Draft Watcher D_P_S Draft Watch 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starcevich doesn't seem to find a lot of the footy. Is there something I'm missing?
His WAFL numbers are modest although ive seen none of is local footy only a few games in the champs and the All-Stars game. He had over 20 touches in both the All-stars game and the game against Vic Country. I was sold on him after his game against Country but felt validated with his great performance in the all-stars game aswell. He looks to be a modern big inside mid that can go forward and his field kicking is very good compared to other mids in this draft.

There will be some more changes to my rankings ive been going through some older footage and reviewing past notes and catching up on games I never got to see. No massive changes apart from Charlie Ballard who I feel ive rated harshly till now. He will enter my top 30.

Still more footage and player reviews to go and I may go back on gut feel with a few players, the OP will be updated later today and expect more changes over the coming weeks. Ill have another Rolling Mock draft up next Tuesday same day as for when the official Bigfooty Phantom Draft starts.

His WAFL numbers are modest although ive seen none of is local footy only a few games in the champs and the All-Stars game. He had over 20 touches in both the All-stars game and the game against Vic Country. I was sold on him after his game against Country but felt validated with his great performance in the all-stars game aswell. He looks to be a modern big inside mid that can go forward and his field kicking is very good compared to other mids in this draft.

Get the feeling he will get taken around pick 35 and end up being the steal of the draft.

Get the feeling he will get taken around pick 35 and end up being the steal of the draft.

The AFL website usually has a thing with all the info for the potential draftees, can't remember when it usually goes up. Wonder if they're doing it this year.

Hey Don, with Nath Murphy being so close to being in next year's draft rather than this one and having done so little preseason etc. where would you slot him into your 2018 rankings, if he was born a couple of weeks later and in the 2018 class?
At this stage he wouldn't be top 30 for me. I'd have him in the 35-45 range considering I have Murphy at 35 for this year and next year is stronger aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage he wouldn't be top 30 for me. I'd have him in the 35-45 range considering I have Murphy at 35 for this year and next year is stronger aswell.
Cheers, interesting the talk he's right in the mix to go top 10.

Is a bit of a head-scratcher for me the talk that we're into him, as it seems like a teach and I wouldn't have thought he fit a super-pressing need, either.

Why has Daniels gone suddenly up in your rankings?
More a change in how I rate players. His size has always been the main issue but I've decided to factor in what makes a successful AFL player and his form and athletic ability translates well for AFL football. He is quick, agile and has a great workrate so I can see him being a hard working small forward that can pinch hit in the midfield and although he may not go anywhere near the top 40 I have a feeling he will be considered a top 40 player from this draft by the end of his career.

Why so low on Murphy? Rumours are he'll be a top ten pick.
I just don't see it with him, he has some nice attributes and he has played some great games as a forward at school level but im not so sure he could have the same output at AFL level. He is 188cm so he would play the 3rd tall role, for that role at AFL level im not sure his level of output would warrant a top 10 pick. I cant see him being a 40 goal a year forward or as a deadly 3rd tall defender and even if he played well in those roles im not sure those types of players are worth as much at their peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back