hits all day for me that was when I felt we would get ya.

Can I just say this with some sincerity all banter aside it was a Fantastic effort from your blokes. Full credit to your skipper who lead from the front all day.
Was Imber number 14 or 27 or neither ?, I thought either one of those two was BOG in my opinion. It was a great game to watch with plenty of fierce contests and no easy kicksto be had. I thought if Point Cook had kicked a goal early in the last Q which they had chances to it could have made for an interesting last 20 minutes. Well done Westbourne though to go through the season undefeated is an unbeleivable acheivment and one i'm sure makes last seasons loss a distant memory.

I agree that sneddon was corageous in that act.

But felt that when we kicked first two of third quarter to go 4 goals up we looked like it could open up. Huddo plucked some corageous marks in the 3rd, which then allowed Westbourne to control the footy which halted all momentum.

The sneddon moment probably clicked you into gear, but huddo stopped us when we imo were about to put another goal or two on and instead of running down a 4 goal lead, you might have been chasing 6, which would've made it really tough.

Was Imber number 14 or 27 or neither ?, I thought either one of those two was BOG in my opinion. It was a great game to watch with plenty of fierce contests and no easy kicksto be had. I thought if Point Cook had kicked a goal early in the last Q which they had chances to it could have made for an interesting last 20 minutes. Well done Westbourne though to go through the season undefeated is an unbeleivable acheivment and one i'm sure makes last seasons loss a distant memory.

14 won the medal 27 was Imber. Obviously we will have some different thoughts. I thought we should have leveled the scores with Chris Hudsons miss on the siren at 3 quater time. Scoring shots are equal I think so I guess opportunities were lost for both sides due to the pressure.

I must admit we have spent most of the year trying to not place a big emphasis on the fact we hadnt lost a game. Certainly added to the wait of expectation and created alot of pressure for the people around the team. Now its out the way I guess we have had time to take in what a great achievement it actually is.

I hope this doesnt sound arrogant but time again prefer to loose one.

I agree that sneddon was corageous in that act.

But felt that when we kicked first two of third quarter to go 4 goals up we looked like it could open up. Huddo plucked some corageous marks in the 3rd, which then allowed Westbourne to control the footy which halted all momentum.

The sneddon moment probably clicked you into gear, but huddo stopped us when we imo were about to put another goal or two on and instead of running down a 4 goal lead, you might have been chasing 6, which would've made it really tough.

Yeah I see what your angle is and him going into the ruck certainly changed a few things for us. We had been sitting it on his head all day and you kept just picking us off. Still felt the trend waqs you guys started each quarter well and we ran you down each time so I felt confident we would get you.

However can I make a mention of how well your reserves went. Obviously we think our ressies are very strong and are a tight group. It was great to see some young blokes getting a game and having an impact.

14 won the medal 27 was Imber. Obviously we will have some different thoughts. I thought we should have leveled the scores with Chris Hudsons miss on the siren at 3 quater time. Scoring shots are equal I think so I guess opportunities were lost for both sides due to the pressure.

I must admit we have spent most of the year trying to not place a big emphasis on the fact we hadnt lost a game. Certainly added to the wait of expectation and created alot of pressure for the people around the team. Now its out the way I guess we have had time to take in what a great achievement it actually is.

I hope this doesnt sound arrogant but time again prefer to loose one.
I must admit going to the game I was expecting an easy victory to Westbourne for no other reason other than they have been the best team all year and with a weeks rest also. Then to see Point Cook throw everything bar the kitchen sink at them in the 1st Q I was genuinely thinking this could be a real upset.
Point Cook were tremendous for 85 % of the game and should be congratulated on making Westbourne really earn the victory, I know it's an honorable loss but you could feel the respect won from everyone watching.
They say the cream always rises to the top and thats what happened with number 5 who had been well held kicking a couple of fantastic goals in front of his adoring fans !. Well done to both sides too no crap just good hard final footy, for me it was a great spectacle.

I must admit going to the game I was expecting an easy victory to Westbourne for no other reason other than they have been the best team all year and with a weeks rest also. Then to see Point Cook throw everything bar the kitchen sink at them in the 1st Q I was genuinely thinking this could be a real upset.
Point Cook were tremendous for 85 % of the game and should be congratulated on making Westbourne really earn the victory, I know it's an honorable loss but you could feel the respect won from everyone watching.
They say the cream always rises to the top and thats what happened with number 5 who had been well held kicking a couple of fantastic goals in front of his adoring fans !. Well done to both sides too no crap just good hard final footy, for me it was a great spectacle.

