Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey D_P_S, did you get to any school footy today? Hearing the clash between Haileybury and Xavier was a classic? How did Bailey Smith go for Xavs and who was best for Haileybury?

hey D_P_S, did you get to any school footy today? Hearing the clash between Haileybury and Xavier was a classic? How did Bailey Smith go for Xavs and who was best for Haileybury?
Nope I played footy myself today, I only ever get to watch school footy if I’m injured or my team has a bye so it’s mostly the Sunday TAC games I get too

Interesting to hear him speak for the first time. I can comfortably predict that he'll never discover any great scientific breakthroughs in his life, and I did LOL at the "fend off like Dustin Martin" bit.
I agree with your predictions. Bet Stephen Hawking never sidestepped blokes like that on a footy field though.

My next rankings update is up, top 10 remains unchanged although once i get to watch SA in the champs i can see Hately climbing up. I have 2 new faces in the updated rankings and 2 returning players who started in my original rankings.

My next rankings update is up, top 10 remains unchanged although once i get to watch SA in the champs i can see Hately climbing up. I have 2 new faces in the updated rankings and 2 returning players who started in my original rankings.
Why do you have Lachlan Sholl so low down? What's he missing from his game? From the little vision I have seen of him, I thought he would be in the top 30 and pushing in around 25?

Why do you have Lachlan Sholl so low down? What's he missing from his game? From the little vision I have seen of him, I thought he would be in the top 30 and pushing in around 25?
Just a few queries on his inside game and speed, he seems to be a pure outside accumulator who uses his smarts and skills. I saw Ethan Floyd as a similar type last year who didnt get picked up although Sholl is taller and is more versatile which is why i still have him in my top 40. At the moment he either really needs to show he can stay with the nippy small forwards or show he can win more contested ball for me to look at him again as a top 30 player.

So I’ve finished watching the game, a few new faces for me to see and some proven guys played well without really improving their stocks. Was good to see a few WA players for the first time with English and O’Rielly leaving the best impression. Not complete performances but a few nice things from players such as Morgan and Sharp.

For SA a few names I’ll be keeping an eye on are Sampson, Sparrow and Jarvis. I really liked the games of Lewis and Lukosius, Valente and Hately where good and far too strong for WA although I thought Hately’s Kicking was average a few times and Valente’s speed is still his main query.

So I’ve finished watching the game, a few new faces for me to see and some proven guys played well without really improving their stocks. Was good to see a few WA players for the first time with English and O’Rielly leaving the best impression. Not complete performances but a few nice things from players such as Morgan and Sharp.

For SA a few names I’ll be keeping an eye on are Sampson, Sparrow and Jarvis. I really liked the games of Lewis and Lukosius, Valente and Hately where good and far too strong for WA although I thought Hately’s Kicking was average a few times and Valente’s speed is still his main query.
More than a few times. Grubber kicks or loopy kicks that were easily intercepted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarvis for me was a surprise packet for SA. If he keeps this form up he could move up the boards.
For WA I thought Luke Jackson was one of their best.

Jarvis for me was a surprise packet for SA. If he keeps this form up he could move up the boards.
Yeah Jackson played a very good overall game for a ruck. He’s an underager, though

Jarvis I don’t think will move up high purley on his output so far and he will be a longer term player so I think a late pick is the most likely outcome

I didnt mention Jackson since he isn’t draft eligible yet, he will play AFL football no doubt

Where would you put English D_P_S? Played a well rounded game but might lack some hurt factor?
Yeah you could say a good solid game he might be a tad vanilla a bit like Parish. He doesn’t seem to have 1 standout attribute that would seperate him from other mids in this draft and his size in this case also works against him. I look at a player like Sparrow who despite not winning as much of the ball was a standout at stoppages if English was to adopt the same ability at the stoppages he would be a draft certainty.

How was the hanger that Carter #13 took in defence for WA ? Did a few other things too

WA are going to struggle in this , will they beat the allies ? I doubt it
Yeah WA is probably the weakest side, not a great draft year for them. I just realised, has Tom Joyce got an injury I haven't heard about? Seems like he didn't play, thought he would be potentially top 25-30 this year

Carter's definitely talented, NGA for Freo though. He's raw, but provides so much run. That hanger was great, too

Interesting to hear him speak for the first time. I can comfortably predict that he'll never discover any great scientific breakthroughs in his life, and I did LOL at the "fend off like Dustin Martin" bit.

The real question about this angle is will Adelaide be able to facilitate the draft pick?

They say you should never judge a book by its cover, but I think that Isak Rankine book would have mostly empty pages, apart froma few with childish scrawlings in crayon of footies and the like.

Yeah WA is probably the weakest side, not a great draft year for them. I just realised, has Tom Joyce got an injury I haven't heard about? Seems like he didn't play, thought he would be potentially top 25-30 this year

Carter's definitely talented, NGA for Freo though. He's raw, but provides so much run. That hanger was great, too

I thought Carter's decision making was terrible, his kicking action looks fine. I just think he kicked poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back