D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what I've seen this year, both Westbourne and Point Cook will be very good additions to Div3 next year.
Rog, what happened to Pendles? I noticed he missed the second half of the season. Did he get hurt or did he move on? Great player.
Not surprised to hear that Imber and Sneddon were your best - they carved us up last time we played.

Hey HBB he went overseas with Nishan and a couple of others. Hope we both do well next year us and Point Cook they played the best I have seen them play for a while.They have some good kids coming thru so they will improve. For us not sure atm might loose a few.

Hey HBB he went overseas with Nishan and a couple of others. Hope we both do well next year us and Point Cook they played the best I have seen them play for a while.They have some good kids coming thru so they will improve. For us not sure atm might loose a few.

Might loose a few to WRFL

Hey Robos as you know we are easy targets so blokes started ringing the players two weeks ago when the teams that missed finals finished.
That's the hardest thing and sometimes winning a flag leads to a few retirements. Hopefully you'll be able to keep most of them, and Pendles and Nish come back. Two pretty handy players to have missing.

ramjets congratulations on one of the best seasons D4 has ever seen. Quick question, obviously you were better this year than 2015 but what were the key changes you made aside from personnel?

If you look at our group it hasn't changed much over the last three years. 5 Kids from our last under 19 group have about 30 Senior games into them now. Key personnel well outside Frank Pavez and Charlie and Chris Hudson all the others got injured we had 4 serious knee injuries this year. The three guys named above have a heap of experience and that is what we thought hurt us a lack of experience. They are returning players after the left for their own reasons Frank played in all three prenierships and Charles and Chris played in the last two. The depth at the club has got a lot better with blokes hanging around and playing Ressies obviously the Ressies lost last years granny so hungry this year. Without being disrespectful we won a lot of games by big margins not sure we are a lot better than last year and the grand final proved that the comp itself seemed a little brittle.

Didn't need to change a lot remember we lost only two games last year so we felt we were around the mark.Gameplan change based on personnel and worked hard at getting big numbers to training and our fitness and skill by foot.

Last edited:

I guess it's easy to say when a club improves they must be paying. Believe it or not a lot of these players played when we were getting flogged every week and stuck around the other guys are returning players that want to come back as their value in the dollar world has decreased thru age or it suits where they are at in life. As I stated on grand final day we almost went under two years ago any money we make which is very little we only have two teams and no juniors we use to pay off our sizeable debt due to having to compensate another club to get our players back. Even thou our club had a great year we will probably still turn in the red.I think we have done the hard yards to get back up Premiers and Champions don't disrespect our effort it has been genuine and on the back of a shitload of hard work. Happy for you to message me if you can backup your allegation unless you can as the proud coach of a super footy club STFU.

Agree, pretty easy to throw that card. Theres always whispers but near on impossible to prove.

And a pretty ordinary way to address it. ramjets i dont think you should have even defended yourself on it, as it didnt warrant a response.

Agree, pretty easy to throw that card. Theres always whispers but near on impossible to prove.

And a pretty ordinary way to address it. ramjets i dont think you should have even defended yourself on it, as it didnt warrant a response.

I think when you work hard with a bunch of blokes it's hard not to defend them. You would know better than anyone our clubs troubles the last few years just annoying that not enough respect is being shown.

If you look at our group it hasn't changed much over the last three years. 5 Kids from our last under 19 group have about 30 Senior games into them now. Key personnel well outside Frank Pavez and Charlie and Chris Hudson all the others got injured we had 4 serious knee injuries this year. The three guys named above have a heap of experience and that is what we thought hurt us a lack of experience. .

Those 3 there where definitely a step above the standard this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those 3 there where definitely a step above the standard this year.

Yea and it's probably an indictment on the comp two blokes came back to play their last season and one probably has a few left and they are the better players going around.

Yea and it's probably an indictment on the comp two blokes came back to play their last season and one probably has a few left and they are the better players going around.
Indictment is a bit harsh, it is D4 ... lucky for you that they did come back otherwise you may have got rolled ??.

Agree. Whilst i am rapt with the effort of our club to get promoted, i think 4-5years ago when Sth Mornington and Swinburne were top 2 that div4 was a lot stronger.

In my opinion, getting blokes on the track early helps. A bit of disappointment from the season before is ideal to spurn that. I hope our boys react like that and there is 60+ on the track in November rather than the 20 we had.

Like you said, that pretty strong 18's side from a few years ago had about 30 senior games now and natural development amongst some mature blokes that it is easier to walk taller with.

As you mentioned, your battle will be replacing those blokes when they retire.

Indictment is a bit harsh, it is D4 ... lucky for you that they did come back otherwise you may have got rolled ??.

I dont think luck came into anything with Westbourne this year. They made every post a winner, hence being undefeated. Not much luck in that, and if they did they made thier own luck.

Agree. Whilst i am rapt with the effort of our club to get promoted, i think 4-5years ago when Sth Mornington and Swinburne were top 2 that div4 was a lot stronger.

In my opinion, getting blokes on the track early helps. A bit of disappointment from the season before is ideal to spurn that. I hope our boys react like that and there is 60+ on the track in November rather than the 20 we had.

Like you said, that pretty strong 18's side from a few years ago had about 30 senior games now and natural development amongst some mature blokes that it is easier to walk taller with.

As you mentioned, your battle will be replacing those blokes when they retire.

I dont think luck came into anything with Westbourne this year. They made every post a winner, hence being undefeated. Not much luck in that, and if they did they made thier own luck.

I'd hazard a guess that with PC and Westbourne going up, might be one of the weaker years in recent times in D4. Don't think the three clubs coming down are even close to the level of the two going up to replace them.

I'd hazard a guess that with PC and Westbourne going up, might be one of the weaker years in recent times in D4. Don't think the three clubs coming down are even close to the level of the two going up to replace them.

We have had some good ones come down. Weat brunny etc. Aquinas will be ok. If North Brunny hold thier list and add a couple. Could be thier time

Maybe that is a bit harsh just my thoughts doesn't mean it's right I didn't think our squad was a lot better than the year before I felt the comp was a lot tighter last season. For me a lot of clubs had outstanding players but not good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back