Yeah same I thought it was perfect gf. First time WB has been behind all year and had to
Work hard to get back but you see them coming in the 3rd to be 5 points down at 3/4 time after trailing by 4 goals . No 5 kicked a couple of nice ones in the last and we missed an easy one early . Then you guys controlled it and we had trouble getting it forward as both teams were going in hard

Great game !!

To be honest with you I think the start stop nature of the season is annoying and the weeks rest certainly helped us get some guys up. The year with all the byes rep footy and then the week off becomes really awkward to manage. Number 5 went into the game on one leg did his calf against you thats why he played forward. A huge effort from him really. For me as the coach always have felt Point Cook have a great fighting spirit and we do speak about getting on top of you blokes early. Point Cook didnt win any respect from me they already had it going in its been funny this year we got you bigtime round 3 then you headed us in the last quarter at your deck and we got ya. Then the first final our games are always tight games and the weekend was no different.

Yeah same I thought it was perfect gf. First time WB has been behind all year and had to
Work hard to get back but you see them coming in the 3rd to be 5 points down at 3/4 time after trailing by 4 goals . No 5 kicked a couple of nice ones in the last and we missed an easy one early . Then you guys controlled it and we had trouble getting it forward as both teams were going in hard

Great game !!

Disagree Robo's got behind on your deck and got back infront by the end. That probably helped us a bit with Saturday knowing we had got over you guys before after being down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you say 5 was well held he kicked 5.

Ramjets, must still have your beer goggles on, match report states he kicked 3. Although having said that, he was the difference in the last quarter. Thought #33 for PC did a great job on Collins in the finals. Young kid, 21 yr old, held him to 1 goal in 2nd Semi and did get a goal in the GF

Ramjets, must still have your beer goggles on, match report states he kicked 3. Although having said that, he was the difference in the last quarter. Thought #33 for PC did a great job on Collins in the finals. Young kid, 21 yr old, held him to 1 goal in 2nd Semi and did get a goal in the GF

Agree that bloke plays Collo really well.Match stats in correct gave Chris Hudson 2 and he didn't kick any.They got kicked by 5 we keep all our own info on our bench.

If you had said to me that our three big forwards would kick one goal between them I would expect to loose the game. Thought the defence of both sides was great.

My apologies, didn't think he kicked that many..stiff not to win BOG then in a tight game. I could see he was struggling with a leg issue but he is lethal on his left peg !. For what it's worth I thought the umpires were terrific also, put the whistle away and just pay the obvious.

My apologies, didn't think he kicked that many..stiff not to win BOG then in a tight game. I could see he was struggling with a leg issue but he is lethal on his left peg !. For what it's worth I thought the umpires were terrific also, put the whistle away and just pay the obvious.

Probably get in trouble for this but isnt it amazing how games change when umpired properly.Didnt notice the umps this week so good thing I guess. Unfortunately we only get that standard once or twice a year if you are lucky enough to go deep in finals.Only knock I have on the Ammos gap between the umpires in top divs and botoom too great.

Obviously the Point Cook coaching staff didnt think he played well either naming Galvin in the best.

Probably get in trouble for this but isnt it amazing how games change when umpired properly.Didnt notice the umps this week so good thing I guess. Unfortunately we only get that standard once or twice a year if you are lucky enough to go deep in finals.Only knock I have on the Ammos gap between the umpires in top divs and botoom too great.
Very true and unfortunate comment

Well done to the PC 2s boys, really gave us a scare and if you had've converted late in the 3rd may have even rolled us!! Deserving grand finalists, unlike the Eley Park boys who said things such as "see you in the granny" after their first final loss to us. o_O

Based on what I've seen this year, both Westbourne and Point Cook will be very good additions to Div3 next year.
Rog, what happened to Pendles? I noticed he missed the second half of the season. Did he get hurt or did he move on? Great player.
Not surprised to hear that Imber and Sneddon were your best - they carved us up last time we played.

Obviously the Point Cook coaching staff didnt think he played well either naming Galvin in the best.
Thought of all people Rog you'd understand. I mean you gave Sala the beers a few years ago when Mandahl kicked 6 on him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back