44. Riley Bowman - Dandenong Stingrays/VIC C
45. Fraser Turner - Clarence/ALLIES
46. Tom McKenzie - Northern Knights/VIC M
47. Zac Foot - Dandenong Stingrays/VIC C
48. Angus Hanrahan - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M
49. Oscar Brownless - Geelong Falcons/VIC C
50. Dillon O'Rielly - East Fremantle/WA
Love your work.

What's your thoughts on Hately? Different people seem to rank very differently.

Love your work.

What's your thoughts on Hately? Different people seem to rank very differently.
Hately is a hard one for me to read, not exactly a pure contested mid for his size and not overly quick or powerful. For me he projects as a Dyson Heppell style of player which isnt a bad thing but with clubs looking for more speed especially early on i could see him going mid to late first round instead of top 10.

Hately is a hard one for me to read, not exactly a pure contested mid for his size and not overly quick or powerful. For me he projects as a Dyson Heppell style of player which isnt a bad thing but with clubs looking for more speed especially early on i could see him going mid to late first round instead of top 10.
too vanilla?

Hately would be an absolute steal past 12, the kind of big bodied mid that you can build a midfield around. Still more size to put on his frame. If he was available outside the top 10, I'd love Adelaide to jump on him

Over ager Lachlan Pascoe highly regarded coming into the 2017 draft before suffering an untimely ACL very early in the season continued his excellent form at only his 3rd game back in Norwood's Reserves on the weekend. 27 Disposals - 18 Kicks - 9 Handballs - 12 Hanball Receives - 3 Marks - 4 Tackles - 1 Clearance - 5 r50's

Looked a certainty to get drafted in 2017 might be a smoky in 2018 possibly?

Hi D_P_S , considering how fantastic McGrath, Taranto and McCluggage have been in their first 2 seasons can you see Sam Walsh having a similar impact and upside?

For me he lacks pure grunt to be a dominant inside mid and lacks the elite foot skills and speed to be an elite outside mid So for me he projects as a solid middle range midfielder at the next level. His size I feel plays a part for his form against senior players where as players ahead of him like Caldwell and Rozee have that extra touch of speed and development that could set them apart.

Could easily slot him at 13 aswell with O’Halloran having a pretty underwhelming game on the weekend.
I reckon he's quicker then he looks. He's actually got a decent kick I've seen 2 live this year since moving up from vic I watched the champs and he just looked like a smooth mover with great hands surely he is someone to build a mid around. As I said I reckon if he was playing tac his contested numbers and numbers overall would be very good. Respect the opinion will watch him and rozee closely in the next few weeks

I reckon he's quicker then he looks. He's actually got a decent kick I've seen 2 live this year since moving up from vic I watched the champs and he just looked like a smooth mover with great hands surely he is someone to build a mid around. As I said I reckon if he was playing tac his contested numbers and numbers overall would be very good. Respect the opinion will watch him and rozee closely in the next few weeks
Quicker than he looks but not flat out quick my comparison to Heppell is based of this. His kicking can be inconsistent, when he gets it right its good but other times not so good and thats off last year and this year. His kicking was much worse last year. I agree that you could build a midfield around him but as i said i look to upside above anything else for my top 10 which is why he sits just outside, im still confident he becomes a best 22 midfielder at the next level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quicker than he looks but not flat out quick my comparison to Heppell is based of this. His kicking can be inconsistent, when he gets it right its good but other times not so good and thats off last year and this year. His kicking was much worse last year. I agree that you could build a midfield around him but as i said i look to upside above anything else for my top 10 which is why he sits just outside, im still confident he becomes a best 22 midfielder at the next level.
Reckon his inconsistent on his kicking when he plays as an inside mid and sometimes bangs it out of a pack? Similar to clarks knocks last year. Kinda similar but obviously not as good a kick as Clark is in space.

DPS

Just wandering what in your opinion separates Walsh/Lukosius, what are there negatives.
Its impossible to compare them because they are very different players, my main reason for having Walsh ahead of Lukosius is because Walsh is a midfielder and in the modern game they are the most influential week in week out. If your a team that needs a gun key position player over a midfielder you go Lukosius but if your tall stocks are good you take Walsh. Walsh's main negative is his size, he has a lighter frame but that could be improved on with a few seasons at AFL level. Lukosius is a class forward but not particularly strong or aggressive which are traits shared by most key forwards of his height but again strength and aggression can be improved.

