Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you have Bailey Scott falling from 35 to 45 after a good Champs series where he ended up an AA mid?
He is a hard one for me to rate, he is sort of a low impact ball winner, his speed is only ok and he is solid without being elite in contested and uncontested ball winning. Any player from 30 onwards could easily be moved out of my top 50 which shows how close it is in that range, plenty of players outside my top 50 that could go top 30 in the draft aswell.

He is a hard one for me to rate, he is sort of a low impact ball winner, his speed is only ok and he is solid without being elite in contested and uncontested ball winning. Any player from 30 onwards could easily be moved out of my top 50 which shows how close it is in that range, plenty of players outside my top 50 that could go top 30 in the draft aswell.
Thanks for the answer, mate. Always appreciate the consistent rationale behind your rankings and your speedy replies.

Some notable performances yesterday in Oakleigh vs Calder

Oakleigh
1. Collier-Dawkins
Now this was a very underwhelming performance that had me rethinking where I have him in my rankings. Again when he gets the ball he looks great and uses it well but the main knock is that he just can’t find a way to get involved in the play on transition, his leading patterns aren’t great and he doesn’t impose himself enough at the stoppages. Still plenty to look at for development but I can’t see a club taking a risk with a top 10 pick.

3. Ayton-Delaney
Just a solid game in defence, despite a few miss kicks was mostly kicking well and long, also defended well which was my main criticism of him in the champs

4. Kelly
A few miss kicks aside he played a good rebounding role where he really pushed hard to receive on a few occasions, sat on Riccardi most of the game and I thought he got the better of him in most one on ones

8. Anderson
Playing mostly forward he kicked 3 classy goals and presented well up the ground with his composure and ball use a standout. Really liked his leadership aswell which was evident watching on the boundary. Still my firm favourite for pick 1 next year

9. Rowbottom
Another solid game from Rowbottom who won plenty of the hall and tackled well, I already know his strengths which he used at the clearances again with his clean hands and clearance work but a few things still to work on. Now his kicking technique was fine but I thought he tried to penetrate every kick he did inside 50 and it just didn’t work for the players he was kicking too, needed to give the ball some air which I’ve seen him do before so it’s mostly a mental thing. Would also like him to run forward more to make himself more dangerous.

11. Rowell
Another gun for next year his work rate and running was important on the wing, he is a hard one to find a comparison for, a natural wingman but he is hardly an outside player because he loves the contest. Kicking could be tidied up.

17. Bianco
Another good player for next year he is a smart little footballer with good skills playing HB and a bit on the wing. Made a few mistakes but I like his clean hands and agility.

22. Williams
Playing full forward he presented really well and just looked all class. If he can develop into a mid then he may be a pick 1 contender next year because he is very dangerous forward and can play down back with ease.

26. Gasper
Gasper was the standout forward kicking goals from the boundary and from set shots with an important steading goal in the last quarter. Not someone on my radar going into the game but he certainly impressed with his goal nouse.

32. Ross
Ross was extremely unlucky not to make the Metro squad and he proved that again today with a great performance in the midfield. Ross barely made a mistake all gme by hand and foot and he worked hard around the ground to win the ball. Speed and agility are his knocks which would see him go lower in the draft but he is a smart and skilful player so I’d like a club to look at him as a rookie at least

Calder
8. Sholl
Another composed and skilful game down back, he again showed his smarts and leadership down back often setting up Calders rebounds. Again it’s his speed and size that keep him lower.

23. Bytel
Ball magnet pure and simple he finished game with 23 disposals only playing the first half! Heard that he got one disposal in the 3rd but it must have been very early in the quarter because I didn’t stop him and he had a jacket on at 3QT. Kicking again let him down and somehow he kicks better on his left and on his right. He is a hard one to rate at this stage because it’s hard to see how much his back is giving him grief, he got some work on it in the 1st quarter so obviously still isn’t right.

57. Kemp
I’ve heard nothing about this kid but he really impressed me with his composure, movement and skill. He hurt his shoulder? in the 3rd quarter and missed the last quarter but what really impressed me was him getting back up after the contest which obviously hurt his shoulder a lot and then running hard to stop the oppositions rebound from defence. Great dedication from a kid under a lot of pain, not sure if he is a bottom ager or not since he wasn’t on the start of year squad but I was left impressed.

Last edited:
is Bytel another Dylan Clarke?

ie, huge numbers, great at the contest, but a risk at AFL level due to quality of disposal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went into the double header at Mars today, very, very impressed with Liam Stocker's game, he looks the complete package as far as mids go, genuinely dual sided by foot and accurate, reckon he's 1st round talent for sure. Alistair Richards also very good, some sublime outside work, quick, agile with excellent skills. What can you tell me about Northern Knights' Lachlan Potter? 1st time I've seen him, boy does he ever have some serious, serious speed.

Went into the double header at Mars today, very, very impressed with Liam Stocker's game, he looks the complete package as far as mids go, genuinely dual sided by foot and accurate, reckon he's 1st round talent for sure. Alistair Richards also very good, some sublime outside work, quick, agile with excellent skills. What can you tell me about Northern Knights' Lachlan Potter? 1st time I've seen him, boy does he ever have some serious, serious speed.
Stocker is one I’ve got far too low and Richards is a hard one to rate but his speed stand out.

I love Potter and his ability to take the game on and yes his speed is elite, he and D’Intinosante should be the Knights best prospects next year

Hey DPS love your work, have you seen much of Sunny Brazier from the Northern Knights and do you think Carlton will draft him as he is part of their nga academy?

Hey DPS love your work, have you seen much of Sunny Brazier from the Northern Knights and do you think Carlton will draft him as he is part of their nga academy?
Brazier I haven’t seen much of and if I did I didn’t really pay much notice to him unfortunately , I’m not sure when I’ll see the Knights again but I’ll keep a look out

Stocker and Caldwell are two players I'm interested in more vision.
Stocker isn’t as hard as Caldwell with some YouTube footage of Sandringham games.

Might be some footage from last year for Caldwell I might check again myself

The Rolling Mock is back and now including bids.
View attachment 528605

It’s a fine line between pleasure and pain for north in that scenario. Two or three spots lower on the ladder and we get Thomas plus Hately, King or Hill.

I can see it happening too. Particularly if we lose to Collingwood and West Coast in the next 2 weeks.

It’s a fine line between pleasure and pain for north in that scenario. Two or three spots lower on the ladder and we get Thomas plus Hately, King or Hill.

I can see it happening too. Particularly if we lose to Collingwood and West Coast in the next 2 weeks.

We go in as under dogs at Adelaide at AO and Brisbane at the GABBA as well.

I did the ladder predictor and have us touch and go with pick 7,8,9.

Screenshot_2018_07_17_08_14_07.png

e1yP4J

We go in as under dogs at Adelaide at AO and Brisbane at the GABBA as well.

I did the ladder predictor and have us touch and go with pick 7,8,9.

Screenshot_2018_07_17_08_14_07.png

e1yP4J
Going to be interesting to see where Melbourne end up - the injuries are starting to mount to important players and they have a tough run coming up. Apart from Carlton and Gold Coast, the bottom half of the ladder is still quite in flux as are the bottom half of the top 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back