Daft Punk - Human After All.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 18, 2003
The Room
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Am I missing something here?

Sure, music at its simplest (or at least sounding uncomplicated, with subtle changes here and there) can be extremely catchy, but if ever there was an argument for dance music just being repetitive mind-numbing loops, then this might be exhibit A.
I've heard bits and pieces of Thomas Bangalter's Trax on da Rocks albums - which is of a slightly similar sound, and didn't think it was too bad...but I'm having trouble warming to Daft Punk's latest.

Funnily enough though, I can't stop listening to the songs Human After All, Make Love (probably the most repetitive of all the songs) & Brainwasher - they're decent songs - but the rest of the album is hard to listen to at once.

Maybe I need to give it time, listen a little closer or something, I don't know...guess on first impressions I'm just disappointed with overall result.

Anyone thoughts on the album?

hans moleman said:
Am I missing something here?

Sure, music at its simplest (or at least sounding uncomplicated, with subtle changes here and there) can be extremely catchy, but if ever there was an argument for dance music just being repetitive mind-numbing loops, then this might be exhibit A.
I've heard bits and pieces of Thomas Bangalter's Trax on da Rocks albums - which is of a slightly similar sound, and didn't think it was too bad...but I'm having trouble warming to Daft Punk's latest.

Funnily enough though, I can't stop listening to the songs Human After All, Make Love (probably the most repetitive of all the songs) & Brainwasher - they're decent songs - but the rest of the album is hard to listen to at once.

Maybe I need to give it time, listen a little closer or something, I don't know...guess on first impressions I'm just disappointed with overall result.

Anyone thoughts on the album?

HOW GOODS THEIR NEW SONG ROBOT ROCK

I absolutely love everything Daft Punk have ever done, but Human After All is THE most disappointing album EVER in my opinion.

It was apparently written/recorded/mixed in 6 weeks in their apartment studio.....and it sounds like it.

Total piece of chit.

Sounds like crap. (which is possibly the most disappointing aspect of it imo - their stuff has always sounded so FAT....this sounds like a very poor off-the-shelf bedroom computer album)

The songs are barely songs. There are a few cool ideas (ideas that were realised much better on Discovery), but even the coolest idea gets boring after 3mins of the same thing......did they lose the concept of song structure while they were "making" this album?

I think I can see what they were going for, but they didn't come close to pulling it off.

This album sounds like a cross between Homework and Discovery, but with all the good and interesting bits taken out.

What has happened to Daft Punk? How could an act so cool one day actually want to release something so crap the next day? Interstella5555 is one of the coolest musical/animation experiences ever, and then they release this rubbish?

They could have at least FINISHED the songs before putting them out there for people (like me) to waste their money on.

1/10

I guess the title is appropriate anyway. I wonder if that's the only statement they've tried to make with this album.

never been able to understand the daft punk fad... i think its pretty crap.

i suppose its just my taste in music is different and thats life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the bump, but Daft Punk after 28-years of providing brilliant sounds have decided to split.

I actually was listening to them (and Stardust) a fair bit over the weekend before this was announced. It was a weird, sad coincidence. But I guess they have only released one album and done a couple bits of (really good) production/collabs in a decade, so maybe not totally shocking? Hopefully we still hear from them in some way.

btw, this was uploaded on a few weeks ago and is awesome:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back