Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bid on Thomas, North match, draft Rozee. Then it leaves one better kid in the pool for the first we get off Melbourne.
Im sure if Scott is there we would do the same with him.
We will look to trade our 1st round pick. Still - I hope we don't match if we don't rate him in the top 10.

Bid on Thomas, North match, draft Rozee. Then it leaves one better kid in the pool for the first we get off Melbourne.
Im sure if Scott is there we would do the same with him.

And if north don’t match due to preferring another player?

North have had a good look at Thomas and if they don’t think he’s the best at our pick would be negligent to match.

As I told lemming, nope he just hangs on. The 2 new players in the top 20 I don’t think will be disputed as to why they are in, 2 players fall out. One isn’t a big shock but I think the other will be, they haven’t fallen too far though both are still top 25.
Where's my boy Tommy winding up then?:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Hately drops down the draft boards. Normally from now a hand full of TAC cup kids rise due to performance and finals.
How ridiculous. I totally agree but some kid playing TAC gets 30 touches goes up, yet Hately playing against men get his 20-25 every week goes down. Hately Rozzee etc would all dominate SANFL 18's more than pretty much anyone is playing TAC in Vic.

Because if we do rate him in the top 5 we will match. Get rid of 10 for a player or picks and use our 2nd round pick on Thomas.
You will need more than one second round pick to match a bid on Thomas. If Thomas is bid on at either pick 7 (1315 points) or 8 (1241 points), and you have traded out your first round pick, it will take your current next 3 picks, 27 (703 points) + 40 (429 points) + 53 (233 points) = (total 1365 points) to match a bid. Any trade you do make has to bring back a pick in the 31 to 36 range at the very least.

nb. the points I quoted for picks 7 & 8 are the discounted values. The points I quoted for the later picks are the full points values.

Also, any first round and end of first round compensation picks and priority picks clubs receive obviously push your 2nd round and later picks back and devalue them even further.

How ridiculous. I totally agree but some kid playing TAC gets 30 touches goes up, yet Hately playing against men get his 20-25 every week goes down. Hately Rozzee etc would all dominate SANFL 18's more than pretty much anyone is playing TAC in Vic.
You might say it is ridiculous but go back and watch how these rating progress through out the year. Every year northern acadmey and WA/SA kids rank well and then as the year goes on they tend to drop and TAC cup kids rise.
Its an observation that tends to happen each year.

You will need more than one second round pick to match a bid on Thomas. If Thomas is bid on at either pick 7 (1315 points) or 8 (1241 points), and you have traded out your first round pick, it will take your current next 3 picks, 27 (703 points) + 40 (429 points) + 53 (233 points) = (total 1365 points) to match a bid. Any trade you do make has to bring back a pick in the 31 to 36 range at the very least.
North would be more than happy with matching a bid for Thomas with their first. The kids a gun.

nb. the points I quoted for picks 7 & 8 are the discounted values. The points I quoted for the later picks are the full points values.

Also, any first round and end of first round compensation picks and priority picks clubs receive obviously push your 2nd round and later picks back and devalue them even further.
We should look at something like this with the Crows.

We trade our 1st pick this year 10 and next years 2nd rounder for their 1st round pick in 2019 and their 2nd round pick this year.

They would have 8, 10 & 13 this year to potentially trade up for Lukinsios or Rankine. Would 8 & 10 get pick 1? Very close points wise. 3 in the top 13 in what is meant to be a superdraft would handy.

We get Thomas and keep 1 2nd round pick this year and will have 2 1st round picks next year.

Can you see the Crows finishing lower than this year in 19? Unless they got smashed with injuries again I would be very surprised.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back