Reckon his inconsistent on his kicking when he plays as an inside mid and sometimes bangs it out of a pack? Similar to clarks knocks last year. Kinda similar but obviously not as good a kick as Clark is in space.
Yep Clark is in a similar situation although id take Clark over him easily due to being a better athlete and more dangerous player overhead. Hately's kicking i thought has been at its worst when he has too much time on his hands and can get himself into trouble its when he makes quick decisions that i think his kicking looks best.

I don’t think I’ll be doing rankings for next year until after this years draft has been done. Like the one I did for this years draft it should change a fair bit anyway before the 2019 season starts after I’ve watched older footage.

Noah Anderson is my number 1 player at the moment with players like Hayden Young, Dylan Williams, Sam Flanders and Brodie Kemp potentially tacking him off that perch of the show some signs through the midfield next year. Of course interstate players will be harder to rate again, SA didn’t play many because of their strong side in the champs. Gould is of course a standout key position talent at this point and despite the high praise I havent seen Taheny so I can’t rate him. I liked Sharp from WA he is my favourite from WA so far and O’Neill and Green from the Allies are others in that first round range.

I don’t think I’ll be doing rankings for next year until after this years draft has been done. Like the one I did for this years draft it should change a fair bit anyway before the 2019 season starts after I’ve watched older footage.

Noah Anderson is my number 1 player at the moment with players like Hayden Young, Dylan Williams, Sam Flanders and Brodie Kemp potentially tacking him off that perch of the show some signs through the midfield next year. Of course interstate players will be harder to rate again, SA didn’t play many because of their strong side in the champs. Gould is of course a standout key position talent at this point and despite the high praise I havent seen Taheny so I can’t rate him. I liked Sharp from WA he is my favourite from WA so far and O’Neill and Green from the Allies are others in that first round range.
Tahany should have played in the U18s champs but I think they had his position filled with Rozee and would rather expose the guys like Jarvis, Chapman etc that were draftable this year. He would have made the U18 SA side stronger if he had of played thats for sure.

Tell me more about Charger Jack Ross, liked what I saw today, big bodied mid and looks like a player that could play AFL now build wise.

Tell me more about Charger Jack Ross, liked what I saw today, big bodied mid and looks like a player that could play AFL now build wise.
I really like him mostly because of the way he goes about it. I’m aware of his limitations and can see why he only got a state combine invite. He was stiff not to make the final Metro squad after a solid game in the Metro practise match before hand.

What I like most about him is that he doesn’t just use his big body in the contest he will also tackle hard and spoil around the ground. He works on the outside which shows in the amount of marks he takes every game, he has great composure with ball in hand aswell and usually picks the right options.

As for weaknesses he doesn’t possess much speed and he could have a bit more impact at stoppages. His kicking is only solid and because of his speed I can’t see him playing defence or forward so it makes it harder for clubs to develop him. If a club is potentially looking for a solid midfield rotation with composure and leadership qualities you have your player but his type probably goes as a rookie if not he will potentially work his way in through the VFL once he really put some size in to be a genuine mature age solid midfielders in the Sam Menegola mould.

I really like him mostly because of the way he goes about it. I’m aware of his limitations and can see why he only got a state combine invite. He was stiff not to make the final Metro squad after a solid game in the Metro practise match before hand.

What I like most about him is that he doesn’t just use his big body in the contest he will also tackle hard and spoil around the ground. He works on the outside which shows in the amount of marks he takes every game, he has great composure with ball in hand aswell and usually picks the right options.

As for weaknesses he doesn’t possess much speed and he could have a bit more impact at stoppages. His kicking is only solid and because of his speed I can’t see him playing defence or forward so it makes it harder for clubs to develop him. If a club is potentially looking for a solid midfield rotation with composure and leadership qualities you have your player but his type probably goes as a rookie if not he will potentially work his way in through the VFL once he really put some size in to be a genuine mature age solid midfielders in the Sam Menegola mould.
Looks and plays similar to Charlie Thompson from Chargers/ Carey last season. Hard as a cat’s head and does lots of great things which go largely unnoticed.

Looks and plays similar to Charlie Thompson from Chargers/ Carey last season. Hard as a cat’s head and does lots of great things which go largely unnoticed.
A bit taller than Charlie but yep very similar, although I like the way they go about it they don’t have the wow factor and speed that clubs are desperate for these days.

Cooper Stephens impresses me more and more every time I see him play, whereabouts do you have him in the pecking order??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back